Setting a home surveillance system with webcams???

Alright so I've been hearing about some people setting up a video surveillance system in/around their houses using webcams, etc...
Like one lady caught a burglar robbing her house while at work. I'm looking at possibly setting up one for my place.

Does anyone have any experience, advice, tips on this?
Like what programs you can get to setup up the surveillance network so you can get an IP address to watch it on the web from wherever?
Or what webcams are recommended, etc?

Thanks for any help NT!

people are sick

she prolly left the door unlocked with some bait planted.

Im looking to do the same thing outside of my house.

I was going to use wireless but I cant imagine how terrible the quality is, especially at night.
sick.gif

I have the thing to connect the camera to my computer and record it from there.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Originally Posted by SAlNlDllvllAlNl

I wonder if there was a huge delay at her watching her house being burglarized?

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Maybe a few seconds. I accessed a camera in a cafe once and moved it to aim to the right and when I did the cashier next to it kept staring at it.

I was looking at home surveillance system systems because somebody kept stealing my mail and broke into two cars in our driveway, a 200ft private driveway atthat! Seems to happen between 2-4am when its too hard for me to stay awake and hide somewhere to snatch these thieves.

Ya im mainly looking for a good preferably freeware or inexpensive program that allows you to hook up multiple webcams, use motion detection, and allows you tocheck the stream from anywhere with an internet connection.

i installed 8 cams with a DVR & web viewing capabilities, & best part is I got em off of costco.com!
took me & my boys a few hours plus a couple pizzas & cases of beer to hook everything up in my house.

i gotta say I like it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom