Settings for my new Samsung 32" LCD?

Im quite the noob at tvs...

I just got a 32" Samsung LCD 720p from Best Buy on Friday. I hooked it up and haven't gotten my digital cable box yet. I have basic cable right nowand the picture isn't as clear as I'd like. I don't have a box for my basic cable though, its just hooked up by the antenna wire.

When I had my small tv the picture was clear, but now that I hook up the same cable to this new tv the picture is kind of pixaly.

I'm not sure whether its the tv settings that could be changed to look nicer or when I get my cable box it will make the channels look like a higherdefinition.

Is there any settings I could change to make the resolution nicer?

I just had this TV, exchanged it for a Bravia. But mine was pretty clear try playing with the settings.

yoo the same thing is happening with the HDTV i brought for my parents' room. The picture is lookin kiinda blurry. I tried playin wit the settings (changinthe color, contrast, etc), but it still isn't helping.

OP I have 2 samsung HD TV's and without hd the picture looks horrible. By horrible I mean worse than a regular definition tv, but once you get HD it willlook great.

wow i just got this tv today. i havent took it out of the box yet but i hope i dont have this problem.

Originally Posted by ListenHere

These TV's are meant to be viewed in HD....just running it through the antenna is going to give you a bad picture, especially with an LCD TV.

yup, that manny pixels have to be fed the appropriate amount other wise it doesn't look to great

yall keep tellin him go HD....

OP.... i just got a 40" sharp at brandsmart. i have basic cable also. if u run a channel scan DIGITAL AND ANALOG you will pick up all your current tvstations, AND about 100+ more digital HD stations that my old tv never saw. i didnt change any services with comcast, no new cables, nothing. simply plug inyour coaxial, run the scan and enjoy HD

Originally Posted by skep

yall keep tellin him go HD....

OP.... i just got a 40" sharp at brandsmart. i have basic cable also. if u run a channel scan DIGITAL AND ANALOG you will pick up all your current tv stations, AND about 100+ more digital HD stations that my old tv never saw. i didnt change any services with comcast, no new cables, nothing. simply plug in your coaxial, run the scan and enjoy HD
This is good advice.

If that doesn't work, then do get some HD cable.

on my remote? i ran it thru the TV settings but yes i used the remote to get there.
i have a whole new range of channels, along with most of my original channels replaced in HD and then some
i even have a full lineup of music channels, and my tv now goes up to 116 (with all the multiple channels via digital in between of course)

again, i have comcast, but i see no reason why any other service provider would not give this service. the channels are there, your tv just needs to find them
and i am new to the flat screen/digital tv thing too.. my tv in my room doesnt even have RCA cables. and my old living room tv isnt an hd tv, 32" oldschool tube tv
im not a tv pro by any means, but i gotta say it was very easy and was shocked to see all my new free hd channels with the new badass 40" 1080p TV

this is a misconception that people have when they buy hdtv. they think if they plug in their hdtv to an antenna they going to get hd picture
laugh.gif
do the scan,you should pick up basic channel hd (abc, nbc, fox, etc) then depending on your cable company youll pick up a few hd stuff. but get the hd package/service withyour cable company so you can enjoy your tv

If you have cable just call your cable provider and ask for there HD box and they'll give you what you need.

Originally Posted by TyrekeEvans

how about Over the Air channels? How do i maximize the HD? just do the converter box scan?

If you've got an hdtv, you shouldn't have a converter box. HDTVs have a digital tuner. Just attach your coaxial cable from your regular antenna toyour tv and run the channel scan. Then you'll find over the air HD channels that are available. If you don't have an antenna, you can get smallinterior/exterior ones for pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom