***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I got a PM from 715. I'll just paraphrase it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

dear god, please tell LB510 to stop posting.

straight up, tell that guy that Dr 715 wants him to never post in the SF Giants thread again. he's wrong 150357% of the time.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by stuntastic020

I personally am a big Brian Wilson fan, I love when he walks out.. Hes always super serious like its about to go down, I always imagine like some crazy music playing as he walks to the mound.

im pretty sure they do that at giants games.

Crazy game. Didn't really think there was any chance they would win, yet alone score when Winn and Renteria were on base. Hell, I didn't even thinkthey'd get on base. Hopefully they play well and get some of those hitters back because the lineup was atrocious. Garko batting cleanup
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. I'd much rather have Matt Downs called up to play second and have Uribe play third or SS (while Renteria rests), but I don't know howRohlinger is.

LB, are you serious that you think the Giants have a better lineup than the Nationals, Blue Jays or Orioles. Absolutely have to be kidding yourself. (sorry Icouldnt address this earlier...stuck at work....btw good win
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by dland24

LB, are you serious that you think the Giants have a better lineup than the Nationals, Blue Jays or Orioles. Absolutely have to be kidding yourself. (sorry I couldnt address this earlier...stuck at work....btw good win
laugh.gif
)

i would say 5 teams MAX.

[table][tr][td]
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 15[/td] [td]@ TEX[/td] [td]L 2-7[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 10[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]W 6-5[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 5[/td] [td]@ TAM[/td] [td]L 4-6[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jul 29[/td] [td]OAK[/td] [td]L 6-8[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

[table][tr][td]
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aug 15[/td] [td]@ TEX[/td] [td]L 2-7[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td][/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aug 10[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]W 6-5[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aug 5[/td] [td]@ TAM[/td] [td]L 4-6[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jul 29[/td] [td]OAK[/td] [td]L 6-8[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td][/td] [td]7[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] Aug 21[/td] [td]NYY[/td] [td]L 11-20[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]131.2[/td] [td]5.61[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Cubs have placed both Rich Harden and Aaron Heilman on waivers, and both players have been claimed, reports Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com

Neither claiming team is known, though it has been revealed that Heilman was taken by a National League club. The Cubs now have until Monday to either work out trades for the players, let them walk for nothing or pull them back.

Rosenthal points out that, given the big compensation the Cubs would receive by keeping Harden till free agency then letting him go, they would likely ask for an arm and a leg in any trade. The Dodgers, Giants and Rockies have all been put forward as teams that would have an interest in picking up Harden for the stretch run.

Obviously, the Cubs aren't thinking about stretch runs, but are positioning themselves for next season. That's what you do when you are completely out of it before September.

Pretty much no chance he comes to us, but I figured it'd be worth posting.

Are his stats this year
sick.gif
yes. But he has always pitched well agisnt us.Going back to 05 his first year with LA he's 5-1 against us. in those 6 games he gave up around 10 runs

Originally Posted by LB510

Are his stats this year
sick.gif
yes. But he has always pitched well agisnt us. Going back to 05 his first year with LA he's 5-1 against us. in those 6 games he gave up around 10 runs
If you go back 5 years, I bet a lot of pitchers have done well against the Giants considering they have been horrible.

Edit: Not that any of this matters, but I just checked the stats. From '04-'08 he has made 15 starts. He is 6-2 with a 3.38 ERA. Where are you gettingyour stats bro?

Like the percent chance the Giants had to win the last two games of a series after losing the first. I want to see all the statistical analysis he uses to giveus these numbers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Are his stats this year
sick.gif
yes. But he has always pitched well agisnt us. Going back to 05 his first year with LA he's 5-1 against us. in those 6 games he gave up around 10 runs
If you go back 5 years, I bet a lot of pitchers have done well against the Giants considering they have been horrible.

Edit: Not that any of this matters, but I just checked the stats. From '04-'08 he has made 15 starts. He is 6-2 with a 3.38 ERA. Where are you getting your stats bro?

yea your right I didn't X2 the 1.69.

God forbid one of are 5 starters gets hurt we would have a picther who knows the division and has piched well aginst it. Thats it thats all.
I was looking at baseball reference and Fox Sports.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Are his stats this year
sick.gif

Edit: Not that any of this matters, but I just checked the stats. From '04-'08 he has made 15 starts. He is 6-2 with a 3.38 ERA. Where are you getting your stats bro?

yea your right I didn't X2 the 1.69.

God forbid one of our I starters gets hurt we would have a picther who know the division and has piched well aginst it. Thats it thats all
I was looking at baseball reference and fox sports.
Brad Penny sucks is the bottom line he would probably worse than Sadowski.

2.5 out. Huge game tonight with Colorado coming to town tomorrow. They could potentially be 2 out, which is what they were when the series started in Colorado.

Hopefully 2 out with Lincecum, Zito, and Cain going. Let's go!

Back
Top Bottom