***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by EZLN1

did anyone just see that? Bochy playing SMART baseball by bunting Winn...too bad it takes him until august to play fundamental baseball
I was not a fan of Winn bunting in that situation. It takes the bat out of Pablo's hands, obviously he's your best hitter. No one scares you in this lineup. It's a no-brainer to walk Pablo.

Cosign. Sorry EZLN1....you AND Bochy seem to be missing the fundamental baseball decision making part of your brain. I know Winn is definitely not yourprototypical 3 hitter, but doing what Bochy just did took the bat out of his 3 and 4 hitters, and left the inning up to his 5 and 6. That is NOT smartbaseball.

I feel like Bochy doesnt have a clue when its a good time to put plays on.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

did anyone just see that? Bochy playing SMART baseball by bunting Winn...too bad it takes him until august to play fundamental baseball
I was not a fan of Winn bunting in that situation. It takes the bat out of Pablo's hands, obviously he's your best hitter. No one scares you in this lineup. It's a no-brainer to walk Pablo.

Cosign. Sorry EZLN1....you AND Bochy seem to be missing the fundamental baseball decision making part of your brain. I know Winn is definitely not your prototypical 3 hitter, but doing what Bochy just did took the bat out of his 3 and 4 hitters, and left the inning up to his 5 and 6. That is NOT smart baseball.

I feel like Bochy doesnt have a clue when its a good time to put plays on.
Yeah, I'd rather have Winn strikeout/pop out. That lets Pablo swing with runners at 1st and 2nd. At least Pablo gets to takes his hacks.

I know it in effect took pablo's bat out of his hands....but this team struggles to score to say the least, and I feel it's big to get a lead so earlyin a playoff like game.
Runner on 3rd with 1 out should be a given run

Nice strike 'em out, throw 'em out!
15rldzc.gif

I know it in effect took pablo's bat out of his hands....but this team struggles to score to say the least, and I feel it's big to get a lead so early in a playoff like game.
Here are things to consider:

- Like Jon Miller said, we help out Ubaldo by giving an out to a pitcher who hasn't retired anybody yet.
- I already talked about taking the bat out of Pablo's hands.
- No one knows how to hit situational. No one's going to hit a sac fly on this team.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The biggest thing with me is taking the bat out of Pablo's hands.

I know it in effect took pablo's bat out of his hands....but this team struggles to score to say the least, and I feel it's big to get a lead so early in a playoff like game.

I understand your reasoning, but I still completely disagree. There are multiple things to think about here.

- What I already said.....we could have had at bats by Winn and Pablo with runners on base...instead we got at bats by Ishikawa and Uribe with runners on base.

- Ubaldo let the first two batters of the game get on base. Knowing he is facing Lincecum, he KNOWS he needs to get out to a good start. He gets off to a shakystart, and we essentially GIVE him an out. If you ever pitched before, you would know how much that first out relaxes you.

That was just not a good situation to bunt. THIS ONE however, is a perfect time.
laugh.gif

We have two types of nights. Nobody gets on base and nobody scores. Everybody gets on base and nobody scores. Renteria is a @!#*$+! bum! I want to know hisaverage with a full count.

I love that were getting baserunners early and making him Throw pitches but we need to get on the board!

Back
Top Bottom