***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by aec23

^right now there arent hitters available.
See this is where I would have to respectfully disagree. There are hitters available, its just that Sabean sits on his hands and doesnt know agood oppurtunity when he sees one. Alex Rios was available....we passed. Aubrey Huff was available.....we passed. There were/are good pitchers available, wejust arent proactive enough. Those 2 hitters right there would be the 2nd best hitter on our team. Yet we dont make the move. Its baffling.

Originally Posted by dland24

See this is where I would have to respectfully disagree. There are hitters available, its just that Sabean sits on his hands and doesnt know a good oppurtunity when he sees one. Alex Rios was available....we passed. Aubrey Huff was available.....we passed. There were/are good pitchers available, we just arent proactive enough. Those 2 hitters right there would be the 2nd best hitter on our team. Yet we dont make the move. Its baffling.
QFT
tired.gif

roll.gif
brad penny to the giants? More reason to hate that primadonna.

He is the last clubhouse guy you want in there, his pouting and thinking he should be put on a pedastool will get old QUICK.

There's a reason why he was let go so easily from the dodgers, and why no other teams wanted to pay up for the douche - hell redsox thought they'd getsomething out of penny but he didn't want to accept the fact he needed to be in the 'pen.

yes, I hate that **%+!.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

roll.gif
brad penny to the giants? More reason to hate that primadonna.

He is the last clubhouse guy you want in there, his pouting and thinking he should be put on a pedastool will get old QUICK.

There's a reason why he was let go so easily from the dodgers, and why no other teams wanted to pay up for the douche - hell redsox thought they'd get something out of penny but he didn't want to accept the fact he needed to be in the 'pen.

yes, I hate that **%+!.
I'd take your word for it and listen to someone who's had a closer look at Brad Penny then most of the Giants fans.

I just don't like this signing at all.

Originally Posted by dland24

See this is where I would have to respectfully disagree. There are hitters available, its just that Sabean sits on his hands and doesnt know a good oppurtunity when he sees one. Alex Rios was available....we passed. Aubrey Huff was available.....we passed. There were/are good pitchers available, we just arent proactive enough. Those 2 hitters right there would be the 2nd best hitter on our team. Yet we dont make the move. Its baffling.
that is very true, but would you want the Giants to be responsible for Rios' contract over the next however many years he is signed through? Iknow they might not be responsible for all of it, but I would assume Toronto only agreed to terms for his new team to take a bulk of it. Also for Huff, howmuch worse would Sabean look if he traded for Huff after he traded for Garko? also Ishikawa has been serviceable. Huff is having an off season and adding himwhile Ishi and Garko were platooning would have been impracticle. Also Panda is on 3rd, so there would be no room for Huff.

Now that hearing Dye might be available, Sabean needs to think about this, he would easily be the 2nd best hitter on the team behind Panda.

I'd like to see them go after Dye...that's a move I'd get excited about.

Penny isn't a horrible signing for that price, especially to slot into the #5 spot for the stretch run. Any pitcher should be extra motivated pitching atPac Bell, too.

From Andrew Baggarly:
There are other names rumored to be floating out there in the waning hours, most notably White Sox power hitters Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko, but I'm told the Giants don't expect any more moves this evening. And since any player they would acquire tomorrow would be ineligible for the postseason, it's safe to say the Giants offense is what it is.
This probably won't surprise anyone

Thome to the Dodgers. Great. Effing Brian Sabean. Again, lets another player that could definitely help us go somewhere else. Lovely.

What good would Thome do us if he probably doesn't even own a glove at this point in his career? He would strictly be a pinch hitter in the late inningswho would clog up the base paths. If he doesn't produce, you'll be on him like you're on Garko.

As someone already noted, Rios' contract is Rowand-like, so I'd rather steer clear of that instead of tying up our payroll on two almost identicalplayers.

I'm indifferent toward Penny. If he produces, great. If he doesn't, I'm sure Martinez/The Big Sadowski would be getting shelled anyway.

P.S. I find it funny how a Dodger fan is saying we brought in a clubhouse cancer when they recently signed Padilla.

^ I agree Padilla is a nut case. Is thome better than what we have yes but he hasn't played on defense in 2+ years. In LA hes only going to picnh hit and Ithink his impact will be minimal.Plus we dont need three 1st basemen. As for LA the Galand pick-up was nice. Not really big on Jose Contreras dudes gunna getshelled playing in Colorado.

Originally Posted by What up

P.S. I find it funny how a Dodger fan is saying we brought in a clubhouse cancer when they recently signed Padilla.
laugh.gif

Great first post, but yet TRY AGAIN.

There's a difference here when you look at what a clubhouse cancer is.

Padilla is a headcase, yup ... the ONLY reason he got the boot out of the Rangers was because he called his own play by headhunting dudes who'd hit histeammates.

Catchers didn't tell him to do so, nor did the coaches - he decided to protect his teammates and send a message to the other team saying, "you wannahit my guys, RIP to you."

The Ranger organization wasn't gonna have that because in the end their players would probably get it to the dome back. Therefore, he got released.

All this "clubhouse cancer" shenanigans that you think about the guy was just put out there so no other team would take a chance on him.

Ready for more? Bradley Penny ... now here's the difference - point black ... HE IS A PRIMADONNA. Define it however you want, dude will pout his way downthe clubhouse when things don't go his way.

Yes, you won a world series, yes you've been an all-star, hell yes you've been an ACE - but don't at 5-6 years later you still deserve those labelsif you don't come prepared game in and game out.

Dude got torched in his last season with the Dodgers and was a great asset for us while he was on the DL, same story with the Red Sox ... but once the Soxinformed him of his demotion to the 'pen he wasn't having it. He pouted all the way down to Francona's office and made sure he wasn't happyabout that ... and my point is WHO THE %!!% DOES BRAD PENNY THINK HE IS?
laugh.gif

So in conclusion, I'd take ... as you say a "clubhouse cancer" in Padilla over Penny any day of the week because I know damn well he'll bethere protecting his TEAM instead of a wannabe rockstar hick who wears cowboy hats, cutoff shirts and jorts.

%!!% Brad Penny.

You really think I give a $#%! what you have to say?

I'll be sure to bookmark this page so when I have a minute in my busy life, I'll come back and consider reading your irrelevant opinions.

I'll be sure to bookmark this page so when I have a minute in my busy life, I'll come back and consider reading your irrelevant opinions.
eek.gif
6 posts in, I'm already a fan.
roll.gif

Seems like you do.

Try again, again.

Franchise, is this dude serious? Finding something humorous means I actually care? Oh, that's rich ...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Sonned

Back
Top Bottom