***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

bats actually showed up
pimp.gif

sanchez 2-4
pimp.gif

that buster posey incident was pretty funny.
juan uribe talking was FUNNY AS HELL. dude threw in some spanish in there thinking the audience will interpret that shizzzz. that's too bad becuase evenhis english is all over the map

There's some unsubstantiated rumor that Posey might start Wednesday for Zito's start. He caught Zito's side-session before today's game andWednesday's game is a day game after a night game. It's probably just wishful thinking though.

Franchise and Burn916 should be eating crow.
Yeah you got me on that one...but hey, Sanchez doesn't throw a no hitter with Fred Lewis in center field
laugh.gif

Found it
laugh.gif

Burn916, you still better be here in July or August when Rowand is hitting .270 with 13 homeruns and 47 RBI and the Giants are 15 games behind in the Wild Card.

.271, 13 homeruns, 56 RBI...HA!

went to the game today great atmosphere sell out and got a win
pimp.gif

it seemed like the return of freddy sanchez put people in the correct spaces and allowed bochy to put sandoval at first to spell ishikawa/garko. this had to bethe best the giants could put out there offensively the only thing i'd change is schierholtz for torres.

9 runs tho
pimp.gif

Giants calling up Bumgarner

Madison Bumgarner, the Giants' best pitching prospect, is being called up to the majors today.

If it was a surprise catcher Buster Posey got a September promotion, this is even more of a stunner considering Bumgarner is two years out of high school. Hewas the 10th overall pick in the 2007 draft.

The Giants might want to see how Bumgarner handles himself this month because he might be a candidate for a rotation spot next year.

At Double-A Connecticut, the lefty was 9-1 with a 1.93 ERA in 107 innings, striking out 69 and walking 30.

He opened the year with Single-A San Jose and was 3-1 with a 1.48 ERA in five starts.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

timmy hurt?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...tail?&entry_id=47109

Henry Schulman reporting from the ballpark: I want to stress that I have not confirmed this directly, but I'm getting a strong vibe that Madison Bumgarner is being promoted so he can start tonight's game...

UPDATE: Bumgarner to start tonight for Lincecum?

http://
[h2]UPDATE: Bumgarner to start tonight for Lincecum?[/h2]
Henry Schulman reporting from the ballpark:

I want to stress that I have not confirmed this directly, but I'm getting a strong vibe that Madison Bumgarner is being promoted so he can start tonight's game in favor of Tim Lincecum, who presumably cannot start because he is hurt.

I've been told that manager Bruce Bochy is going to make an announcement at 3:45 p.m., when the clubhouse opens to the media, which is very unusual. He normally talks around 4:30.

I'll update as soon as possible:

Madison Bumgarner, the Giants' best pitching prospect, is being called up to the majors today.

If it was a surprise catcher Buster Posey got a September promotion, this is even more of a stunner considering Bumgarner is two years out of high school. He was the 10th overall pick in the 2007 draft.

The Giants might want to see how Bumgarner handles himself this month because he might be a candidate for a rotation spot next year.

At Double-A Connecticut, the lefty was 9-1 with a 1.93 ERA in 107 innings, striking out 69 and walking 30.

He opened the year with Single-A San Jose and was 3-1 with a 1.48 ERA in five starts.
http://

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?&entry_id=47109#ixzz0QYb6BtUB

If Timmy misses extended time, its bye bye wildcard (not that I was overly optimistic anyways).

wow this is huge for both the team and Bumgarner, PLEASE TIMMY DONT BE SERIOUSLY HURT, maybe just the flu or something!!!!

I'll be there tonight, decked out in full doomer gear. My Scott Spiezio bat, the Jose Cruz Jr. model glove, and Salomon Torres replica jersey.

One of the comments.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by chris82790

i just went on the giants website and it said lincecum has back spasms
thats what happens when he's asked to carry the team.

surprise the other pitchers don't have it.
.....you crappy %#% offense
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

How ready is Bumgarner? He probably woke up this morning in Fresno thinking he'd play Xbox for the next 6 hours.

Let play the What Spot In The Order Would These Ex-Giants Hit If They Were On The 2009 Giants.

Or WSITOWTEGHITWOT2009G for short.

I'll lead off and our first candidate is ......

ondeck1a.jpg

Bill Mueller!

I'd say he'll bat 2nd - Present day Freddy Sanchez.

Your thoughts ...

And LB510, no, he can't bat 10th.

Well that's the obvious/sarcastic answer.

Ramon Martinez could hit clean up for this team.

Back
Top Bottom