***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Brian Wilson!

stressed%20chin.png

Ah, crap now I can't blame Brian Wilson. Let's turn it here. 6,4,3 or 5,4,3 or 1,6,3/ 1,5,3 or 4,6, 3.
laugh.gif

We still don't look good at all, but maybe we can get hot. Nice win we got Cain tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

lol @ this velez interview.

I was
roll.gif
......didnt understand a word of what he said.

So the postgame wrap just said the Giants medical staff was looking at Sanchez's knee last night.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

lol @ this velez interview.

I was
roll.gif
......didnt understand a word of what he said.

So the postgame wrap just said the Giants medical staff was looking at Sanchez's knee last night.
nerd.gif
That is actually probably the hold up on a trade. Stupid bruised knee...I thought Jack Wilson would be part of the deal. That would be great.Haha.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Randy Johnson's Career is over.
Torn Rotater Cuff.
NO please no
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

But just saw that velez had a HR
eek.gif
eek.gif

And Garko 0-4
grin.gif

Sanchez coming to SF?

Garko had may have taken an 0-fer, but he hit a couple of balls hard, just right at people. Anyway, not gonna judge this trade off one game obviously, buti'll be happy if he can keep squaring up the ball like he did on his last 2 at bats. They'll start to fall in.

Originally Posted by dland24

nerd.gif
The only reason Freddy was being looked at by the Giants medical staff was because I heard on road trips, team doctors travel with the team, butnot the physicians. The home team usually lends a hand and offer their services.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Ejections Connecticut Defenders pitcher Madison Bumgarner ejected by HP umpire Cory Hinga. (2nd).

laugh.gif

Madison Bumgarner: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 0 K--1 HR, 1 WP

This from Andrew Baggarly:
Giants second basemen have been among the least productive units in baseball. A league-average player would represent a huge upgrade, to say nothing of a former batting champion like the Pittsburgh Pirates' Freddy Sanchez.

The Giants think that's a bright idea, too, but club officials were not close to a trade that would keep Sanchez in town past today's series finale at AT&T Park. Their first choice remains Florida's Dan Uggla, but the Marlins are four games over .500 and have been hesitant to put their players on the market.

The two sides have talked, and they might even have a realistic framework in place. But don't forget, Sanchez is making a bit of coin this year. He could be a guy who slips through waivers, and if so, that means he could just as easily be dealt in August.

If I'm the Giants and I'm looking at a player with a sore knee who also had a sore back a couple weeks ago, and by the way, is in a 3-for-34 spell at the plate, I'm not so certain it's worth sacrificing a couple players while also taking on salary.

From everything I can gather, the player the Giants really covet is Florida's Dan Uggla. He's not having a great season, or even a good one. But he's got legitimate cleanup power. As I've pointed out a wee time or two, the best thing the Giants can do to improve their offense is add a cleanup hitter and move Bengie Molina down in the lineup. Freddy Sanchez is not the droid they are looking for.

The Giants are almost certain to deal for a middle infielder, though - especially after learning that shortstop Edgar Renteria will require right-elbow surgery after the season. Renteria intends to play through a painful bone spur with the aid of cortisone shots, but Juan Uribe is expected to spell him often.

roll.gif

I just heard the Bumgarner story on the morning show with Kruk. Apparently a hitter called time late and the next pitch he buzzed one by his chin. Later in thegame a batter did the same thing. The next pitch Bumgarner threw it two feet behind him.
roll.gif

Good for him. I am a high school baseball coach, and there are few things that irritate me more than an umpire granting time to a batter who calls it late. Itsdangerous and ridiculous that umpires continue to grant time to batters who call it when a pitcher already starts his motion. Its done all the time too.Frustrating.

If Sabean pulls off multiple trades without giving up MadBum, Alderson, Pucetas, or Sanchez
eek.gif
(knocks on wood).

Bowker and Frandsen are completely expendable IMO. I like Guzman, but i'll take the all-star 2b any day.

Back
Top Bottom