Share your experiences of disrespect from superiors at work.

I'm just now getting annoyed with the owner, and know for a fact there are lots of people who deal with worse.
He and one of my managers, who's his sidekick, really get on my nerves, but I can't say I've dealt with harsh disrespect. The worst I really have to deal with is mitigated speech on work I and other hard-working co-workers have done.

Just curious to know how bad it is for some of you who really hate their superiors and / or jobs.

My boss is pretty cool, but he gets on me for like the Giants/Niners/warriors as he's a dodger/rams/laker fan.

I'm UAW, we disrespect our supervisors. If there's no witness it never happened.

plant manager calls in every morning..no one ever wants to answer.. one morning he calls my line direct and starts givin me the business bout not answering the phone..tellin me that me and my co worker stand around all night with our thumbs in our arses ( were always the number 1 crew ) and we're to lazy to pick up the phone and all this..little did he know that our phone was messed up and outside calls didn't ring in on ours anymore.. I was so mad it was all I could do to keep my job..he did try to appoligize and I told him I didn't accept  
roll.gif
. my supervisors are alright most of there stuff is bout stupid !!# that I don't pay attention to anyways

i temped at a law firm a couple years back and my supervisor was a real piece of #+%%. long story short , he was gonna hire either me or the other dude who was there . he assured me i had it in the bag because the other dude was gay and he really didn't want "that " , as he said, in the office .

two days later he fires me clear out of the blue and hires the other guy . i was pissed , had a kid on the way and really needed the job. i landed another temp position pretty quick at another firm. i'm in the other firm talking to an attorney and notice a pic in his office. the pic is of him and another man embracing looking like they were just married . i looked closer and yup it was my old boss . i laughed and then made copies of the pic along with others and emailed them to one of my old co workers. nobody knew or had an idea that this guy was gay, typical tough guy hiding in plain site.

well, everyone eventually found out and he wound up resigning , foul i know but dam it felt good to get his #*$ back .......

at my old job we were doing an audit and managers from other stores came to help with the audit.   i was an assistant manager at the time.  i got along  with my manager and all the other store managers except for this one annoying chola looking broad.  she was talking rude and down to me and all my coworkers. she was doing it in front of both other employees and customers that were in the store,  i told her nicely at first that i didn't appreciate how she was trying to belittle us when my manager would never talk to us like that.  she said some slick stuff talkin about "im your superior, i'm upper management"   i told her i didn't care who she was but if she kept talking rude to me like that i was going to turn around and slap her in the mouth and that if she thought i was playing to try me. i let her know she needed that job while i could fired and chill off unemployment as well.

she got quiet and just went out of her way to avoid me the rest of the days we did the audit.  i never got in trouble for it, so im assuming she just took the L

My boss is cool. He's the type that you have to go through him to get to us. Cat prob should have got fired a couple weeks back but boss went to bat for him. They have fired one person but thats after he caught a case.

I worked at a grocery store like 2 years ago as a temp job untill school started.

This fat black lady who was in her mid 20's used to stay talking grimmey like she was a boss don.

I told her , how am i suppose to do a job you never trained me for , i dont need this job but i show up and work . I think you need to curve and keep my name out your mouth.

They got shook , and said they could not work with me cause i pumped fear in her heart.

I called her an animal with no respect , and diddy bopped out the office.

my last boss asked how old was I when rump shaker came out lol not disrespect but it was funny cuz i was like 6 and this mog was like "thats my jam!"

My last supervisor began our working relationship with the following:

"When I found out you were an african-american man, I thought to myself, how am I going to relate to this guy. Let me know if I can do anything to accommodate you culturally. I don't want to do any stupid white people stuff."

Needless to say, she is no longer my supervisor.

I disagreed with the CFO (my superior..small company) about a company wide policy that discriminated against some employees--unfortunately dudes were very unaware of the scheming.

CFO and HR Director were talking in a room where I brought it to their attention to try and change this. CFO went from 0 to 100 mph in about 4 seconds and told to find the door. I thought he was trolling so I asked him to repeat. He repeated and said, you know where the effing door is.

Wrote my resignation letter for that bufu company and said WAR. Told employees about the scheming.  
CFO also said that he believed companies should work like a pyramid, the higher you go the less work you should put in.  SMH

"I don't have any hours this week"
"I know"
"So am I going to have some next week?"
"Probably not"

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

"I know"
"Probably not"

30t6p3b.gif

I would of went on unemployment just to piss him/her off.

I am a assistant manager at a shoe store... i guess they give hours on how much work you do... My boss i a shoe head, I just do my job.. if he wants me to have everyone do this.. i tell everyone to do this... etc.. Easy money... get my J's on discount.. butter baby

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by JJ1223

"I know"
"Probably not"

30t6p3b.gif

I would of went on unemployment just to piss him/her off.

I should have. I could have done a lot more but I was just a stupid 17 year old kid and didn't really know anything about employment law. Luckily I had another job within a couple weeks.

working at CVS a few years back, the store manager at the time noticed i was getting friendly with the new girl and outright told me while we were working together in the aisles one day "you're a college drop out. she would never go for you."

I was working @ said location and the manager was this hill-billy type mid 40s woman that was just a JERK to everyone. Her and one of the other workers were banging, so she tried to flex whenever he was around.

We were just "standing around" (there was really nothing to do, I know you think, "There is always something" but no, there was nothing) and she said something along the lines of, "Why are you still sitting there. You haven't done anything in 20 mins." Which was a big lie.

So I went into her office and told her that her tone is very disrespectful, not just to me but to the rest of the crew. The first thing that she said was, 'I don't need you watching me." I said I can't help it if you are so negative all of the time, how can I ignore it."

But she changed her attitude and everyone was happy that I stood up to her.

Originally Posted by polorico

I worked at a grocery store like 2 years ago as a temp job untill school started.

This fat black lady who was in her mid 20's used to stay talking grimmey like she was a boss don.

I told her , how am i suppose to do a job you never trained me for , i dont need this job but i show up and work . I think you need to curve and keep my name out your mouth.

They got shook , and said they could not work with me cause i pumped fear in her heart.

I called her an animal with no respect , and diddy bopped out the office.
For some reason I don't believe one word of that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom