Shaun King is White.

Determining race based on appearance or actions and not actual proof of lineage is beyond ignorant. Black people are significant in the way that we come in a broad spectrum of skin tones. That said I don’t know who this guy is or anything about him but he seems to be well known so finding out the truth shouldn’t be hard.

My daughter just asked me about this - I had to explain that being identify their race in America based on their racial experience and upbringing.

This may be the case for Shaun.
What was her response?
marikomorose marikomorose do you consider 1. Mariah Carey and Rashida Jones black? What about 2. Drake’s kid?
1. Off-Black.

2. Off-White. Cute kid, looks like his bubbe.

He had a damn mullet.
EY82LAXXkAASpKr.jpeg

That is a cute little white kid, and that white person acting black.
1615951073636.png

Boy turned into TI :wow:

191125-ti-cs-1144a_3606f325133a5109c27e221186a2726b.jpg

Idk the finer details but the guy has repeatedly been embroiled in allegations of fraud involving some of the donations he solicits.

Appreciate the insight, as I was unaware of this. I follow the guy, & yeah, he stirs the pot, but maybe those people that originated those allegations are after what he's doing to help call out the wrong in the wrong & injustice in the world? Going after those positive things he does for people of color, & their families?

Please don't take this as a "calling you out" type of thing, as it's certainly not that, :smokin

Talcum X is white???

I respect the work he’s done to bring awareness to the things going on in the US for people of color. But He plays fast and loose with the truth on social media and his platforms. Especially when he’s on his anti Biden soap box. You don’t have to be misleading if you’re on the right side of history
/QUOTE]

Maybe in a few instances he might be off base a little bit, but from what I see from following him, he goes after those in politics that are the old world way of doing things. He goes after police that kill, that abuse their power/authority. We aren't always 100% right in all that we do, but if our heart is in the right place, and you come from a place of wanting to truly help those that are wronged, shouldn't that get a pass as long as he himself isn't inciting evil, or preying on people?

I quoted you, but I'm not coming at you with all of this, just kinda speaking my mind to the crowd in this thread.

I think he calls out the horrible stuff that is done to POC, to bring awareness, and hold those accountable for their BS they do. Seems like we agree on the main point.

I don't see the real point in marikomorose marikomorose is really trying to make here?

Appreciate the insight, as I was unaware of this. I follow the guy, & yeah, he stirs the pot, but maybe those people that originated those allegations are after what he's doing to help call out the wrong in the wrong & injustice in the world? Going after those positive things he does for people of color, & their families?

Please don't take this as a "calling you out" type of thing, as it's certainly not that, :smokin

Maybe in a few instances he might be off base a little bit, but from what I see from following him, he goes after those in politics that are the old world way of doing things. He goes after police that kill, that abuse their power/authority. We aren't always 100% right in all that we do, but if our heart is in the right place, and you come from a place of wanting to truly help those that are wronged, shouldn't that get a pass as long as he himself isn't inciting evil, or preying on people?

I quoted you, but I'm not coming at you with all of this, just kinda speaking my mind to the crowd in this thread.

I think he calls out the horrible stuff that is done to POC, to bring awareness, and hold those accountable for their BS they do. Seems like we agree on the main point.

I don't see the real point in marikomorose marikomorose is really trying to make here?

I’m fine with him calling out bad politics. I’m good with him bringing awareness to what’s happening In our communities. I’m not good with him resorting to Fox News and trump tactics. When you’re on the right side of history the truth doesn’t have to be distorted and repackaged. The most visible people in the movement need to be beyond reproach to the best of their abilities. Sean King habitually leans into sh*t like that because he has an axe to grind. Chase political clout on another platform.

This thread is wild garbage.

By saying he's not black, you're saying he's not black, enough, for you to respect him as black. Who tf are you. Mad disrespectful to mixed people and lighter skinned black people. If his pops is black, even a little, and he choices to identify as black and using his lighter skin to increase his platform to bring attention to issues in the black community, how are you mad? Who would you rather do it? And why aren't they doing it? Why aren't you?

This thread is wild garbage.

By saying he's not black, you're saying he's not black, enough, for you to respect him as black. Who tf are you. Mad disrespectful to mixed people and lighter skinned black people. If his pops is black, even a little, and he choices to identify as black and using his lighter skin to increase his platform to bring attention to issues in the black community, how are you mad? Who would you rather do it? And why aren't they doing it? Why aren't you?
Okay then. I'm a white man.

Back
Top Bottom