Shawarma sandwich APPRECIATION!

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Love me some Shawarma. I usually prefer eating the shawarma platters with the rice, salad, garlic potatoes,etc.
co-sign.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Open Sesame in Long Beach has the best arabic food i've ever had

/thread
Please try Kabul Kabob in Queens for Afghani food before you make a statement of that sort.

And Beyti Kabob in North Bergen for amazing Turkish food. Absolutely, amazing, Turkish food.
Since when were Afghans and Turks, Arabs?
laugh.gif

for real!

memo to NT: afghans, turks, persians, israelis, pakis, and indians ARE NOT arabs

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Is there anywhere in Corvallis, Or to get these. I hate this town so much.
roll.gif
grin.gif

You know good and damn well there ain't +@*% in this small %@! town....
smh.gif

I'm just glad there's a McDonald's & Shari's.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

DoubleJs, you must have eaten at Flame Grill down by Main St. on Union Tpke during your SJU days. Their falafel with the open salad bar was delicious.

pimp.gif
Yes'sir!!!

Grill Point on Main Street in Flushing is good as well...

Once when I was really hungry I ate one with kebab meat. The bread was so soft and it tasted so good. From that day, Arabic food was my favorite food..

Originally Posted by ShAdYdaTGuy

when i go to Egypt. the shawarma over there is extremely delicious.
Middle Eastern shawarma is 100x better than the crap they make over in North America. I've tried shawarma in NYC and almost every joint in Toronto but it simply does not compare. Most of the time the chicken is old/burnt/unflavored and the customer gets a raw deal.

For the Toronto heads, best shawarmas are at "Ibrahim's Meat Shop" on Lawrence just west of Warden.

you dont lie carlos
pimp.gif
its been a long time but that taste isunforgettable. only been once but it was delish

when i was very young we went on a trip and part of the trip included egypt and syria, some of the best shawarma hands down.

found a lil spot in old town va. think i will try one this weekend.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Love me some Shawarma. I usually prefer eating the shawarma platters with the rice, salad, garlic potatoes,etc.

I think over here we have the most Shawarma eatery stores per capita. It is hilarious because all the Shawarma stores compete with each other for customers. I think one of them even has a car that goes around with a mascot. They take it seriously. Some of the names I can think at the top of my head...Shawarma Palace, Shawarma King, Shawarma Queen, Shawarma Laguna, Shawarma City, Shawarma Palace..it goes on.

However, reeking of garlic after eating a Shawarma sandwich...Very unappreciated.

I see you stay in Ottawa too.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

roll.gif
grin.gif

smh.gif

ohwell.gif
Ain't that the truth
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

DoubleJs, you must have eaten at Flame Grill down by Main St. on Union Tpke during your SJU days. Their falafel with the open salad bar was delicious.
pimp.gif
Yes'sir!!!

Grill Point on Main Street in Flushing is good as well...
Grill Point was good? I went to John Bowne HS and went by there pretty often and I just didn't trust anything in that Hasidic neighborhood
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

roll.gif
grin.gif

smh.gif

ohwell.gif
Ain't that the truth
smh.gif

i know a girl from college from corvallis.. small world.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Open Sesame in Long Beach has the best arabic food i've ever had

/thread
Please try Kabul Kabob in Queens for Afghani food before you make a statement of that sort.

And Beyti Kabob in North Bergen for amazing Turkish food. Absolutely, amazing, Turkish food.
Since when were Afghans and Turks, Arabs?
laugh.gif

for real!

memo to NT: afghans, turks, persians, israelis, pakis, and indians ARE NOT arabs
I know that, I'm Pakistani. But Turkish and Afghani food are very similar in style to "Arabic" food, with slight differences liketypes of rice, and bbq styles.

Just like how there are small differences between food from Saudi Arabia, and Oman. From Oman, and Kuwait. It's the same deal.

You would know that, if you tried it. Dudes think they know everything
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom