Shawn Marion Suns career appreciation / pics.

This is a sad day for Suns fans. I would like to remember a great Sun who shouldn't have gone out this way.

He was drafted out of UNLV with the #9 pick in 1999...most people said "Shawn Who?"
view.php

He was nicknamed "The Matrix" by Kenny Smith due to his explosive dunks, exciting finishes, and tenacity to get rebounds.
view.php

His skills got him a max contract extension when the Suns had a GM that knew what the hell he was doing
view.php

His play got him many accolades including a spot on Team USA
view.php

The "Big Three" never got a real shot to lead the Suns to a title due to injuries, suspensions, and David $tern
view.php

The defensive ability of The Matrix had him guarding everyone from small PG's to Tim Duncan
view.php

After spending the first few years of his career wearing And1 trash, he signed with Nike and became one of their leaders of the Shox line
view.php

Many people unfairly singled him out for the Suns playoff failures
view.php

During his 8+ seasons with the Suns he became the second all time leading rebounder in franchise history, second in three pointers made, fourth in minutesplayed, second in steals, third in blocks, and fifth in points scored. He deserved to retire a Sun and deserved to be in the ring of honor.

Goodbye Shawn Marion. I wish it had not worked out this way. You always will be a true Phoenix Sun.

Words cannot explain my dissapointment.

If the Lakers can get Pau for Kwame, why do we have to give up Marion for Shaq?

((sigh))

I've always liked Marion.... it will be interesting to see how he and Wade play together.

Also, Marion's Shox Bomber's....
eek.gif

Appreciated. I always liked his game, and seeing him in a different uniform is going to take some getting used to.

I hate to see it end this way. He is definitely still my favorite player and I will support him where ever he goes. I hope this shaq deal works out for thebest. Hopefully kerr knows what he's doing.

Originally Posted by starbury03

Appreciated. I always liked his game, and seeing him in a different uniform is going to take some getting used to.

nah man, can't get used to fugly.

I'll always remember him for that super sharpie lineup on TNT that one game. I think Billy Hoyle posted a pic of it when it happened.

Appreciated.

But dude shouldn't have been crying about not being respected. You're getting paid millions; there's the respect you're owed.

Like Nash and Amare are ever going to be shopped by the Suns; you don't shop All Star PGs and Cs. Forwards are always shopped; he let the trade rumors getto him instead of realizing that the Suns respect him with a healthy paycheck and a max extension. The trade rumors weren't disrespect at all.

But he's still appreciated. I think he's a true gym rat... but his numbers will go down without Nash.

And... he'll retire a Sun.

Wow just wow!! What were the Suns thinking giving up a proven player for a washed up center...

Originally Posted by Stoker55

Words cannot explain my dissapointment.

If the Lakers can get Pau for Kwame, why do we have to give up Marion for Shaq?

((sigh))
I never even thougt of it like that. but true.

I mean as of now Kwame is younger and healthier, and much beeter than an old, slow shaq especially on a running team, and they gave up **##. So the suns haveto give up one of their best players for a mad old guy who has maybe 2 years left as a pro? i ponder this move from the suns point.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom