Shipping and Box Destruction

Can someone enlighten me as to what the big deal is about boxes? With recent releases I've seen many complaints about eastbay and their shipping methods but for as long as I can remember circa 2003 or 4 when I began ordering online my sneakers always came in shrinked white bag. Furthermore, if you wanted a box go to your local home depot, I'm just trying to gain some insight into the minds of my peers. I don't remember anyone complaining this much about a damned box back in the early day's of NT. As long as the shoes aren't damaged what's the complaint?

Can someone enlighten me as to what the big deal is about boxes? With recent releases I've seen many complaints about eastbay and their shipping methods but for as long as I can remember circa 2003 or 4 when I began ordering online my sneakers always came in shrinked white bag. Furthermore, if you wanted a box go to your local home depot, I'm just trying to gain some insight into the minds of my peers. I don't remember anyone complaining this much about a damned box back in the early day's of NT. As long as the shoes aren't damaged what's the complaint?

Some people actually collect shoes, and I wear most of mine. However, there have been some times when I need to sell them .... if it comes to that--which sometimes it does (boredom, need money, not in use)--the shoes are just that much more less valuable if the box has flaws.

It also helps with stacking when the boxes are completely intact.

I'm going to make an analogy that, hopefully, will help. Back in the day, when Michael Jordan, championship winning teams (Twins, Red Sox, Cowboys), Tiger Woods, Walter Payton, Peyton Manning, Michael Phelps, etc .... they all had their photos on Wheaties' boxes. As a collector, my cereal flakes may be just fine inside the box, but you don't want the box all beat up, crinkly, ripped, torn, marked, etc .... you want the box in impeccable condition. It's all about presentation, and I pay for the box and the shoes. The same goes for the tissue paper that we don't want ripped inside; it's all a package deal.

Point-blank, I just don't like my boxes mashed or defected in any way. And, I'm sure many people on NT don't like their shoe boxes beat up, either.

Some people actually collect shoes, and I wear most of mine. However, there have been some times when I need to sell them .... if it comes to that--which sometimes it does (boredom, need money, not in use)--the shoes are just that much more less valuable if the box has flaws.

I'm going to make an analogy that, hopefully, will help. Back in the day, when Michael Jordan, championship winning teams (Twins, Red Sox, Cowboys), Tiger Woods, Walter Payton, Peyton Manning, Michael Phelps, etc .... they all had their photos on Wheaties' boxes. As a collector, my cereal flakes may be just fine inside the box, but you don't want the box all beat up, crinkly, ripped, torn, marked, etc .... you want the box in impeccable condition. It's all about presentation, and I pay for the box and the shoes. The same goes for the tissue paper that we don't want ripped inside; it's all a package deal.

Point-blank, I just don't like my boxes mashed or defected in any way. And, I'm sure many people on NT don't like their shoe boxes beat up, either.

nobody likes a beat up box... if its free shipping I dont mind a few dings.. but if i pay an extra 10 to 15 for shipping i dont expect em to kick my shoes all the way to my doorstep..

nobody likes a beat up box... if its free shipping I dont mind a few dings.. but if i pay an extra 10 to 15 for shipping i dont expect em to kick my shoes all the way to my doorstep..

It's just one of Eastbay way to save their business overhead costs and beside it's all depend on the carrier/mail man etc. If you have a lazy and careless delivery man chances are your shoes box will get beat up by the time it arrive at your door. People nit picking too much nowadays. Just be happy you get your shoes after all that terrible exclusive online release by Eastbay

It's just one of Eastbay way to save their business overhead costs and beside it's all depend on the carrier/mail man etc. If you have a lazy and careless delivery man chances are your shoes box will get beat up by the time it arrive at your door. People nit picking too much nowadays. Just be happy you get your shoes after all that terrible exclusive online release by Eastbay

Because kids these days are crazy about buying shoes (and boxes) as collectible items and not for actual wear.

Because kids these days are crazy about buying shoes (and boxes) as collectible items and not for actual wear.

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Uhu, That's Right!
I flattened my boxes though and put them in the attic...

Personally I wanna see my sneakers, I've had experiences with just letting my sneakers seat inside boxes.. 
tongue.gif

Uhu, That's Right!
I flattened my boxes though and put them in the attic...

Personally I wanna see my sneakers, I've had experiences with just letting my sneakers seat inside boxes.. 
tongue.gif

you can pay 3.99 for gift box from eastbay, most places don't pay tax when ordering from easbay, so the 3.99 is still less than paying tax.

you can pay 3.99 for gift box from eastbay, most places don't pay tax when ordering from easbay, so the 3.99 is still less than paying tax.

I'm going to make an analogy that, hopefully, will help. Back in the day, when Michael Jordan, championship winning teams (Twins, -Red Sox,YANKEES, Cowboys), Tiger Woods, Walter Payton, Peyton Manning, Michael Phelps, etc .... they all had their photos on Wheaties' boxes. As a collector, my cereal flakes may be just fine inside the box, but you don't want the box all beat up, crinkly, ripped, torn, marked, etc .... you want the box in impeccable condition. It's all about presentation, and I pay for the box and the shoes. The same goes for the tissue paper that we don't want ripped inside; it's all a package deal.

Fixed

I'm going to make an analogy that, hopefully, will help. Back in the day, when Michael Jordan, championship winning teams (Twins, -Red Sox,YANKEES, Cowboys), Tiger Woods, Walter Payton, Peyton Manning, Michael Phelps, etc .... they all had their photos on Wheaties' boxes. As a collector, my cereal flakes may be just fine inside the box, but you don't want the box all beat up, crinkly, ripped, torn, marked, etc .... you want the box in impeccable condition. It's all about presentation, and I pay for the box and the shoes. The same goes for the tissue paper that we don't want ripped inside; it's all a package deal.

Fixed

Originally Posted by s dubl

Exactly

Originally Posted by s dubl

Exactly

Back
Top Bottom