Shipping Your Car Across The Country...

To those who have done it, can you bros recommend the company you used? Were you able to pack your car with stuff?  I know some companies do not allow this.  Also, how much did it run you and what would you do different if you had to do it all over again (decline top deck service)?

Thanks, NT.

To those who have done it, can you bros recommend the company you used? Were you able to pack your car with stuff?  I know some companies do not allow this.  Also, how much did it run you and what would you do different if you had to do it all over again (decline top deck service)?

Thanks, NT.

only have personal experience of shipping a car overseas (to Asia). They let us pack it with a few items, but the contract was strict in forbiding 'stuffing' the car with junk. Plus it was crazy expensive. I'd imagine going cross country wouldn't be cheap either.

I say just tow the car behind your U-Haul or something.

only have personal experience of shipping a car overseas (to Asia). They let us pack it with a few items, but the contract was strict in forbiding 'stuffing' the car with junk. Plus it was crazy expensive. I'd imagine going cross country wouldn't be cheap either.

I say just tow the car behind your U-Haul or something.

Thanks for the response. I guess I should clarify - It'll be from San Francisco to Austin, Texas or (San Antonio if that's cheaper).

Thanks for the response. I guess I should clarify - It'll be from San Francisco to Austin, Texas or (San Antonio if that's cheaper).

I shipped mine from Atlanta to LA using Dependable Auto Shippers. They were very professional. I liked that I could track where my car was at anytime from the website. I would definitely use them again.

I shipped mine from Atlanta to LA using Dependable Auto Shippers. They were very professional. I liked that I could track where my car was at anytime from the website. I would definitely use them again.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Did they let you pack your car with stuff?  How long did it take to get your car from Atlanta to Los Angeles?

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Did they let you pack your car with stuff?  How long did it take to get your car from Atlanta to Los Angeles?

If your cars anything special, Id suggest shipping it enclosed. It really shouldnt be that expensive.

If your cars anything special, Id suggest shipping it enclosed. It really shouldnt be that expensive.

I'm not sure because I was using one of those cubes for the stuff in the house. It took about 4-5 days to deliver.

I'm not sure because I was using one of those cubes for the stuff in the house. It took about 4-5 days to deliver.

From the Midwest to SoCal, it took about a week. These scums took my brothers car for a ride. Had gatorade bottles and snack food all over the inside of the car. They also got into an accident and the bumper had a dent and scratches. It was older car, but make sure you write down the mileage too. And take photos of your car so you know there isn't any damages.

From the Midwest to SoCal, it took about a week. These scums took my brothers car for a ride. Had gatorade bottles and snack food all over the inside of the car. They also got into an accident and the bumper had a dent and scratches. It was older car, but make sure you write down the mileage too. And take photos of your car so you know there isn't any damages.

I shipped a car from Las Vegas to Nashville a few years ago.  I would definitely do it again.  I don't remember the company I used, but I just used the internet and called around for the best price, shipping time, etc...  It cost me around $1,000 if I remember correctly and I did not pack the car with anything.  The only thing I would do differently is maybe do a covered transport...my car was pretty dusty when it arrived, but that is to be expected traveling out west.  It took an extra day or two due to trouble with the truck, but the driver kept me updated and informed and I had other means of transportation.  If you can afford it go for it, especially with the price of gas now  and the wear and tear on your car.  On the flip side, if you are going to do it, now is a pretty good time of the year...mild weather.

I shipped a car from Las Vegas to Nashville a few years ago.  I would definitely do it again.  I don't remember the company I used, but I just used the internet and called around for the best price, shipping time, etc...  It cost me around $1,000 if I remember correctly and I did not pack the car with anything.  The only thing I would do differently is maybe do a covered transport...my car was pretty dusty when it arrived, but that is to be expected traveling out west.  It took an extra day or two due to trouble with the truck, but the driver kept me updated and informed and I had other means of transportation.  If you can afford it go for it, especially with the price of gas now  and the wear and tear on your car.  On the flip side, if you are going to do it, now is a pretty good time of the year...mild weather.

Back
Top Bottom