shopping in Taiwan

hey, Taiwanese NT'ers please chime in..
Im looking for places to shop.. either in Taichung, or Taipei

I've been to the high school district in Taichung, there are plenty of stores within 1km of each other
are there other boutiques that sell authentic japanese, and US clothing brands?

phantaci. a store owned by jay chou.

it's a tier 0 store, at least that's what i've heard. never been there myself.

Originally Posted by s dubl

might get a better result if you post in General.
tried that. not sure if it got locked..never got a responsse

where's jay chou's sstore located?

and i've heard people talk about fakes there..but they're extremely rare to come by.. obviously if someone is selling shoes out of his suitcase iwouldnt buy

but for the most part all retailers have legit product

I was in Taipei in November. Best place to find boutiques and lots of mainstream shoe stores is in Ximending. I don't know if you're familiar withTaipei, but there's a MRT stop for that place. There are two buildings where I found a lot of stuff...Wan Nian (Ten Thousand Years), and another one nextdoor...with about five floors. You really have to look and see what you can find. There's a store in the building beside Wan Nian called...Beetle...onthe 3rd floor I think. They had a lot of boutique stuff...and lots of retro DS jordans from a few years back.

If you just want normal stuff...you can go to Neo19...it's across from New York, New York shopping center. They had the Kobe IV Beijing to China thereFSR.

Good luck! And make sure you get your share of cheap but good food in Taiwan.

thanks for the linnk

chosun:nice, i'll definitely try to check those spots when im out there..

im going to gain a few pounds while im out there for sure.. i love the food there.
nothing like that here in canada i've tried

i dont know about eating steak in taiwan..
do they have a website?

anyway im looking to buy some good quality clothes.. maybe even denim

Here's the website dude http://www.wangsteak.com.cn/index2.asp
It's really more like a giant rib... but damn good!

Clothing...if you buy anything American, prepare to get ripped off. Things like Levis, Timberland...etc...are marked up like crazy.

But there are always knockoffs! haha

aww man if you get hooked with the right people you can probably go the the facotry, no middle man and get a whole stock of whatever for like $2 a pair..

Back
Top Bottom