Should Bernie Madoff be released from prison

Poor, poor, poor Mr. Madoff.
We should let him go.
1582085248938.jpeg

Me: uh.....
1582085323866.gif

The inverse is the current law of the land though.

No need to imagine it when we're living it.
It's not the "current law of the land" when it comes to compassionate releases.
Compassionate releases are under utilized across the board regardless of race, including when the life expectancy is less than 12 months.

Clamoring for terminally ill white inmates to remain and die in jail does NOTHING for black or brown people. Why would I advocate for it?

Compassionate releases are under utilized across the board regardless of race, including when the life expectancy is less than 12 months.

Clamoring for terminally ill white inmates to remain and die in jail does NOTHING for black or brown people. Why would I advocate for it?
What if you’re “black,” but you’re really brown? How is this determined?

Look at the times when they are used and who they are used on.

Clamoring for terminally ill white inmates to remain and die in jail does NOTHING for black or brown people.
Nobody is doing that though.

That spin of narrative is something you just made up.

So there is nothing to advocate for.

Look at the times when they are used and who they are used on.
What are you going by? A hunch?
Cause there is literally Zero evidence of that.
The criminal justice system is so severely flawed against POC, that there are dozens if not hundreds of data driven arguments that can be made highlighting injustices.

But when it comes specifically to compassionate releases race is not a factor. The contributing factors are medical prognosis, then severity of crimes in that order.

Nobody is doing that though.

That spin of narrative is something you just made up.

So there is nothing to advocate for.

Not sure what I made up. You literally said
"minority health > white ppl health
compassionate release, black ppl first, white ppl last. Other minorities inbetween also before white ppl."

What are you going by?
The corrupt and historic systematic racism of the criminal justice system.

However, I should've said look at all the times compassionate release was denied and who was denied.

Not sure what I made up. You literally said
"minority health > white ppl health
compassionate release, black ppl first, white ppl last. Other minorities inbetween also before white ppl."
Yeah thats not "Clamoring for terminally ill white inmates to remain and die in jail". That's just advocating for minorities to get properly treated in these situations first

If you can't tell the difference that's ok. I'm not bothered with your assumptions and veiled accusations.

The corrupt and historic systematic racism of the criminal justice system.

However, I should've said look at all the times compassionate release was denied and who was denied.

That's the problem, EVERYONE is being denied, regardless of race.

EVERY
SINGLE
STUDY
regarding compassionate releases states that.
Please find and post ANY study that says anything different.

We agree on the systemic racism/problems in the criminal justice system. Our difference in opinion lies in you eroneously believing that the corrupt system has infiltrated the CR process. The CR process is spearheaded by medical, not law enforcement.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? You think doctors are in cahoots with it too?

Somewhat unrelated, but just curious...do you believe the myth that hospital staff won't work as hard to save your life if you are an organ donor?

Back
Top Bottom