should driver licenses be taken away at a certain age?

Should driver license be taken away at a certain age?

• Total voters

I’m sure this is a problem in many countries where elderly people who are not fit to drive are still on the road.

I don’t believe their licenses should be taken away, but at a certain age (maybe 65) I believe they should be required to take an actual driving test to prove they can still drive properly and that they don’t have any disabilities that could harm them and other drivers.

Thoughts?

Not necessarily a certain age but at a certain level of capability. Some people can hold it together until they're well into their late 80's. I do think, however, after a certain age people should have to retest more frequently.

I’m sure this is a problem in many countries where elderly people who are not fit to drive are still on the road.

I don’t believe their licenses should be taken away, but at a certain age (maybe 65) I believe they should be required to take an actual driving test to prove they can still drive properly and that they don’t have any disabilities that could harm them and other drivers.

Thoughts?

You just gave the actual solution which is enforcing a cognitive test at a certain age in order to retain your license.

That video was wild what was dude thinking trying to jump behind the car

Here’s a statistic from cdc.gov:

“The risk of motor vehicle crashes is higher among teens ages 16–19 than among any other age group. Teen drivers in this age group have a fatal crash rate almost three times as high as drivers ages 20 and older per mile driven.”

I think you should have to take another road test when you turn 100

i feel there should be some sort of competency test if you were to make one of these dumb accidents

The old folks still make the rules/laws so they not gon take driving privileges away from themselves :lol:

Hmmmm…. Take away alcohol and phones too…

Terrible drivers come in ALL AGES.

You know how many people proudly drink and drive, and text and drive?
This isn’t an age issue. Some people just are reckless

Hmmmm…. Take away alcohol and phones too…

Terrible drivers come in ALL AGES.

You know how many people proudly drink and drive, and text and drive?
This isn’t an age issue. Some people just are reckless
In a lot of cases, but you can't really control that. What can actually be controlled is an elderly person on the brink of dementia getting behind the wheel.

Yes take it from them.

Also remove old people from political offices.

Lol I dont want really old people on the road but someones gonna have to drive them. The selfish part of me is like I dont know if I wanna be driving paw paw around for errands and nursing home dates. :rofl:

#Ubersenior

Yea some old folks drive like they drunk/distracted without even taking a sip just due to age, that’s the issue

They can’t handle driving faster than 20 mph on a clear sunny Afternoon, might not need to be on the road

Lol I dont want really old people on the road but someones gonna have to drive them. The selfish part of me is like I dont know if I wanna be driving paw paw around for errands and nursing home dates. :rofl:

#Ubersenior
In a perfect world, Uber would give discounts to seniors, or even better, it would be covered by Medicare. I mean, where are senior citizens even really going?

In a perfect world, Uber would give discounts to seniors, or even better, it would be covered by Medicare. I mean, where are senior citizens even really going?

I think medicare covers transportation for doc visits and stuff. There are patient transport vans I see all the time at the hospital, mostly affiliated with nursing homes but I think they also do home visits.

It should be expanded to groceries and other basic needs.

Back
Top Bottom