Should high-school dropouts be banned from getting their driver's license?

Didn't read the thread, but can we please do the opposite (sort of): once you hit 70, you take a driving test every three years. If you can't cut it, you're license is revoked.

Didn't read the thread, but can we please do the opposite (sort of): once you hit 70, you take a driving test every three years. If you can't cut it, you're license is revoked.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

This idea is absurd.
Solution: Don't be an inconsiderate jerk while you're driving
Problem: Solved.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

This idea is absurd.
Solution: Don't be an inconsiderate jerk while you're driving
Problem: Solved.

This is out of hand, but there DOES need to be some kind of reform in the license system across America. Things should be more standardized across states, and the tests should be 20 times more stringent than they are now. Along the lines of the UK/Germany/Finland etc. We let complete idiots drive because people have come to consider it a right rather than a privilege/responsibility. I don't think there is ever a day anymore that I don't see someone driving who just shouldn't be allowed on roads. It has gotten completely out of control

This is out of hand, but there DOES need to be some kind of reform in the license system across America. Things should be more standardized across states, and the tests should be 20 times more stringent than they are now. Along the lines of the UK/Germany/Finland etc. We let complete idiots drive because people have come to consider it a right rather than a privilege/responsibility. I don't think there is ever a day anymore that I don't see someone driving who just shouldn't be allowed on roads. It has gotten completely out of control

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
@ everyone getting all up-in-arms about this

heaven forbid we try to raise the education level in the country
eek.gif
eyes.gif
If someone wants to drop out they will still drop out denying them a license is not going to fix the problem.

Oh, that's right.  I forgot you knew the mindset and thought process of every single 16-, 17-, and 18-year old kid in the country.  My bad.

eyes.gif

There are plenty of kids that would stick out another year or two in school in order to get a driver's license.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
@ everyone getting all up-in-arms about this

heaven forbid we try to raise the education level in the country
eek.gif
eyes.gif
If someone wants to drop out they will still drop out denying them a license is not going to fix the problem.

Oh, that's right.  I forgot you knew the mindset and thought process of every single 16-, 17-, and 18-year old kid in the country.  My bad.

eyes.gif

There are plenty of kids that would stick out another year or two in school in order to get a driver's license.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

horrible idea.
A person drops out of school, ok let's limit their mobility and add another reason

to the list of why they can't get a job.
exactly.
Then you make it a felony for high school dropouts to drive. While increasing funding for prisons and decreasing funding for education.  Things that make you go hmmm.

horrible idea.
A person drops out of school, ok let's limit their mobility and add another reason

exactly.
Then you make it a felony for high school dropouts to drive. While increasing funding for prisons and decreasing funding for education.  Things that make you go hmmm.

Originally Posted by cguy610

horrible idea.

exactly.
How about we create laws that actually work to reform education...instead of making laws that would add to the number of people we have in prison.
Felony?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

horrible idea.

exactly.
How about we create laws that actually work to reform education...instead of making laws that would add to the number of people we have in prison.
Felony?
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom