Should I Dissect my OG XVI's?

I'm thinking about dissecting my og Ginger XVI's for the zoom in the forefoot, to put in my newly purchased Flight Clubs. The XVIs are too small for me(size11) and they're basically beaters. The Shroud is painted blue (previously my brother's). But it's my only pair of XVI's. Should I do it?

If I do decide to dissect, I have 2 questions:
-what type of cutting knife do I use?
-Do I just slip the forefoot zoom unit under the insole?

some pics:

The blue shroud is ugly,but they don't look that beat. maybe give them to someone who could use them.

i would try and sell them without the shroud, you can still get some money for them

personally id sell them. but if they have absolutely no use 2 u, go ahead and dissect

Originally Posted by JLking

You'll have to cut through the lining, which is fairly thick, and close to the suface of the air unit.... so take it slowly, so as to not pop the bubble.

Depending on how firmly the zoom air is attached to the midsole, you have trouble getting it out once the lining is removed.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by JLking

You'll have to cut through the lining, which is fairly thick, and close to the suface of the air unit.... so take it slowly, so as to not pop the bubble.

Depending on how firmly the zoom air is attached to the midsole, you have trouble getting it out once the lining is removed.
I meant after I remove the zoom air unit, do I put the zoom air unit right under the insole of the flight clubs?

also what should I use to cut through the lining?
ohwell.gif

Not worth dissecting for just a forefoot zoom unit. It will shift and move around all the time in another shoe.

Back
Top Bottom