Should I sell my 350Z and scoop a 300ZX???

Hahaha I argue this with a friend all the time.

I have a 93 300ZX TT and let me tell you the gas mileage is about the same between us both. I get a little worse, but that's because I need to change myO2's out and clean my intake filter.

Reliability wise, the worst thing that has happened to me was the clutch slave cylinder failed on my on the high way. This was an easy fix that I did on myown, and it was bound to fail after 15 years and 100k miles. As long as you change the oil religiously and do proper, on time maintenance then they are just asreliable, if not more reliable than most cars on the road today. I have heard stories of Z's going 200k+ miles before needing any sort of major enginework.

As far as doing anything involving the engine yourself, I say good luck. The engine is CRAMPED in there, and I know a lot of things like turbo replacement andinjector replacement require HOURS of work simply because it's so hard to maneuver your hands to get access to the parts.

All in all it's been a great car for me, but the MPG is hurting badly now and I try not to drive as much anymore. But hey when you buy a sports car, gasmileage should be the last thing on your mind!

yea the engines are terribly cramped and a pain to work on. it takes forever to get to anything. i'd say buy it for 2k. you wont find a decent tt under12k anyways so even if you get it running and it looks like crap just get the engine running solid and get to the body later.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

yea the engines are terribly cramped and a pain to work on. it takes forever to get to anything. i'd say buy it for 2k. you wont find a decent tt under 12k anyways so even if you get it running and it looks like crap just get the engine running solid and get to the body later.

thats my plan, i could always get a dealership to toss a new engine in there and pay the $8k it would most likely cost

youre gonna go from 350z to 300z to save gas money?

man thats not the way to go if you want to save gas

no no no

i'm not doing to save gas money, i pay on the Z while I would be payment free with a ZX

i'm saying b/c the way gas is right now, I can't really afford to throw the kinda money out there to bring home a good condition ZX as well as own my350Z

Back
Top Bottom