Should the Jordan XI's be on the shelf all the time?

Should the Jordan XI's be on the shelf all the time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Stop living

• Total voters
Before you give me stone faces please hear me out.

I love the XI's and wish I didn't have to stand in line for days or pay 4 or 5 bills to get a pair from a reseller. This is not a complaint, I would just love it if say the Concords were just on the shelf anytime and I could buy some to rock, or buy them to play in. If/when I wear them out, I just go buy another pair.

I'm thinking it would be much the same way the Chuck Taylor All-Stars are just out all the time with different colors and in highs and lows. I know the resell value would probably drop because of this, but a few of us like to wear Jordan's to play in and for show.

Though I know this will never happen, but would anyone else like something like this or do I deserve stone faces for thinking this?

I would be all for this. I have 3 pairs of DS XIs and wouldn't care one bit if the re-sell value was effected.

clear soled kicks can be re-purchased once every year and a half or so. I know I'd never get sick of the XIs and I think a majority of people share that sentiment.

Sadly it will never happen though.

I wouldn't, if only cuz JB, knowing them, would probably end up treating them like NSW is treating the foams and would start pumping XIs out month after month, probably with mostly terrible colorways. I like how they're a one time per year sort of thing, releasing just the OG, classic colorways, although obviously they could make them easier for some people to cop by having multiple restocks or something. But really though, I feel like if you're mostly on your game and have your eyes open, there are enough places where you can get XIs from that they're not impossible to cop at retail. At least the only tough thing with copping XIs is the high demand, unlike some other releases like the DBs, Yeezys or whatever where it's demand plus really limited numbers.

Funny how this topic popped up. Cuz about 3-months ago
a FTL Manager try telling me that JB/NIKE were gonna stop
releasing OG color ways and more newer colors. I called bluff
because He said that it was gonna start in 2013. I then told him
that it wasn't true because 2013 is awready set for releases and thers
OG Colors awready set for release date's. He said its not official.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Wut ever. Then he started sum bull
$#!* like ther gonna keep the retro XI stocked more often for people to
purchase more frequently. I DONT BELIEEEEEVE IT!

tumblr_m28pnsh4Lf1qirg83.gif

yes, i want the whole line perpetually available in dedicated jb stores, just like you find with converse.

Absolutely!  Why not?  Apple always has the iPad or newest iPhone available for purchase.  Sorry if some think it would demean their kicks if everyone had them.  If your self-esteem is measured in who has the same kicks as you, well....time to re-evaluate.

Absolutely!  Why not?  Apple always has the iPad or newest iPhone available for purchase.  Sorry if some think it would demean their kicks if everyone had them.  If your self-esteem is measured in who has the same kicks as you, well....time to re-evaluate.

From a business standpoint, it is interesting that a new shoe, recently released, sells out and they don't replenish the supply. So instead of selling more shoes, and making more money, the resellers are the ones making the money. A shoe purchased from a reseller probably would have been purchased at a store, thus making Nike more money, instead of the reseller.

I'm all for limited editions, I would just like to see a model of the Air Jordan XI's available to purchase at all times.

Funny how this topic popped up. Cuz about 3-months ago
a FTL Manager try telling me that JB/NIKE were gonna stop
releasing OG color ways and more newer colors. I called bluff
because He said that it was gonna start in 2013. I then told him
that it wasn't true because 2013 is awready set for releases and thers
OG Colors awready set for release date's. He said its not official.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Wut ever. Then he started sum bull
$#!* like ther gonna keep the retro XI stocked more often for people to
purchase more frequently. I DONT BELIEEEEEVE IT!
Actually I believe him totally, because it makes perfect sense. Release OG's and sprinkle the new colorways in then in 5-10 years you have your new OG's, colorways that is. And think about this, somebody's first Jordan shoe is going to be one of these new colorways and even more so people who miss that new colorway will be that much more thirsty for it. I have long understood that they were positioning themselves for the future. They tried all those lifestyle shoes but the OG models are tried and true and stable in the marketplace. Pure genius on the part of JB.

And as far as the XI's they are 4quarter shoes. In other words when JB brand needs to finish strong or resurge in the marketplace, you will see XI's.

Last edited:
Who is saying no to this? Why, because your shoes won't be exclusive? Is that the only reason you purchase your shoes...to show off to other guys?

This would be great news. My Columbias are from 00 and are way too small/turfed...I wouldn't mind being able to walk into a store and just buy those on any given day (or any XI colorway for that matter). I'd probably only wear/buy those, AM 90s, and a few IIIs lol. I couldn't care less if everyone and their grandma had them...I wouldn't need to deal with these kids/twitter/BS just to purchase some shoes I've liked since I was a kid.

Hell, they should have stores that strictly sell Jordans and that have a fairly constant stock of all models/popular colorways.

From a business standpoint, it is interesting that a new shoe, recently released, sells out and they don't replenish the supply. So instead of selling more shoes, and making more money, the resellers are the ones making the money. A shoe purchased from a reseller probably would have been purchased at a store, thus making Nike more money, instead of the reseller.
I'm all for limited editions, I would just like to see a model of the Air Jordan XI's available to purchase at all times.

While I agree it makes business sense, the other angle is that Nike just loves the attention they get every time they rev up the hype machine for a release like this...or anything else they call limited such as the Jade X's. I think the hype has a certain value to Nike/JB as well.

I'd be really curious how steady demand would be if the XIs were always available, especially at their ridiculous price point. Part of me thinks sales would always be pretty steady, and the other part of me thinks demand would die down fairly quickly since the extra hype from being limited would go away.

Last edited:
While I agree it makes business sense, the other angle is that Nike just loves the attention they get every time they rev up the hype machine for a release like this...or anything else they call limited such as the Jade X's. I think the hype has a certain value to Nike/JB as well.
I'd be really curious how steady demand would be if the XIs were always available, especially at their ridiculous price point. Part of me thinks sales would always be pretty steady, and the other part of me thinks demand would die down fairly quickly since the extra hype from being limited would go away.

Sales would be strong for a while and then continuously dip, rather precipitously.

Making Concords available all the time would be the epitome of the "penny-wise, pound-foolish" strategy. Shoes that create "hype" bolster the entire brand, from a business POV. When these sneaker line-ups make the news, that communicates to the average person (and shareholder) that Nike is still cool and highly sought-after.

Plus, people who miss out on the harder to get releases then go on to attempt to satiate their thirst by getting the next model, or another color, etc.

And, I have news for you - A TON on you guys who say you want these sneakers to be available all the time would quickly lose your desire for them if they actually were. That wouldn't happen to everybody, but it would happen to you way more than you think it would. It's not just the "exclusive" nature of a shoe that is hype or "limited," but the whole psychological reaction and emotional aspect of waiting for something, "competing" for it, and succeeding. Nike has actually been able to take athletic shoes and turn them into a something of a sport itself, where people get the some of the same range of emotions that the athletes themselves do. This builds a much stronger relationship between a consumer and a brand. ...I'm not saying it's completely for the better, but it's a lot more psychologically complex than most think it is.

And, FTR, personally - I don't care if they ever release the XI again, or if they release it every month. I happen to think the newer release XIs are pure crap and have no interest in owning them... maybe I'll settle and grab a pair or two when they re-release the Columbias, as those are the only CW of which I don't have more than enough OGs than I should ever need.

Last edited:
I say JB does a SDS/Air Randy and sell them before they get them, and ship them as produced. No tickets, raffles, drafts or camping just waiting on the mail.
roll.gif

Last edited:
Sales would be strong for a while and then continuously dip, rather precipitously.
Making Concords available all the time would be the epitome of the "penny-wise, pound-foolish" strategy. Shoes that create "hype" bolster the entire brand, from a business POV. When these sneaker line-ups make the news, that communicates to the average person (and shareholder) that Nike is still cool and highly sought-after.
Plus, people who miss out on the harder to get releases then go on to attempt to satiate their thirst by getting the next model, or another color, etc.
And, I have news for you - A TON on you guys who say you want these sneakers to be available all the time would quickly lose your desire for them if they actually were. That wouldn't happen to everybody, but it would happen to you way more than you think it would. It's not just the "exclusive" nature of a shoe that is hype or "limited," but the whole psychological reaction and emotional aspect of waiting for something, "competing" for it, and succeeding. Nike has actually been able to take athletic shoes and turn them into a something of a sport itself, where people get the some of the same range of emotions that the athletes themselves do. This builds a much stronger relationship between a consumer and a brand. ...I'm not saying it's completely for the better, but it's a lot more psychologically complex than most think it is.
And, FTR, personally - I don't care if they ever release the XI again, or if they release it every month. I happen to think the newer release XIs are pure crap and have no interest in owning them... maybe I'll settle and grab a pair or two when they re-release the Columbias, as those are the only CW of which I don't have more than enough OGs than I should ever need.
This is basically what it boils down to.

Business wise for Nike/Retailers, it would be a bad move. Market saturation and over production would negatively affect revenues at one point (remember the supply demand graph in microeconomics?)

Consumer wise, the shoes would initially be the prices we see today with a ton of supply. Over time as everyone gets their pairs, and assuming Nike will continue production, prices will drop if the product isn't moving

The end result would be the product, and essentially the history of the product, becoming so widespread that the "exclusivity" of the XI's would lose it's power

Me personally, I wouldn't care either way. Whether its a buttload of shoes or a limited amount, if I like the shoe, I'll attempt to get them. If I don't get them, oh well. I wouldn't care about shoes being exclusive either. Shoes are just that. SHOES. Doesn't matter if they come from Nike or Payless. They're probably manufactured the same way and with the same materials, just different styles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom