Sidekick Pre Orders ?

Anybody who pre-ordered their sidekick get it in the mail yet??? Its getting close to that time..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

people are still into sidekicks?? Thought since the G1 everybody moved on...

nope, they aren't. that's why they continue updating and making them. because nobody buys them.

i just got my text saying it shipped like 2 days ago but its the weekend so im hoping either monday or at the latest tuesday ...

i got my tracking number last night
happy.gif

and i ain't want the g1 cuz i wasn't tryin to pay 34 for data..im good with 19.99
smile.gif

Im kinda mad my little brother rushed and preorded it on my moms accountand forgot his brother gets free phones and doesnt keep them and gives them away to him lol .. but hell probably get his sometime this week... my store will begetting them no later then next monday in nyc and i should be getting them NO CONTRACT for $350 shipped also check my connect post out HERE i will be making people eligble for full discount for $30 all this week so if u trinna upgradeand KEEP t-mobile then i can make you eligble for a FULL DISCOUNT ... aim or pm me now!!

Originally Posted by I Heart Brooklyn

Lmaooo@lonnie..you stay on your grind..that's wassup though.

And lol@ppl over 18 buying sidekicks

indifferent.gif

Stop hatin you are not doing it....

Lmaooo@lonnie..you stay on your grind..that's wassup though.

And lol@ppl over 18 buying sidekicks

lol @ you thinking a cell phone determines what age you are.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

people are still into sidekicks?? Thought since the G1 everybody moved on...

nope, they aren't. that's why they continue updating and making them. because nobody buys them.
aye---calm down lil' n +**#!
grin.gif

eh, you're the one that asked the stupid question. so i gave you a sarcastic answer. and drop the N word
grin.gif

From hiptop3.com:
Aenar @ May 6th 2009 12:45PM

Enjoy the last sidekick. MSFT just fired the remaining SK staff with armed guards and only made this thing to avoid a lawsuit with TMobile.
Roz Ho congratukated the staff and then fired the employees for making it. MSFT just wanted the IP for WinMo anyway.
Now you get a seriously debilitated "PINK"device from MSFT as your next "upgrade." From what I have heard, it's a joke. No PIM apps and no 3rd party development system. A typical MSFT consumer product. Copy,rush to market and FAIL.
No street cred-get the iPhone
LStrike @ May 6th 2009 2:57PM

So that is the second time in these comments where someone claims this…Where is your source? Or are you the same dude that posted this earlier and just change your name?
aenar @ May 6th 2009 3:29PM

Listen there are 200 employees there-in that old Sidekick division. They are hacked off and they talk smack on every message board,social net and twitter. In public. Microsoft has no intention of making another Sidekick. They wanted the service proxy patents and they want to let the CE product lines plus this wacko fantasy called PINK access the proxy. That way they have an instant message leg up on the iPhone which cannot do service-backed/proxy push notifications.
WINMO was horrified by the Sidekick Acquisition and they barked at Balmer to handcuff the PMX division OR the acquisition was just to kill a competitor to PINK off and snag the IP.
Inside talk is PINK is a barely functioning piece of junk-which is unlike the Sidekick. The Sidekick has a following and just needed some capital and decent management to make it a competitor. They have delivered and sold millions of these things and get a recurring service charge for each. UNLIKE the Microsoft consumer product which is 5 years late and billions short. C'mon- it's a NETBSD Sidekick. There is no way, except for lawsuits threatened by TMobile, that Microsoft would want to sell a Sidekick. Tmobile needed another Sidekick on the way to transition to Google phone. There's nothing that says a google phone cannot be a sidekick. That name is owned by TMobile.

LStrike @ May 6th 2009 3:58PM

Everything you are saying is hard to argue with but why don't you provide a few sources with regards to the last of Danger employees being tossed?

Without sources it just sounds like conspiracy theory. If Microsoft has no intention on moving forward with Sidekick than why did they bother bundling in their own software on the phone (which I am sure they threw together resources to code) and promise Microsoft Exchange Support in the coming months?

If I am being sued into something I don't want as a company I certainly am not going to make the product stronger no? Just because TMobile strong arms them into creating as you are saying a final product doesn't force Microsoft to build more functionality.

No?

aenar @ May 6th 2009 7:12PM

There is no Exchange support coming for that particular device and if there was, that's the internal team getting secure IMAP mail from a secure server. The Sidekick engineers, or any other device engineers, are smart enough to access the LIVE search API without getting too many MSFT employees involved- if any-because the Microsoft engineers are as dumb as the day is long. It's just bits coming from a Microsoft server and the device application has to render them. Microsoft just opens the door-they didn't do jack after that.

nolatron @ May 6th 2009 4:16PM

The entire SK team hasn't been fired. I'm a contract worker for Danger via MS/Volt. Sa couple were let go, but not everyone, during a Microsoft company wide layoff.
aenar @ May 6th 2009 4:47PM

30-40 people were let go. The UI team, media teams, hardware and some associated PMs with the Sidekick. Shocking since Microsoft is mostly Political Project Managers with chips on their shoulders.
The remainder of the SK team that the PINK team needs to write in CE(not java or NetBSD) was moved to PINK or WINMO months ago. So the people who shut the lights off on the Sidekick were thanked in an email by the Roz "Dragon Woman" Ho and fired promptly. Then, to keep employees from going ape****zz, they had the stormtroopers from Securitas(with arms this time) walk the halls and maintain control. Sort of like the Stazi.
So,
a) No more sidekicks. The people that made them are fired or working on the mirage of PINK,
b) Microsoft tried to weasel out of Danger's contract with TMobile but were threatened with lawsuit
c) To make schedule, MSFT had to ship the Sidekick as designed at that point which was NetBSD and Java. VP of PMX was said to have cried at that announcement.

That's it. No more Sidekicks.
Naming sources? Do you work for the Dragon Lady-why would I call out these sources. So I can get more people fired? The information is 90% public domain from public feeds anyway.

Why do you have to use the N word though?..have some class, alisha
laugh.gif

I KNOW you ain't talkin' 'bout class...

Write:
I only use that word when it applies. Had you not replied with that kinda tone, I would've never addressed youas such. As you can see, my original post was in no disrespect to the OP and had no emoticons or phrases that hinted to it.

It was not a DUMB question, as you put it, essentially because I was under the impression with emergence of the G1 most of the people who owned sidekicks (thatI know) were looking to make steps forward, not backwards. And, I would think that

SO, the only thing dumb so far is your attempt to jump down my case for reasons unbeknownst.....

laugh.gif

Write:
I only use that word when it applies. Had you not replied with that kinda tone, I would've never addressed you as such. As you can see, my original post was in no disrespect to the OP and had no emoticons or phrases that hinted to it.

It was not a DUMB question, as you put it, essentially because I was under the impression with emergence of the G1 most of the people who owned sidekicks (that I know) were looking to make steps forward, not backwards. And, I would think that

SO, the only thing dumb so far is your attempt to jump down my case for reasons unbeknownst.....

The new LX is actually better than the G1. Yes, you heard me.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

laugh.gif

Write:
I only use that word when it applies. Had you not replied with that kinda tone, I would've never addressed you as such. As you can see, my original post was in no disrespect to the OP and had no emoticons or phrases that hinted to it.

It was not a DUMB question, as you put it, essentially because I was under the impression with emergence of the G1 most of the people who owned sidekicks (that I know) were looking to make steps forward, not backwards. And, I would think that

The new LX is actually better than the G1. Yes, you heard me.

even if it wasn't, it's stupid to think because the G1 dropped, each and every single sidekick user switched. which makes her question "people arestill into sidekicks?" rather dumb

btw, im just messing with you. im extremely bored
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom