Silver Anniversary Models Confirmed for March Release (III, IV, IX)

sad...what a sad sad way to "celebrate" 25 years.  Are you effing kidding me?  This is all JB could come up with? An ALL WHITE shoe with some chrome pieces?  Plus I swear those are exactly like the PURES...it even says PURE$ on the heel tab.

I have dabbled in marketing before here is  my idea....for this grand occasion. If JB had any sense or any real LOVE for the collectors and people that actually cherish and love and know the shoes...and trust me this is not brain surgery....

RELEASE THE ORIGINAL COLORWAY.

Wouldn't it be super SICK..to have the the same shoes...III, IV and IX come out EXACTLY as they did 25 years ago?  Not a CDP or DMP, a 100% ACCURATE RETRO.  And instead of the super pricey hypebeast alum case....release them in ORIGINAL BOXES.  Have the boxes, exact boxes that are original to the shoes.  And in the corner or make a SILVER tag that says 25th anniversary.  Same thing with the shoes.  Have a special label inside the tongue or include a 25th Ann hang tag or maybe the insoles are silver?  Something as simple as that would be PERFECT and people, collectors, purists and hypebeast alike would be drooling over something like that.  Man..to grab the OG colorway of the III and IVs in a OG STYLE box...with some difference to denote this occasion would be perfect.  It would satisfy most of the purists and newbies and best of all it would still keep the OGs shoes OG.  As these shoes would have the 25th anniversary connotation.  And make them not quite a GR...but definitely available to most people so no need to camp out would be nice.

I guess a guy can dream...JB needs to hire me on the marketing/prop/shoe planning committee....

It'd be fun to look around the places and should be interesting for those who do cop all 3.. Although these are an easy pass for me...

sad...what a sad sad way to "celebrate" 25 years.  Are you effing kidding me?  This is all JB could come up with? An ALL WHITE shoe with some chrome pieces?  Plus I swear those are exactly like the PURES...it even says PURE$ on the heel tab.

I have dabbled in marketing before here is  my idea....for this grand occasion. If JB had any sense or any real LOVE for the collectors and people that actually cherish and love and know the shoes...and trust me this is not brain surgery....

Wouldn't it be super SICK..to have the the same shoes...III, IV and IX come out EXACTLY as they did 25 years ago?  Not a CDP or DMP, a 100% ACCURATE RETRO.  And instead of the super pricey hypebeast alum case....release them in ORIGINAL BOXES.  Have the boxes, exact boxes that are original to the shoes.  And in the corner or make a SILVER tag that says 25th anniversary.  Same thing with the shoes.  Have a special label inside the tongue or include a 25th Ann hang tag or maybe the insoles are silver?  Something as simple as that would be PERFECT and people, collectors, purists and hypebeast alike would be drooling over something like that.  Man..to grab the OG colorway of the III and IVs in a OG STYLE box...with some difference to denote this occasion would be perfect.  It would satisfy most of the purists and newbies and best of all it would still keep the OGs shoes OG.  As these shoes would have the 25th anniversary connotation.  And make them not quite a GR...but definitely available to most people so no need to camp out would be nice.

I guess a guy can dream...JB needs to hire me on the marketing/prop/shoe planning committee....

^^^^
Exactly man. When I look at the Silver Anniversary shoes, I do not get that feeling of  "25 years of JB". The shoes grew with the fashion and originality of the 80s and 90s, these DO NOT capture that at all.

I don't like any of them, I was wondering what was up when I swore I saw QRICH wearing all white IX highs last night against LA

thanks for the confirmation

Originally Posted by Mike Francesa

Q rich was wearing the 9's last night
qwzv9v.jpg

^^ That game was bad @@# last night. Richardson was raining 3's.

Anyway, the silvers have been pushed back to the 27th to make way for the oreos like previously mentioned in this thread. My guy confirmed. I also got to hold the oreos. IMO, nothing special. The Lebron VII's are what's poppin' at this moment. Just copped 2 more pairs of dunkmans. So niiiice.

Do people understand what a 25th anniversary means? It means silver anniversary or something along the lines. That is the reason for this. Yeah I know that they could of done og colorways but you also have to understand that 25th anniversary means the silver anniversary. So that is why. Either way I like white shoes.

Do people understand what a 25th anniversary means? It means silver anniversary or something along the lines. That is the reason for this. Yeah I know that they could of done og colorways but you also have to understand that 25th anniversary means the silver anniversary. So that is why. Either way I like white shoes.

Originally Posted by jayxpeezy91

Yes I think people know what a 25th anniversary means.  But if you read my idea, you would make note of the 25th by a unique or different box label, or insoles.  Lot of ways. COMPLETELY UNIMAGINATIVE WHITE SHOES W TOUCHES OF SILVER...of which have been reproduced a couple times before and NOT ORIGINAL.

If these shoes were the VERY FIRST time it came all white with silver..then MAYBE...but still, I just do not like how they are celebrating 25 year with this garbage.

Definitely getting the IV's because I dont have any. But Ill probably skip the 9s cuz so many are coming out later this year.

Originally Posted by AsianImage

TOO MUCH LIKE RIGHT FOR JB

LOL - I might buy from the resellers who gobble these up then can't sell them. $50 at the most. These shoes SUCK!!!

some places will have all 3 models, just like how some stores had all 3 regional xix's and xx's

IXs might be copped but not for retail... cmon JB....

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

my dude at hoh said they will have all 3 anniversary retros on 3/27/10. im just going to cop the iv's. by the way, this is my 300th post, does that make me a registered member now? i guess so cause i went and checked right after i posted and there it was, registered member! 

Back
Top Bottom