Sister of deceased war hero auctions medals and uniform of on eBay to fund a luxury cruise

article-1297519-0A912E21000005DC-188_224x390.jpg
article-1297519-0A90933C000005DC-862_224x390.jpg

The sister of a war hero who died in Afghanistan sold his uniform and medals to an eBay trader to fund a luxury cruise for herself.

Corporal Rob Deering left his elder sister everything in his will, including four war medals, his uniform and an engraved memorial shell casing from his funeral.

But Elaine Deering, a single mother of one, sold it all for £1,100 and put the money towards a trip round the Mediterranean.

The 37-year-old, who is unemployed, said: ‘I’m on income support and I’m very hard up, so I did what I thought was best.’

Now the man who bought the mementos – which include medals from Corporal Deering’s service in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as an International Security Assistance Force medal – has returned them to the hero’s fiancee Gemma Polino.
read the full story here.

I love the world we live in...

article-1297519-0A912E21000005DC-188_224x390.jpg
article-1297519-0A90933C000005DC-862_224x390.jpg

The sister of a war hero who died in Afghanistan sold his uniform and medals to an eBay trader to fund a luxury cruise for herself.

Corporal Rob Deering left his elder sister everything in his will, including four war medals, his uniform and an engraved memorial shell casing from his funeral.

But Elaine Deering, a single mother of one, sold it all for £1,100 and put the money towards a trip round the Mediterranean.

The 37-year-old, who is unemployed, said: ‘I’m on income support and I’m very hard up, so I did what I thought was best.’

Now the man who bought the mementos – which include medals from Corporal Deering’s service in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as an International Security Assistance Force medal – has returned them to the hero’s fiancee Gemma Polino.
read the full story here.

I love the world we live in...

SOME PEOPLE..........!
Why would she sell the one of the last things in honor to her dead brother.
Still.......................

She can get it.
mad.gif

SOME PEOPLE..........!
Why would she sell the one of the last things in honor to her dead brother.
Still.......................

She can get it.
mad.gif

She tried saying it was because she was depressed
grin.gif

Everybody's got an excuse nowadays

I hope her kid grows up and asks about his uncle some day.....
Selfish: "I used to have a bunch of his medals, but I sold them. Remember that cruise we took?"
Son: "Nope"
Selfish: "Oh, well they payed for it. He also left us everything he had so we could live comfortably."
Son:
indifferent.gif

Hard to believe she could be so selfish when her brother was to selfless
tired.gif

She tried saying it was because she was depressed
grin.gif

Everybody's got an excuse nowadays

I hope her kid grows up and asks about his uncle some day.....
Selfish: "I used to have a bunch of his medals, but I sold them. Remember that cruise we took?"
Son: "Nope"
Selfish: "Oh, well they payed for it. He also left us everything he had so we could live comfortably."
Son:
indifferent.gif

Hard to believe she could be so selfish when her brother was to selfless
tired.gif

SMH @ the sister
smh.gif

RIP to the soldier i'm glad the medals are back with his ex-fiancee

SMH @ the sister
smh.gif

RIP to the soldier i'm glad the medals are back with his ex-fiancee

Back
Top Bottom