Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Iverson for Kidd.
smokin.gif

Don't no Nuggets fans want Jason Kidd's dusty self OVER AI on the team
laugh.gif

I like Kidd... but ONLY as a member of another team. I don't want him anywhere near Denver

Which teams have room in 2010?

Melo is definitely leaving. Wade might check things out, and I can't imagine LeBron not going to the Nets.

And good for Bassy, he was very efficient towards the end of the season and the jumper is steadily improving.

But according to a source close to Luol Deng, the future of the 6-9 forward should be decided -- one way or another -- in the next two weeks. The source confirmed the main elements of a Yahoo! Sports report Monday that said Deng, 23, would opt to sign a one-year qualifying offer for $4.5 million and become an unrestricted free agent next summer if he's not able to reach a long-term agreement before he leaves the country Aug. 4. Chicago Sun-Times

Deng will be in Europe for much of August playing with the British team in the European Championship qualifying tournament. ''This isn't an ultimatum,'' the source said. ''It's just that Lu wants to get the deal done before he leaves. There's nothing that will make the deal easier to reach in September.'' Chicago Sun-Times

On Deng: According to another source, the Bulls' offer has not matched the figure he rejected last year. Chicago Sun-Times

According to league sources, the Bulls and Gordon remain far apart on a new deal. Chicago Sun-Times

A source with knowledge of the negotiations says Emeka Okafor is ready to move on, rather than accept what the Charlotte Bobcats have offered long-term for his services. The Bobcats can hold on to him for next season, but perhaps the best way to preserve value is to arrange a sign-and-trade. Charlotte Observer

Does Shawn Marion float your boat? He appears to be available, with a single, $17.8 million season left on his contract. Swapping Okafor (plus another contract) for Marion would make the Bobcats smaller, but more athletic. Charlotte Observer

The Wolves now have two point guards, not just one, after the team today reached agreement on a multi-year deal with unrestricted free agent Sebastian Telfair. Telfair's agent, Andy Miller (yes, that Andy Miller, KG's agent), confirmed the agreement Monday night, which probably will be announced on Tuesday. He would not reveal years or money, but the Wolves declined to make Telfair a one-year qualifying offer because it would have guaranteed him $3.5 million next season. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Telfair is the second Timberwolf to re-sign in the past five days. Forward Craig Smith signed a two-year contract on Thursday. Restricted free agents Ryan Gomes and Chris Richard remain unsigned. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Free agent forward Bostjan Nachbar decided Monday to sign with Russia's Dynamo Moscow team for a reported $14.3 million over three years - far more than he would have gotten from the Nets or any other NBA team. Nachbar made $2.5 million with the Nets last season, when he averaged 9.8 points off the bench. Nachbar's new deal is said to include buyout options following each season so that he can return to the NBA if the opportunity arises. NY Daily News

The Nets also finalized a sign-and-trade deal yesterday with the Magic that will bring veteran guard Keyon Dooling to New Jersey. In exchange for the 6-3 Dooling, the Nets will send Orlando the $3.3 million trade exception they received from the Mavericks in the Jason Kidd deal last February. NY Daily News

If the Indiana Pacers are going to rid themselves of the headaches Shawne Williams has caused them in the past year, it will have to be through a trade. Pacers president Larry Bird said Monday he doesn't believe in buying out contracts, an issue that has arisen in regard to Williams and Jamaal Tinsley. "We hear this buyout stuff all the time," Bird told WFNI-1070 AM. "I think these guys should earn their money. If you can't trade them, let them stay at home. We're in some situations here where the same people continue to get in trouble. We have to deal with it. We'll deal with it the way we think is appropriate." Indianapolis Star

Bird repeated what he said multiple times in the past month: He is not sure Shawne Williams will be back with the Pacers. Indianapolis Star

The Pacers might need help in the frontcourt, but don't expect to see 7-0 center David Harrison return. Team officials said last week they are going in "a different direction" and have no interest in re-signing Harrison, who averaged 5.0 points and 2.8 fouls in 14 minutes during his four seasons with the Pacers. Indianapolis Star

That appears to be a 50-50 proposition as Javaris Crittenton, a 6-5 combo guard, is likely the odd man out in the five-way guard conundrum facing the Grizzlies. Crittenton, whom Memphis acquired in the Pau Gasol trade with the Los Angeles Lakers in February, is expecting to have another address fresh off his summer workout and the realization of where he fits in the pecking order. Third-year guard Kyle Lowry and second-year player Mike Conley are pure point guards. So Crittenton likely would compete with O.J. Mayo and veteran Marko Jaric, acquired from Minnesota in a draft-day trade for Mayo, for playing time. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Reportedly, the Griz and Orlando Magic were engaged in trade talks regarding Crittenton soon after the summer league schedule. But Wallace said Monday that nothing was imminent on any front. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Wallace downplayed any notion that Crittenton or anyone else would be traded to Orlando or anywhere else any time soon. Wallace said the Griz haven't had more than cursory discussions with any team. Memphis Commercial Appeal

After last season, Griz management told Crittenton to make better decisions with the basketball and work on his perimeter shooting. Crittenton eventually finished with an inconclusive summer-league performance mainly because he was often the third guard on the floor. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Free agent forward Matt Barnes arrived in Phoenix on Monday and completed much of the physical required to clear the way for him to join the Suns. East Valley Tribune

The Celtics have displayed interest in free agent forward Devean George,(Great..he can be a bum for them) according to an NBA source. But general manager Danny Ainge is taking a "call us, we won't call you" stance on prospective players after announcing Tony Allen and Eddie House have agreed to two-year contracts with the team. "I'm not going to comment on any guys," Ainge said yesterday of available free agents. "I'm not chasing anybody down. I feel we have a solid team now and I'm going to take some time off." Boston Globe

Tony Allen agreed to a two-year guaranteed deal paying $2.5 million annually, according to an NBA source. The Celtics did not have to use the mid-level exception to re-sign Allen because he has been with the team three years and has not been waived. This exception is known as "Bird Rights." While awaiting Posey's signing, the Celtics opted not to make Allen a qualifying offer before free agency began July 1. Once the Celtics lost out on Posey, they focused on re-signing Allen and House. Boston Globe

The Celtics signed House to a two-year deal using some of the $5.5 million mid-level exception, paying him $2.7 million this season with a player option for $2.9 million next season, according to an NBA source. Boston Globe

Carmelo Anthony: "Denver reassured me that they want me as part of the organization," he said. "I know I have to assume more of a leadership role. When A.I. (Allen Iverson) arrived, I sort of took a little bit of a back seat, but I know now that it's time to step up." Jim Boeheim, a Team USA assistant and Anthony's coach at Syracuse University, believes his former star is up to the task. "I'm going to speak to him about it," Boeheim said. Rocky Mountain News

After finishing Monday's practice at Valley High, the first of four daily sessions, Bryant was asked again how he would equate winning the Olympic tournament with an NBA title. "I think winning a gold medal is more important because you're playing for your country," he said, repeating what has become a kind of mantra. "You're not playing for a region or a state or a brand. You are playing for the United States of America." LA Times

There was no joy on Bryant's face, however, when the subject turned to a Lakers loss on Friday -- when the team declined to match a four-year, $17-million offer sheet given to reserve forward Ronny Turiaf by the Golden State Warriors. "I'm sad about it," said Bryant, who has been talking to Turiaf daily about the situation. "I wish we could have kept him. I love him as a person, I love him as a basketball player and I hate to see him leave. I just wish him all the best. "He would much rather have stayed with us, but that's the nature of the NBA, man." LA Times

Sasha Vujacic has yet to come back to the Lakers with an offer sheet and, in recent days, General Manager Mitch Kupchak has been negotiating with Rob Pelinka, Vujacic's agent, about a new contract. "I'm optimistic that we can re-sign Sasha," Bryant said. "We definitely should. He's turned into a fantastic player for us and I would hate to see us lose two of our key guys off the bench." LA Times

Bryant said he would undergo surgery to repair the finger after the Olympics, and figured the rehabilitation process would take about three weeks. For now, Bryant is focused on Aug. 10 when the U.S. opens Olympic play against the host nation, China. LA Times

Sac should work out a sign and trade deal for Okafor using Artest and somebody. The team NEEDS a 10+ rebound per game, 2 blocks per game kind of guy badly.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif

I like Kidd... but ONLY as a member of another team. I don't want him anywhere near Denver

Before we traded MC, all we really needed to be a great team was a passing and defenisve oriented point.

Melo and Iverson CANNOT coexist because AI still wants to jack up his shots.

Melo and Jkidd would be a dream combination.
Which teams have room in 2010?

Melo is definitely leaving.
When all of the 03 dudes signed, Melo went for the max deal like an idiot, so he's not eligible for FA in '10.

When A.I. (Allen Iverson) arrived, I sort of took a little bit of a back seat, but I know now that it's time to step up
I'm glad he noticed.
ohwell.gif

I would be satisfied with Jrich and ray felton for AI and kleiza and a pick

the mavericks are dumb. i would have done that deal. josh howard is so frustrating to watch play... i rather keep bass instead of him...

and matt barnes aint gonna do squat in phoenix...

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif

Yeah well, Nuggets fans didn't want a second round pick over Marcus Camby either, but look how that turned out...
When all of the 03 dudes signed, Melo went for the max deal like an idiot, so he's not eligible for FA in '10.

I thought they all signed the same deal? Guess not...

Originally Posted by Beats05

Sac should work out a sign and trade deal for Okafor using Artest and somebody. The team NEEDS a 10+ rebound per game, 2 blocks per game kind of guy badly.
didnt they draft that one dude this year? I think he is gonna be their future big man....

According to fred kerber of the ny post, marcus Williams was traded to the warriors for a futrue first round pick

if miami is planning a run at the FA crop in 2010, they are not gonna take on Okafor with a newly signed contract. they'll use their space to keep wadeand add another of the top FAs.

Money does talk, but Turiaf probably did want to stay in LA. He just followed the dough.

Just like Baron didn't really want to leave, he just went where the money was.

Back
Top Bottom