Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Shaun Livingston's deal is for two years with the second year being a team option. Riles better not trade D.Cook to make room for Shaun

I cant wait for the season to start. This is the first time in a while that I expect our team to make it at least to the second round. Other years it was falsehope
laugh.gif

Like it's been said many times in this thread, I want the season to start. After this tuesday though, when 2K9 drops, gee willikers I'm gonna beanxious.

[h2]Heat Sign LivingstonTo A Two-Year Contract[/h2]
Livingston_Shaun_lac_061126.jpg

Oct 03, 2008 5:45 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heathave given former fourth overall selection Shaun Livingston a comeback shot, signing the former Clipper to a two year contract on Friday, the Associated Pressis reporting.

Livingston severely injured his knee the last time he played an NBA game more than 19 months ago. With his career in jeopardy, theChicago native has worked his way back and the Heat believe that the signing could eventually become a steal.

"He has great size and feel for the game at his position," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "I've followed him for afew years. It's unfortunate, really, what happened, but we'd normally never be able to get a player of his talent at this time. He's very committedto getting healthy and we have a great staff to help him get there."

"I think a lot of people will be surprised by how good he looks because of the injury he had," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said."Of course we all know he still has a ways to go. But I think for the future I think it's going to be good. Give him time to get back in shape andtime to get healthy and you've got a 6-7 point guard for the future at a very young age."

The signing puts the Heat over the luxury tax threshold, so it is highly probable that another deal will be coming soon to shedsalary.

The Heat cut point guard Tre Kelley to make room on the 20-man training camp roster.

Via ESPN

Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Tinsley To Denver Deal JustA Rumor?[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 10:04 AM EST

ind_40.gif
The New YorkPost has reported that the Pacers have traded Jamaal Tinsley to the Nuggets for Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter, but Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star saysthe report isn't true.

Wells spoke with representatives from both teams on Friday morning, who confirmed that no deal has been agreed upon.

Indiana has been in talks with Denver about Tinsley, but they have spoken to a majority of teams as they look to unloadTinsley.

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers, Denver Nuggets

[h2]Trade Rumors DistractNuggets[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 6:30 PM EST

den_40.gif
The first thingthat George Karl did when he arrived at practice on Friday was apologize to Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter about the rumors that the duo would be traded tothe Indiana Pacers for Jamaal Tinsley, the Denver Post is reporting.

"He is a guy that we had talked about, but when I heard all the stuff this morning, I was laughing," Karl said. "Idon't think it's that hot. But I shouldn't be answering that question."

Karl said that the rumor, which has been shot down by both sides, had an effect on Friday's practice.

"I don't think it was good for the morale of the practice," Karl said. "I talked to Chucky and Steven beforepractice and laughed about it. They're older guys. They've been in the league and probably have read their name in too many gossip columns. Rex(Chapman, Nuggets vice president of player personnel) apologized, and I apologized for putting them through it. But I don't think there's anything toit."

Via Denver Post

Denver Nuggets,Indiana Pacers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Rasheed Takes A BreakFor 'General Soreness'[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 5:40 PM EST

det_40.gif
Rasheed Wallacesat out the final hour of the Pistons' practice on Friday due to what the team is calling general soreness, the Detroit News is reporting.

Wallace's was feeling soreness in his feet, but coach Michael Curry said he expects that Wallace, 34, will return to practiceSaturday.

"He went hard the first two hours," Curry said. "He had some soreness so we sat him out as a precautionary measure. Weexpect him back (Saturday) and he will practice and play Sunday."

Via Detroit News

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Aldridge ExpandingRange[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 5:21 PM EST

por_40.gif
LaMarcusAldridge is trying to extend his range beyond the three-point line in an effort to expand his game.

"I know he is shooting the three-ball well now," said Brandon Roy. "I don't want to say it too loud because Idon't know if coach wants him shooting too many. But he's shooting it really well. That's the biggest thing that I've noticed. He's addedthe handle to his game and the three point ball."

Aldridge, at 6-11, is essentially a pick-and-pop kind of guy at this point in his career.

"I think my face-up game has gotten better," Aldridge admitted. "This year I am trying to play more facing thebasket."

Via HoopsWorld

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Pierce Expects Celtics ToRepeat[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 5:02 PM EST

bos_40.gif
Paul Pierceexpects the Celtics to repeat as NBA championships this season.

"Once you get a taste of the success you want to do it again," Pierce said. "The guys felt like that going into thesummer after winning a championship. The guys are hungry for more."

Pierce averaged 19.6 points a game in 2007-08, lower than the previous nine seasons.

"We built a great chemistry last year," Pierce said.

Via Boston Globe

Boston Celtics

[h2]Phil: Bynum Won't Average20/10[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 4:56 PM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers coachPhil Jackson doesn't believe that center Andrew Bynum can obtain his goal of averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds this season.

"Well, I guess it's good to have goals," Jackson said. "It's not possible. There's just not enough offensefor everyone to do that kind of stuff."

Jackson appeared to be referring to Bynum's ability to score twenty points a game with offensive threats like Kobe Bryant andLamar Odom in town.

"That's realistic, 10 rebounds, three blocks, some changed shots ... maybe a charge a game - those are the things we want tosee happen with his defense," Jackson said. "That's going to make us a good team."

Via Los Angeles Daily News

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Cook's ConditioningLands Him In Doghouse[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 4:48 PM EST

orl_40.gif
Magic forwardBrian Cook has landed in Coach Stan Van Gundy's doghouse after not improving his conditioning enough this summer.

His body is noticeably toned and tighter, but Van Gundy isn't impressed.

"His conditioning hasn't improved. If it does improve he'll play well, but he didn't spend as much time on hisconditioning as the other guys, and it's hurting him out here in terms of competing," Van Gundy said. "It's not a major issue and he'snot in bad shape, but he's not in as good of shape as he should have been or as good as some of the other guys he's competing against."

The Magic acquired Cook from the Lakers last November in a trade involving Trevor Ariza.

Via Florida Today

Orlando Magic

[h2]Noah Out 5 Days With EyeInjury[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 4:18 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Bulls'forward Joakim Noah is likely to miss the next five days after being poked in the eye during practice on Friday, the Daily Herald is reporting.

The team on Friday said the injury left Noah with blood in the front chamber of his eye. He'll be monitored daily by theBulls' medical staff.

Via Daily Herald

Chicago Bulls

[h2]A. Randolph Feels LikeAn All-Star Already?[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 11:11 AM EST

gsw_40.gif
AnthonyRandolph has been impressing the Warriors during his initial days of training camp.

"He's definitely raw, but I like his attitude," said Stephen Jackson. "He doesn't back down. He feels likehe's an All-Star right now, not in a cocky sense, but he's confident."

"He looks like a 19-year-old going into the pros," Nelson said about Randolph. "He's feeling his way along,probably swamped like all our rookies. He's got a lot of information going on out there and is just starting his development."

Via San Francisco Chronicle

Golden State Warriors

[h2]Raptors LoveO'Neal's Presence In Paint[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 9:59 AM EST

tor_40.gif
The Raptors areexcited about the shot blocking ability that Jermaine O'Neal will bring to the paint after they felt as though teams drove easily against them lastseason.

"You know those times last year, when we'd play excellent defense for 22 seconds, and they'd get the ball and lay itin?" guard Anthony Parker said. "It's like getting hit in the stomach, you know?"

"Having him there with Chris [Bosh] saves those moments, those setbacks, when you do all the right things and but don'tsecure the ball."

Toronto can rely on playing into his strength often, so he can help some of their weaker defenders.

"He can block shots, for sure," guard Jose Calderon said. "The good thing about it, you know you can force a bit more,and he can help you."

However, coach Sam Mitchell doesn't want his players taking O'Neal for granted.

"It makes guys want to be better defensively," Mitchell said. "Because even if [O'Neal] blocks shots and stuff likethat, it only takes someone getting beat so many times before he's going to go 'Wait a minute, I'm back here to help you, but you have to do yourjob, too. I'm just in case, not all day long. You've still got to guard your guy.' So if he's back there doing his job, then you have to doyour job."

Via Globe And Mail

Toronto Raptors

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Noah Out 5 Days With Eye Injury[/h2]
Oct 03, 2008 4:18 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Bulls' forward Joakim Noah is likely to miss the next five days after being poked in the eye during practice on Friday, the Daily Herald is reporting.

The team on Friday said the injury left Noah with blood in the front chamber of his eye. He'll be monitored daily by the Bulls' medical staff.

Via Daily Herald

Chicago Bulls

bloodshot eyes...we know.

Suns' Stoudemire has torn iris - report

PHOENIX, Arizona, (AFP) - Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire has a torn iris after he was poked in the eye by teammate Boris Diaw during practice, the Arizona Republic reported.

The newspaper said Friday Stoudemire missed practice for a second straight day, and will wear protective goggles when he resumes practice and perhaps for the entire National Basketball Association season.

"He actually had some damage to his iris, which is not serious, fortunately," Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr said.

Stoudemire will be out at least until Sunday night's open practice at US Airways Center, the report said.

Stoudemire, 25, averaged 25.2 points and 9.1 rebounds in 79 games last season.

"It's going to be important that he gets back and try to get up his conditioning," Suns coach Terry Porter told the newspaper. "As soon as you take a couple steps forward, you've got to take a couple steps backward for him, unfortunately."

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Stoudemire has torn iris, will be out 5-10 days[/h1]
Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire missed practice Thursday with a partially torn iris after being poked in the eye during practice Wednesday. Stoudemire, who returned to McKale Center on Friday night, said he wouldn't be able to exercise for another five to 10 days because of the injury.
"I can't catch a break," Stoudemire told the Arizona Republic. "I can't get my heart rate up because my blood pressure rises and it goes to my eye. I don't want that or the eye will bleed."

Suns center Boris Diaw inadvertently poked Stoudemire in the right eye during practice, and Stoudemire awoke Thursday with swelling and blurred vision.

An examination showed there was no damage to the retina or the cornea, according to the East Valley Tribune. "He actually had some damage to his iris, which is not serious, fortunately," team GM Steve Kerr said, according to the Republic.

Stoudemire told paper he will likely wear goggles for the rest of his career. "I don't want that to happen again," Stoudemire said.

The NBA is proposing to allow their referees to utilize the instant replays more than just at the end of quarters, according to a report by Marc Stein from ESPN.
Teams will vote electronically on a proposal which would let referees be allowed to view footage to determine whether a shot was worth two or three points at any point in the game or if a player should be awarded two or three free throws.

The other proposal would allow the game officials to use instant replay when the game clock malfunctions during a play concluding with no time remaining on the clock (0:00) at the end of any quarter or overtime period.

I think this is a great idea but I could see when they review how many points or free throws taking up too much time. It's still worth it toget the call correct.

Damn, I would take Tinsley for Atkins and Hunter in a heartbeat. Too bad that was just a rumor.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Is the Nuggets vs Suns outdoor game next Saturday???

October 11th on TNT, so yes, next Saturday.

For the replay of a 2 or 3 ball, i think the official scorekeepers should just do that on the side and if they correct the refs, then just add or subtract thescore and announce over the PA that they fixed the score announce it during a stoppage in play. ya dig?

[h2]Pierce Expects Celtics To Repeat[/h2]

bos_40.gif
Paul Pierce expects the Celtics to repeat as NBA championships this season.

"Once you get a taste of the success you want to do it again," Pierce said. "The guys felt like that going into the summer after winning a championship. The guys are hungry for more."

Pierce averaged 19.6 points a game in 2007-08, lower than the previous nine seasons.

Via Boston Globe

Boston Celtics

when did this guy get so cocky?

im glad that denver deal was a rumor

steven hunter is the only center on the roster, and chucky is a decent point guard, but he's always injured

denver DOES NOT need indiana's damaged goods

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

For the replay of a 2 or 3 ball, i think the official scorekeepers should just do that on the side and if they correct the refs, then just add or subtract the score and announce over the PA that they fixed the score announce it during a stoppage in play. ya dig?
Are you saying they should make the call on the sidelines while the game continues on and then announce the result of the review after multipleplays have happened? That just wouldn't work.

I agree with those that said it will take more time and slow the game down if it is overused, and I don't like the idea of that, but obviously the NBA isworried that their refs can't make the right calls, so they want to do something about it. Kinda sad, really.

^true now that i think about it....what if its last minute of a game and they take 20 seconds of gameplay to announce if it was a 2 or 3, it would totally messup the teams strat and gameplan to close out the game

Anyone in Central New York going to the Nuggets/Suns game at the Carrier Dome?

Someone tell Paul Pierce to shut the hell up. Making a repeat claim is huge and if they don't he looks like the sucker.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

[h2]Pierce Expects Celtics To Repeat[/h2]

bos_40.gif
Paul Pierce expects the Celtics to repeat as NBA championships this season.

"Once you get a taste of the success you want to do it again," Pierce said. "The guys felt like that going into the summer after winning a championship. The guys are hungry for more."

Via Boston Globe

Boston Celtics

when did this guy get so cocky?

How is that cocky? Did you read the article?

Originally Posted by MeloVP

im glad that denver deal was a rumor

steven hunter is the only center on the roster, and chucky is a decent point guard, but he's always injured

denver DOES NOT need indiana's damaged goods
Tinsley>>>>>Atkins as a PG, both have injury problems.

I'm just not sold on Hunter being the #2 behind Nene. This guy has terrible career averages and has never really done anything spectacular for any team inthe league (averages are around 5 pts and 3 rebounds in 15 minutes and he's a terrible free throw shooter). Steven Hunter is not the answer. Maybe thedeal for Tinsley isn't a great idea overall, but I would still rather have Tinsley than Atkins and rely on the Nuggets to pick up another big to playbehind Nene.

Back
Top Bottom