Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

didnt the raptors want to sign Duhon last year? and they run the same system as D'Antoni well try to atleast. LOL

2 years for 6 million isnt bad. there are far worst contracts out there for bigger bums. Duhon is a good PG when he is not ask to carry a offense

I'm pretty sure it's 2 years 12 million, unless that's what you were talking about.

Raptors don't need a back-up point as good as Duhon, Calderon is young and he'll be sufficient.

didnt the raptors want to sign Duhon last year? and they run the same system as D'Antoni well try to atleast. LOL

2 years for 6 million isnt bad. there are far worst contracts out there for bigger bums. Duhon is a good PG when he is not ask to carry a offense

the raptors tried to sign him after his rookie season, but the bulls matched it.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by tupac003

An NBA source said the Celtics surprisingly worked out Blazers free agent small forward Darius Miles yesterday and he had an impressive workout. Miles missed last season while recovering from knee surgery. Boston Globe
pimp.gif

I remember when I was a D.Miles fan.
laugh.gif

I remember when the Cavs tried to play him at point guard.
roll.gif

didnt the raptors want to sign Duhon last year? and they run the same system as 'Antoni well try to atleast. LOL

No.

[h1]Duhon picks Knicks over Magic; agrees to two-year deal[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 4, 2008, 9:06 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Chris Duhon has reached a verbal agreement with the New York Knicks on a two-year contract, Duhon's agent said.

3855.jpg

Duhon

"The chance for Chris to be a starter was too much to pass up," Duhon's agent, Kevin Bradbury, told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.

Duhon had also been talking with the Orlando Magic. Bradbury said the Magic never offered Duhon a contract.

Bradbury said the Knicks have made it clear that Duhon could start, which could mean that Stephon Marbury's days with the Knicks are numbered. Marbury is in the final year of his contract.

The agreement was initially reported by The Sporting News.

"I am just excited, I am ready to get to work for the Knicks," said Duhon, according to the Sporting News. "It's a big stage, playing in New York. It's something every player in the NBA wants."

Duhon played the last four seasons with the Chicago Bulls. He averaged 5.8 points and 4 assists per game last season. He has averaged 6.9 points and 4.5 assists per game in his career.

The Orlando Sentinel reported Thursday that the Magic expected to offer Duhon a three-year deal worth up to $10 million.

"Chris could have shopped himself around more, but in the end, he wanted a fit where he felt comfortable and he knew what kind of opportunity he would be getting," Bradbury said. "He wasn't worried about trying to find more money on the market or anything like that. He wanted the right situation, and this just felt like the right situation."

I am probably the only one but I really believe Steph can come back and handle the 1 fine this year. We need to hold onto dude this year, let himg get hisvalue up and well have 20 million off the cap.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I'm sonfused. Is it $6 million total??

$6M per year, 2 year deal = $12M total, I believe.

It's not that big a deal, since the contract comes off the books in two years, anyway.

And Duhon gives the Knicks a true PG. Something they haven't had in awhile.

The Duhon signing for the knicks is solid (sorta wished my team would have tried to get him), and CP3 is getting big money but he definitely deserves it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by tupac003

An NBA source said the Celtics surprisingly worked out Blazers free agent small forward Darius Miles yesterday and he had an impressive workout. Miles missed last season while recovering from knee surgery. Boston Globe
pimp.gif

I remember when I was a D.Miles fan.
laugh.gif

I remember when the Cavs tried to play him at point guard.
roll.gif

roll.gif
How long did that last for? one game? lol

how an anyone say anything bout duhon? did anybody ever wath him play ,i might of saw about 5 min.total last season on the bulls ...but from what i hear hessolid ..so good pickup for the knick lord knows they need anything these days ....would u rather them not do anything and come out with the same roster?thesecomments are very funny ...unlike any other team,besides a few,..the knicks are in a position where they can afford to wait for 2 years for a big time freeagent(not just lebron)its already been about 5 or 6 years of being terrible.whats another 2?? as for as im concerned id like to see some solid guys playingsome inspirational basketball first before anything at least making effort for now so in 2 years a big time free agent will feel goodabout signing with theknicks to get us over the hump

With Chris Duhon now heading to the New York Knicks, the Orlando Magic will turn their focus to two free agents: shooting guard Corey Maggette and point guard Keyon Dooling. Duhon has chosen the Knicks over the Magic, opting to take a shorter deal with a better shot at becoming a starter in New York. Kevin Bradbury, Duhon's agent, told the Sentinel on Friday that Duhon will sign a two-year deal with the Knicks when free agents can begin signing contracts on Wednesday. Orlando Sentinel

Bradbury (Duhon's agent) said the Magic did not present an offer sheet, but the "parameters" of the Magic's offer "was more than fair." Duhon is believed to have agreed to a contract around $6.5 million with New York--- or roughly $3.25 million a year. Orlando Sentinel

As of late Friday, Maggette had yet to agree to sign with any team after opting out of his contract with the Los Angeles Clippers, although the San Antonio Spurs were thought to be the frontrunner. Orlando Sentinel

Maggette has expressed through friends that he would love to return to Orlando, where he began his career. The Magic acquired him during the 1999 draft, but traded him after one season to the Clippers. He averaged 16.1 points in eight seasons in L.A. Orlando Sentinel

Chris Duhon verbally agreed to a deal with the New York Knicks on Friday,
the point guard and his agent told The Sporting News. "I am just excited, I am ready to get to work for the Knicks,'' said Duhon, the former Duke player who averaged 6.9 points and 4.5 assists in four seasons for Chicago. "It's a big stage, playing in New York. It's something every player in the NBA wants.'' AP/Houston Chronicle

Duhon had narrowed his choices down to New York and Orlando and he elected to sign with the Knicks because the club promised him a starting job. That promise suggests that the Knicks are prepared to release Marbury, whose contract expires in 12 months. NY Daily News

Duhon's arrival forces the Knicks to make a move with one of their guards and the likely candidate is Marbury. The Knicks would only trade Marbury if they can acquire a player who is in the final year of his contract. NY Daily News

For now, the plan is for Marbury and Duhon to compete during training camp. If Marbury, returning from ankle surgery, does not look good in camp, there's a chance he could be waived. NY Post

The Knicks offered Duhon a two-year, roughly $6.5 million contract on the first day of free-agency but agent Bradbury indicated yesterday the club bumped their offer, with reports of Walsh giving Duhon the full midlevel exception ($5.8M annually).
NY Post

Bulls: Also, Duhon's lifestyle concerned team officials, who felt that the 25-year-old enjoyed the nightlife too much. When Duhon played at Duke, he would often sleep at the house of coach Mike Krzyzewski to prevent him from staying out late. NY Daily News

With their full mid-level exception committed to Duhon, the Knicks are effectively finished with free agency, other than sign-and-trade possibilities. The Knicks are open to moving Zach Randolph and the $48 million he has left over three years, and they have received some inquiries. But the Duhon signing has put Stephon Marbury's future with the Knicks in jeopardy. Coincidentally, it was the Suns' trade of Marbury to the Knicks - OK'd by D'Antoni - that paved the way for Phoenix to sign Nash in 2004. And Nash's sales job with Duhon looks like the beginning of the end for Marbury in New York. NY Newsday

By limiting Duhon to a two-year deal, Walsh also avoided adding salary beyond 2010. The Knicks are hoping to clear salary-cap space that year, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could all be free agents. D'Antoni has told friends that the Knicks are much better than their 23-59 record last season indicated and that team chemistry was the greatest problem. Cutting ties with Marbury is viewed as a critical first step in changing a losing culture. NY Times

Marbury is owed $22 million next season, the final year of his deal. If trade attempts fail, Walsh is expected to propose a buyout. It would be costly, but James L. Dolan, the Madison Square Garden chairman, has said that Walsh has authority to improve the team however he sees fit
. NY Times

The others on the Sixers' radar, include Los Angeles Clippers' unrestricted free agent Corey Maggette and two restricted free agents, Golden State's Andris Biedrins and New Jersey's Nenad Krstic.
Childress is scheduled to visit, but despite earlier reports, is yet to be set for a specific date. Philadelphia Daily News

If the Sixers' available money is $11.5 million (it could be slightly less, it could turn out to be more), the most they could offer in a 5-year package is $66.7 million. With Smith, the Hawks have the right to match. It is highly unlikely that Sixers president/general manager Ed Stefanski would bid that high for Biedrins or Krstic. Philadelphia Daily News

The Celtics wrapped up their minicamp yesterday without any change on the free agent front. Free agent James Posey, via agent Mark Bartelstein, continued to talk to other NBA suitors in the wake of what he considers an unacceptable offer from his former team - one that falls short of the $5.8 million mid-level exception as well as his desire for a 4- to 5-year deal.
Boston Herald

A Celtics source also continued to insist yesterday that the team has not made a formal offer to free agent Corey Maggette, and that the former Clipper is simply aware that the team has a $5.8 million mid-level exception available - the same amount the team has been unwilling to offer Posey. Boston Herald

The last time Danny Ainge talked with P.J. Brown, the veteran power forward said he wasn't coming back.
So the Celtics are now treating Brown's career as a dormant, not dead, issue. "Whatever P.J. wants," Ainge said yesterday. "He knows that we'd love to have him back, but he has to want to come back." Boston Herald

The predictable beneficiaries of minicamp weren't the free agents at all, but the two Celtics who had a chance to protect their turf - Glen Davis and Gabe Pruitt. Davis, in the words of one Celtics staffer, dominated the camp. Boston Herald

The Celtics worked out Patrick O'Bryant yesterday - a sign of just how precarious and uncertain the drafting process can be. The C's last worked out this gifted,
mobile big man prior to the 2006 draft, before Golden State took him with the ninth overall pick. Boston Herald

Danny Ainge is shopping for a point guard, a big man, and a wing player, but you probably won't hear from the Celtics until Sept. 30, when training camp starts. So this week was their summer league. Ainge said he'll talk to the coaching staff about who did well, then keep an eye on how players perform in the summer leagues before sifting through the possibilities for training camp. But for the most part, what happens in Vegas this month will stay in Vegas. Boston Globe

The Pistons are still shopping in free agency, and two players they are reportedly targeting are Boston's James Posey and Golden State's Mickael Pietrus. Bill McCandless, the representative for Pietrus, told the San Francisco Chronicle that eight teams had inquired about his client. But it is unknown whether Pistons president Joe Dumars has reached out to him. Pietrus averaged 7.2 points in 29.9 minutes for the Warriors last season. He is a 26-year-old in his fifth season from France. Detroit Free Press

The Pistons could make a run at another small forward or wing player to back up Tayshaun Prince. Portland's James Jones is another good possibility. He's a 44 percent three-point shooter. The Pistons don't have hopes of getting much from this weak free agent class, but they do have a mid-level exception worth about $5.8 million. Detroit Free Press

Michael Beasley slightly cracked his sternum in a collision with a teammate earlier this week, yet still could be with the Miami Heat when the team opens summer league play Monday. Daequan Cook won't be so lucky. AP/Toronto Sun

The Heat announced Friday that Daequan Cook has separated his left, non-shooting, shoulder, meaning he won't be available for the five-games-in-five-days summer league schedule starting Monday in Orlando
. Cook - who suffered the injury Thursday night - will be sidelined 2-4 weeks, a significant blow because the Heat hoped the second-year guard could use a strong summer showing as a springboard into the 2008-09 season. AP/Toronto Sun

Beasley, the No. 2 pick in this year's draft, is listed as day-to-day. He went through non-contact drills Thursday and Friday. Palm Beach Post

Orlando center Dwight Howard has a stress fracture of his sternum, which is more serious than Beasley's injury. Howard has a six- to eight-week recovery period and therefore didn't participate in the U.S. Olympic team's first mini-camp.
Palm Beach Post

Bulls: Also, Duhon's lifestyle concerned team officials, who felt that the 25-year-old enjoyed the nightlife too much. When Duhon played at Duke, he would often sleep at the house of coach Mike Krzyzewski to prevent him from staying out late. NY Daily News

Duhon? Seriously?
laugh.gif

Dang, Cook is hurt too? At least it's not too serious.

Sixers don't need a C, why are they looking @ Beans.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Duhon? Seriously?
laugh.gif

duhon_lapdance2.jpg

duhon_lapdance.jpg

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Dang, Cook is hurt too? At least it's not too serious.

Sixers don't need a C, why are they looking @ Beans.

Not sure... Either this rumor is false or Philly has something up their sleeve. Anyway, I'm banking on that Biedrins is a man of his word and would loveto come back to the Warriors.

And I didn't know that about Duhon. Great stuff
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Duhon looks mad suspect in that first picture.

...but, c'mon, what NBA player hasn't been photographed taking his shirt off around a bunch of white girls?

Like allen has been saying, the Duhon deal is a smart/solid move.

It's two years so if he doesn't work out/sucks on the Knicks then we move on and don't resign him.

I actually like Duhon as a player but he was a total d-bag when I played with him once. This douche rolls up to the god dang Loyola Marymount open gym, chockfull of nobody's and kids who were average at best in high school, guys like me. So instead of playing to our level at least somewhat, enough to still bethe best player on the court by far, he decides to take the "IM FAMOUS LOOK AT ME" route and start jacking up 3's just inside half court at aoutstanding rate of 30%, turning the entire goddamn night into some sick spectacle instead of competitive basketball. What a f*****. Hey homeboy, we knowyou're in the NBA, cut the BS and either don't try or murder everyone here. Don't go 1/2 a** and start jacking up every Meadowlark Lemon trick,unsuccessfuly, just because your dopey lookin a** has enough ego to still attempt to prove to everyone how famous you are but not enough energy to do itlegitimately.

Yes I'm mad. I take basketball and all things concerning basketball very seriously
smile.gif

reminds me of the old NT thread about Duke players partying, guess those stories were true.

Back
Top Bottom