Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

You have to think about this in a two year window though.

Billups + Prince will make the Rockets better, true.

But how MUCH better in the short term?

And while the Rockets will be better in the short term, in two years, how is Prince and Billups holding up?

Billups will be on the decline, and the Rockets would be stuck with him for another two years going into the 2010 season.

Prince, one more year.

In two years, if it's still first round exits, then the Rockets can aquire a player or two that would complement Yao for the next 5 years after the 2010season, with a Wade, Joe Johnson, etc, with T-Mac's number coming off the books.

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by tmay407

Wait...is it seriously Chauncey and Rip for T-Mac? I'd do that in a heartbeat if I were the Rockets.
I think it's Chauncey and Prince supposedly, and I don't think the Rockets should do it.

Chauncey is getting old, and has 4 more years left on his deal. Prince, 3.

Keep T-Mac, and his contract runs out in 2010, with everybody else practically on the Rockets, minus Battier and Yao.

The Rockets could then go after Wade, Amare, Bosh, Joe Johnson, etc.

Rockets haven't advanced to the second round, true, but the Rockets are still a good team. They continually post up 50+ win seasons, and is always one of the top teams in the league defensively. Just roll with what the Rockets got, hope for the best, and if things are still bleak, in two years, the Rockets will be in good shape to blow up the roster and start building around Yao with a big time younger then T-Mac FA.
Although it sounds like a good idea...what's the real likelihood that would happen you know?

IF the rockets don't make it past the first round next year with the same team, changes WILL be made. 2 years is too long to wait around for the chance of landing another big superstar while keeping a whole team in tact. Winning is all about the here and now. It's a business. and if the rockets don't win, no matter how well they do in the regular season, changes will be made. I think this deal gives the Rockets the opportunity to win now even though they are loaded with PG's. Prince or Rip will give them that reliable D and make up with more consistent scorign than T-Mac could provide.

Not getting out of the first round is a big disappointment, sure, but the Rockets still win.

The Rockets as is, is already one of the top defensive teams of the league. Billups will give us finally a star PG, but 2010 is a once in a lifetime typegig. The biggest star studded FA class in history.

Sure, the Rockets have a 1% chance of luring Lebron away, but the point is, the Rockets can be in the mix with T-Mac's number coming off the books.

You have to leave yourself that opportunity, to go after one of the best players in the game.

And even then, who's to say a Wade, Amare, Bosh or a Joe Johnson won't come to H-Town? Money talks, and that's what the Rockets will have.
It's nice to win now, but the Rockets also have to think about their franchise. They continue to make the playoffs, and lost Game 7 to Dallas acouple years back with Yao + T-Mac. Lost Game 7 to Utah two years back with Yao + T-Mac. Lost last year to Utah in Game 6, without Yao. The Rockets are onthe brink of making it to the second round, as is.

In two years, the Rockets can rebuild for the long haul by having T-Mac's number come off the books for a LONG time.

After the 2010 season, the Rockets will have Yao, a big name FA, and semi big name FA to build around.

Compared to the 2010 season, the Rockets have Yao, a declining Billups for another two years, and Prince who's number doesn't come off the books foranother year.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Z-bo for Monta straight up.

t7mopd.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at Chauncey as the type guy that's going to have a sharp decline in production as he ages...

But, admittedly, this comes from a guy that isn't a big Tracy McGrady believer... I just think you look at the past 4 years with Yao and McGrady, andit's time to realize that, for whatever reason, it's just not working out. One or the other is ALWAYS hurt.

I think you give yourself a better chance to win by bringing Prince/Billups in at the expense of McGrady...

IMO, it takes 3 legit scorers to really win come playoff time.

Lakers have with Kobe, Pau and Odom.

Celtics have it with the Big 3.

Detroit has it with Rip, Billups, Sheed.

Spurs have it with Duncan, Manu and TP.

Hornets have with with CP3, Peja and West.

Etc.

As is, the Rockets have Yao, T-Mac = the rest of the team. Scola is still progressing, and Shane isn't a viable 3rd scoring option.

With Billups + Prince, the Rockets will have Yao, Billups = The rest of the team. Prince can be a 3rd option, and Billups and Prince will give more output thanwhat T-Mac alone brings.

But it's not really clear how MUCH better the Rockets are with Billups and Prince. Enough to coast to the Finals? Not likely. Same with a healthy Yao andT-Mac.

Which is why, even if the T-Mac and Yao combo doesn't seem to be working, you bite the bullet for two more years (the Rockets regardless, are a playoffteam) and THEN cut ties with T-Mac.

The opportunities are really endless come 2010, options wise on how you want to move forward to the future with Yao as the centerblock.

The trade now, is nothing more then a short-term solution, that might not even be that much better then the current lineup. And if so, not THAT much better.Not a Pau Gasol to the Lakers type of reinforcement. Or a KG to the Celtics type reinforcement that puts the Rockets over the top.

Bite the bullet for two more years, and then go after one of the best young talents in the game, to team up with Yao.

The Rockets will have Yao as a centerpiece to lure these big time FA's in 2010.

Other teams now, are scrambling to get under the cap 2010, but at what cost?

Most of these teams, NYK, NJ, etc, won't have anybody really viable on their rosters as a result of what they're doing now.

They're basically trying to wipe a clean slate in 2010, and go from there.

Going to a team with Yao, and considering the Rockets will have a ton of capspace, will give the Rockets a little leg up on the competition in two years.

I think Billups+whoever for McGrady is a mutually beneficial trade for both teams because Detroit and Houston's progress has been stagnant over the lastfew years. It's kind of ironic how major draft day decisions have been costly to both teams. Choosing Darko over Melo has hurt the Pistons in the longrun. Trading Gay for Battier cost the Rockets a 3rd scorer that they still desperately need.

Originally Posted by franchise3

IMO, it takes 3 legit scorers to really win come playoff time.

Lakers have with Kobe, Pau and Odom.

Celtics have it with the Big 3.

Detroit has it with Rip, Billups, Sheed.

Spurs have it with Duncan, Manu and TP.

Hornets have with with CP3, Peja and West.

Etc.

As is, the Rockets have Yao, T-Mac = the rest of the team. Scola is still progressing, and Shane isn't a viable 3rd scoring option.

With Billups + Prince, the Rockets will have Yao, Billups = The rest of the team. Prince can be a 3rd option, and Billups and Prince will give more output than what T-Mac alone brings.

But it's not really clear how MUCH better the Rockets are with Billups and Prince. Enough to coast to the Finals? Not likely. Same with a healthy Yao and T-Mac.

Which is why, even if the T-Mac and Yao combo doesn't seem to be working, you bite the bullet for two more years (the Rockets regardless, are a playoff team) and THEN cut ties with T-Mac.

The opportunities are really endless come 2010, options wise on how you want to move forward to the future with Yao as the centerblock.

The trade now, is nothing more then a short-term solution, that might not even be that much better then the current lineup. And if so, not THAT much better. Not a Pau Gasol to the Lakers type of reinforcement. Or a KG to the Celtics type reinforcement that puts the Rockets over the top.

Bite the bullet for two more years, and then go after one of the best young talents in the game, to team up with Yao.
Peja IS NOT dependable in the playoffs, thats when he puts on his disappearing act.

Stucky, Rip, TMAC, Maxiell, Sheed

or

Stucky, T-Mac, Prince, Maxiel, Sheed

I would pull the triger If I was Detroit

They need a shake up and maybe T-Mac can finally get out of the first round

Originally Posted by daprescription

The most notable involves another Warriors guard, Monta Ellis, who is a restricted free agent and, according to multiple sources, has a desire to play in Mike D'Antoni's system. A person with knowledge of the situation said a sign-and-trade is a long shot, however, because a third team would have to be involved to make the deal work for both sides. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers are in hot pursuit, just in case Warriors executive Chris Mullin decides to trade Ellis. NY Newsday
that same exact article comes up every week
laugh.gif
smh.gif

seriously
sick.gif

Nets sign Najera & Hayes.

[h1]Add Two More[/h1]
By FRED KERBER

ORLANDO - Eduardo Najera and Jarvis Hayes are coming as the NetsNew Jersey Nets
t.gif
' makeover continues.

The Nets have reached an agreement in principle with both forwards - the 6-8 Hayes with a two-year deal (the first year guaranteed) for $3.9 million and Najera for four years and about $12 million.

The sticking point with the 6-8 Najera - who turned 32 today -- was a fourth year but both sides ironed it out before team brass left here following the Nets' conclusion of a 4-1 summer league week. Najera went to dinner with the Nets execs here Thursday night.

Team president Rod Thorn, who maintains no deal is ever done until signed, sealed and physicaled, acknowledged how the two could help the Nets.

On Hayes: "He can make shots, he's a two-position player."

On Najera: "Great attitude, good lockerroom guy. Tough, can play multiple positions."

The addition of the two forwards give the Nets 15 guys and virtually dooms the possibility of Bostjan NachbarBostjan Nachbar
t.gif
returning. Nenad KrsticNenad Krstic
t.gif
now becomes more than ever a likely piece in a sign and trade. The Nets also will look for a 2-for-1 type trade.

And they remain in the market for a veteran point guard.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Stucky, Rip, TMAC, Maxiell, Sheed

or

Stucky, T-Mac, Prince, Maxiel, Sheed

I would pull the triger If I was Detroit

They need a shake up and maybe T-Mac can finally get out of the first round

It's a good deal for both teams really, in the short term.

But the key here is, T-Mac's number comes off the books in 2010.

Stuckey is shaping up to be the real deal, and so is Maxiell.

Come 2010, just two years away, T-Mac's number gets wiped off, and the Pistons can start to build around that duo.

And in the short term, T-Mac does not make the Pistons worse then they are. They're still viable out East with T-Mac.

I could see why Detroit wants T-Mac.

But for the Rockets, you do the deal, and the pressure is on to win with Billups and Prince.

Pressure is on to win with the Rockets now, but keeping T-Mac to 2010 leaves the Rockets with alternative plans. A fall out plan to blow things up. Billups and Prince leaves the Rockets cap strapped for the next 4 years.

And true, about the draft stuff. Rockets really thought they could win with Yao + T-Mac, and opted to add a veteran piece, instead of waiting for Gay todevelop. This would be moot though, as, the Rockets really wanted Brandon Roy, who they thought was the most NBA ready available player at the time (he was)but Portland snatched him up like a spot or so ahead of where the Rockets picked. ..which led to trading away for Shane.

wow magic roster

PG- Nelson
SG- Pietrus
SF- Turky
PF- Lewis
C- Howard

yeah they will definitely have a really good team next year. i think they will compete for the #2 seed. as much as i hated pietrus in terms of beingboneheaded (stepping out of bounds 7 times a game, committing 3 fouls in 1 min of play, etc.) I wouldnt be suprised at all if he took this opportunity andreally ran with it. He had a stretch of about 10-15 games towards the 2/3 point of the season where he was KILLING it for the W's.
that same exact article comes up every week

Yeah stop posting that crap.
sick.gif
Then again half the articles in thisthread are double or triple posted...

Dammit Mullin!! Sign Monta and Andris already! "Our #1 priority is to re-sign Monta and Andris" and yet we sign Maggette and Turiaf before them
smh.gif
.Hurry up and sign these guys just to dead these rumors already and give us Warrior fans some piece of mind
mad.gif

rashard is not a PF. nor is turkoglu. neither is a SG either. they're both 3's and nothing else which i've seen put them at a disadvantage againstteams with good 4's and 5's.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Milwaukee Bucks centre Andrew Bogut will sign a US$72.5-million, five-year extension later this week
eek.gif

That's a typo right?

eyes.gif
No it's not.

So Bogut is getting an average of 15.5 million over the next 5 years? He's not even a top 10 (maybe even 15) big man in the league.
smh.gif
What the hell do these GM's smoke on?

A 22 year old center who averages 15 points, 10 boards, 2 blocks and a steal per game? Yea that's about the going rate. He may not be in your top 15big men in the league but his stats say he's the 2nd best center in the league or 4th best if you think Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan are centers.

if your not a big market team u need to stop throwing that in 2010 we will have cap space" crap out. half them players will proably resign with thereteams before then anyways. if im the rockets i do that trade TODAY. prince and billups and big time players them 2 and yao would win come playoff time unlikechoking %$% tmac has done down there. and for the pistons as much as i get on Tmac a change would proably do him good and a bunch of vets around him that havebeen to battle before would help him come clutch time.

If we get a second confirmation on this report, then the Knicks are officially insane.
Sports Illustrated reports that the Knicks are unwilling to trade the offensively gifted Randolph for what would amount to a salary dump of the final three years of his contract. The Clippers' proposal would not provide comparable return on talent.

Really? Comparable talent? It's Zach "I suck the spirit out of the Vatican" Randolph we're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom