Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Knicks have rejected a proposal from the Clippers to trade power forward Zach Randolph, league sources told SI.com.

Terms of any proposal were not known, but the Clippers have enough salary-cap space to accept Randolph's contract without having to give the Knicks equal salaries in return. The Clippers, seeking to replace the departed Elton Brand, were trying to take Randolph off the Knicks' hands while offering little more than cap relief to New York, the sources said. Randolph will make $14.7 million next season, and he has three years and $48 million left on his contract.
roll.gif

Kidd/Barea/McLeod
Terry/Stackhouse/Green/Jones
Howard/Singleton/Wright
Dirk/Bass
Dampier/Diop
Terry won't start... I'm hoping Rick will go more conventionally and start Antoine Wright at the 2 spot... Bring Terry, Stackhouse, Green,Bass, Diop (or Damp, whichever doesn't start) off the bench... With Rick in town, I hope guys like Eddie Jones don't find a spot in the rotation thisyear...

Did Singleton and McLeod both ink contracts already? I thought they were putting them through summer leagues first? They've spoken real highly of Singletonthough since he got back from overseas... Maybe he'll be able to contribute...

The Knicks have rejected a proposal from the Clippers to trade power forward Zach Randolph, league sources told SI.com.

Terms of any proposal were not known, but the Clippers have enough salary-cap space to accept Randolph's contract without having to give the Knicks equal salaries in return. The Clippers, seeking to replace the departed Elton Brand, were trying to take Randolph off the Knicks' hands while offering little more than cap relief to New York, the sources said. Randolph will make $14.7 million next season, and he has three years and $48 million left on his contract.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

TRADE THIS BUM PLEASE
mad.gif

A team source indicated today that the Pistons are not "remotely" close to a deal for Houston Rockets superstar Tracy McGrady. Metronews.ca, which is based in Toronto, said in an Internet report - but cited no sources - that the Pistons are "making a big push for McGrady." Detroit Free PRess

GM Rod Higgins arrived and watched the Friday practice. He said they remain committed to re-signing restricted free agent Emeka Okafor. "Our intentions haven't changed," Higgins said. "It's just going at a slow pace." Higgins said they would have internal discussions on whether to match an offer from another team. ... C Alexis Ajinca (shoulder) missed his second straight practice. AP via Globe and Mail

Walt "Clyde" Frazier and John Starks both spoke out yesterday in support of Marbury, whose future with the team is in question. Thanks to his tumultuous 2007-08 season, the arrival of new team president Donnie Walsh and new head coach Mike D'Antoni, and the signing of free-agent point guard Chris Duhon earlier this week. "I think Steph still has some game," Frazier said. "I think he can still help them. Hopefully they feel that way as well. He's gotten a lot of bad rap about how disruptive he is on the team, players don't like him, but when you play the way he does--100 percent--that's what players respect." NY Post

Privately, Marbury desperately wants to stay and has done everything to ingratiate himself with D'Antoni, including showing up first to Vegas, along with David Lee. "It's a system my game is built for," Marbury said. "To have the opportunity to play in the system is definitely gratifying." NY Post

The Utah Jazz currently have three point guards under contract for the 2008-09 season. In the unlikely scenario they decide to carry a fourth court general on their roster, it will not be Dee Brown. The Jazz, according to a team source, will not match the Washington Wizards' offer sheet Brown signed earlier this week. Utah has point guards Deron Williams, Ronnie Price and Jason Hart on the roster for next season. Deseret Morning News

The message board scuttlebutt claimed that J.J. Redick, frustrated he's never going to get to play with the Magic and again demanding a trade out of Orlando, had cleaned out his locker at the team's headquarters. That rumor actually found its way to Redick, and he got a hearty chuckle out of it. And following a two-hour weightlifting session Friday at the Magic's headquarters, Redick stressed that he indeed still has an occupied dressing stall in the Magic locker room. "Yeah, I saw that," he said, "and I got a good laugh out of it." Florida Today

The latest from the Ron-Ron show: he's decided to change his name. OK, so technically he wants to go by his middle name of William. The thinking? Since Ron Artest is back to getting so much negative media coverage, maybe going by Bill - as he requested to be called - could give him a fresh start. Never a dull moment. Sacramento Bee

If they are to convince the Lakers to take back forward Kenny Thomas in a deal in which Artest would be LA-bound and Lamar Odom would come to Sacramento, they need Turiaf to head for the Bay Area. The Lakers are already near the luxury tax and not looking to go any further, and they may buy into the logic that Thomas - who turns 31 on July 25 - could provide quality defensive-minded minutes off the bench just like Turiaf did. Sacramento Bee

If not, they'll hope to make something happen with someone else. Among the teams I've been told to keep a serious eye on in the Artest sweepstakes: Dallas, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Charlotte. I often wonder about Toronto as well, but have yet to hear anything substantial on that front. Sacramento Bee

Nets: Acquiring Nuggets center Marcus Camby, whose contract conveniently expires in 2010, remains a possibility. Nets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe traded for Camby and Najera when he was in Denver and could help reunite the two here. Bergen Record

Patrick O'Bryant: The Celtics signed the seldom-used 7-foot, 250-pound center yesterday to a two-year, $3 million contract, according to an NBA source. O'Bryant is expected to back up Kendrick Perkins. Boston Globe

The Celtics had interest in other free agent centers, such as New Orleans's Chris Andersen, Indiana's David Harrison, and New York's Randolph Morris, but O'Bryant impressed them during a workout July 4. Celtics general manager Danny Ainge doesn't expect to sign any other big men. It seems doubtful that injured center Scot Pollard will be re-signed by the Celtics, and P.J. Brown is expected to retire. Boston Globe

Former Arizona recruit Brandon Jennings is expected to sign with a European-based agent as early as Monday, get an American-based marketing director for sneaker company deals and secure a contract with a European or Israeli team within the next two weeks, Jennings' advisors told ESPN.com Friday. Sonny Vaccaro, who is acting as an advisor to Jennings and his mother, Alice Knox, said Friday that he will meet with Jennings Sunday in Las Vegas, where he will attend the NBA summer league. ESPN.com

Chris Mullin may not believe his own rhetoric about Monta Ellis. The buzz in Detroit is that the Warriors and Pistons have been talking about a deal involving point guard Chauncey Billups. The Pistons want Andris Biedrins, the Warriors are offering up Al Harrington. Harrington by all means. But Biedrins? No way. Oakland Tribune

Billups has been mentioned in a number of trade scenarios this offseason - for Tracy McGrady, for Carmelo Anthony, for a possible lottery pick - so a fresh one to the Warriors is certainly plausible. Hard to see Billups in a running style, though, and he will be 32 in September. That said, he would be much preferable to Ellis at the point, and a significant recoup, at least temporarily, for the loss of Davis. Oakland Tribune

I can confirm the SI.com story about the Knicks-Clippers talks involving Zach Randolph. Sounds like a stalemate for now, but it's so early in the summer. The Clippers have other options to consider, but none of them put up the numbers that Randolph puts up. They have plenty of cap space so making a trade is not an issue. They'll probably look at what is available before getting back into Z-Bo talk. NY Newsday

You would think Donnie would move Zach without hesitation, but he apparently was the one who declined. Curious. I'm trying to find out what the Clippers offered -- there's very little on their roster and, as you guys have already noted, Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley both expire by 2010. But, again, the salary doesn't need to match in this case so that's not a concern. NY Newsday

The Knicks, with an eye on being in the same position by 2010, would not accept contracts that go beyond that year in return for Randolph, who averaged 17.6 points and 10.3 rebounds last season. He was acquired from Portland by Isiah Thomas on draft night in 2007 for Steve Francis and Channing Frye. NY Newsday via Arizona Republic

It is believed that Walsh was hoping to pry Eric Gordon, the seventh overall pick in the NBA draft, as part of the deal. That move seems unlikely, but it is expected that Walsh will talk again with the Clippers, who also are participating in the NBA Summer League here. NY Newsday via Arizona Republic

The source said Walsh has been "very active" in trade discussions and is "looking at these types of transactions constantly." Marbury also is brought up in trade discussions, but most teams interested in the 31-year-old point guard would rather wait for the Knicks to buy him out of the final year and $21.9 million left on his contract, then tender him a veteran's minimum contract. NY Newsday via Arizona Republic

It appears Manu Ginobili could be leaning toward playing in the Olympic Games after all. After struggling all summer with a jammed left ankle that cast his availability for Argentina's national team in doubt, Ginobili told reporters in his home country he was optimistic he would be able to play next month in Beijing. San Antonio Express-News
Roger Mason, a 6-foot-5 guard, was introduced as the newest member of the Spurs on Friday, two days after agreeing to a two-year contract. The deal is expected to pay him roughly $7.5 million - or more than three times more per year than he would have made had he said, "yes" to the Spurs last summer. "It was tough," Mason said of his previous decision to rebuff the four-time NBA champions. "I just knew that, with all the time I spent in the gym, if I got a lucky break, an opportunity, I'd be able to show off a little bit more." San Antonio Express-News

Wizards: The team got its first look at point guard Dee Brown, who signed a two-year partially guaranteed contract yesterday. Brown, who appeared in 49 regular season and eight playoff games with the Utah Jazz during the 2006-2007 season, played in Turkey last season and is thrilled at the prospect of getting back to the NBA. Brown, who will be introduced to Coach Eddie Jordan's system during summer league, said he drastically improved his outside shooting and playmaking skills in Turkey last season. Washington Post

The first game for the Detroit Pistons in the Las Vegas Summer league started off with a Amir Johnson foul on the defensive end and a Rodney Stuckey 15 foot made jumper on the offensive end. Throughout the game Johnson continued to pile up the fouls and Stuckey the points in route to a 84-73 Pistons victory against the Los Angeles Laker summer league squad. First let's talk about Rodney Stuckey. He picked up right where he left off last season, driving to the basket at will. Stuckey finished with 21 points(shooting 10 free throws and making 9), 5 rebounds and 4 assists. He showed an improved jump shot and that he is capable of dominating the game with his aggressive style and ability to finish his shot. Michigan Live

It had to be frustrating to Joe Dumars, who was in attendance for the game, to watch the Amir Johnson show so much of the skills that Dumars knows he has and then in the next instant look absolutely lost and committing a foul. This is only the first game of the summer league, so Johnson still has some games to adjust. But he is going into his fourth NBA season and must start clicking with how the game is supposed to be played. Michigan Live

One NBA scout believes Michael Beasley showed the talent and toughness it takes to be one of the league's most productive forwards next season. Another team executive with Hall of Fame credentials said point guard Mario Chalmers' performance underscored why many evaluators think the second-round pick will prove to be the steal of the draft. Based on the early results, Beasley and Chalmers met expectations in their first NBA tests. Beasley put the finishes touches on a painfully productive week with 25 points in 28 minutes during the Heat's 74-69 loss to the Magic in Friday's finale of the Orlando Pro Summer League. Miami Herald

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif

So happy we got rejected and didn't offer up EG23
happy.gif

Why in the hell would you not dump that contract if someone was willing to take it? Randolph is their biggest contract, runs beyond the window in whichthey're trying to get under the cap, and doesn't fit D'Antoni's system at all...

They're probably just playing hard ball for the sake of it... I can't see any reason to refuse a salary dump and demand equal talent in return...

I can confirm the SI.com story about the Knicks-Clippers talks involving Zach Randolph. Sounds like a stalemate for now, but it's so early in the summer. The Clippers have other options to consider, but none of them put up the numbers that Randolph puts up. They have plenty of cap space so making a trade is not an issue. They'll probably look at what is available before getting back into Z-Bo talk. NY Newsday

You would think Donnie would move Zach without hesitation, but he apparently was the one who declined. Curious. I'm trying to find out what the Clippers offered -- there's very little on their roster and, as you guys have already noted, Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley both expire by 2010. But, again, the salary doesn't need to match in this case so that's not a concern. NY Newsday

It is believed that Walsh was hoping to pry Eric Gordon, the seventh overall pick in the NBA draft, as part of the deal. That move seems unlikely, but it is expected that Walsh will talk again with the Clippers, who also are participating in the NBA Summer League here. NY Newsday via Arizona Republic
He had a chance to draft Gordon.

Is Isiah Thomas still running this team?

laugh.gif

The message board scuttlebutt claimed that J.J. Redick, frustrated he's never going to get to play with the Magic and again demanding a trade out of Orlando, had cleaned out his locker at the team's headquarters. That rumor actually found its way to Redick, and he got a hearty chuckle out of it. And following a two-hour weightlifting session Friday at the Magic's headquarters, Redick stressed that he indeed still has an occupied dressing stall in the Magic locker room. "Yeah, I saw that," he said, "and I got a good laugh out of it." Florida Today
Well you know what I got a good laugh out of?
two-hour weightlifting session

Well,

Walsh has 2 years to deal Z Bo...as after this year and maybe even the next his contract will be more appealing due to when it expires.

Also, perhaps he plays well and can deal him at the trade deadline or in the off season to a desperate team.

Sure, I woulda got rid of him ASAP too....but it's not like this is the only opportunity to get rid of him.

I would take Mobley and the 2nd round ideally.

Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace wasn't surprised his name was in trade discussions. In fact, he figures most every name on the roster is in play. The Bobcats talked to the Toronto Raptors leading up to the draft about a deal that could have involved Wallace and then-Raptors point guard T.J. Ford. The Raptors instead moved Ford to the Indiana Pacers in a deal for Jermaine O'Neal. Charlotte Observer

James Posey: The 11-year NBA veteran is seeking at least a four-year contract worth the mid-level exception. He opted out of an option year of $3.2 million to become an unrestricted free agent. "He's a big priority for us for the offseason. We hope that he decides to come back. He was a big cog, and we definitely want him back on our roster," Allen said. For the Celtics last season, Posey averaged 7.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game. His career averages are 9.2 points, 4.9 boards and 1.8 assists per game. Boston Herald

"You've got to understand the position Pose is in," Paul Pierce said. "I mean, he's 31 years old, and this is probably going to be the last contract he's going to get, so I guess he's looking for a little extra security - maybe a little more than we're willing to give him. But hopefully we can retain him and he can look at what we offer him as a sense of security." Boston Herald

The most likely scenario, I'm told, is still signing one of the top "restricteds" (as the GMs and agents like to call them) to an offer sheet. According to NBA front-office sources, L.A. has expanded its list of restricted candidates beyond Smith and Charlotte's Emeka Okafor to Chicago's Luol Deng and, yes, Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala. ESPN.com

Yet we repeat that the Clips, fearing an offer to any of them would be matched, might ultimately decide that it's better use their cap space to absorb a veteran's contract. New York's Zach Randolph has already been mentioned as a possibility, but there are more appealing names that could be available and have to be investigated first. Just to name two: Miami's Shawn Marion and Detroit's Rasheed Wallace, whom Dunleavy has coached before. ESPN.com

An informal survey of team executives and agents here in Vegas has turned up pretty much no one who thinks the Lakers will match the four-year offer sheet worth an estimated $17 million that Ronny Turiaf has signed with Golden State, as much as the Lakers went into free agency hoping to retain Turiaf and Sasha Vujacic. ESPN.com

Word is L.A. believes that any fears about Artest's reliability can be assuaged by the fact that Phil Jackson would be coaching him and that Kobe Bryant would be his teammate.
Kobe and Ron-Ron share a mutual respect that suggests no threat to the Lakers' pecking order. ESPN.com

Insists one source close to the process: "[Lakers owner] Jerry Buss actually likes Ron Artest's game and his personality."
ESPN.com

Not totally sure yet how to interpret this one, but sources say that Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf is personally handling contract negotiations with Deng
and his new agent (Jason Levien) after Reinsdorf informed Bulls GM John Paxson that he wanted to directly negotiate with the Deng camp along with Bulls director of player personnel Gar Forman. ESPN.com

You haven't heard much about the Cleveland Cavaliers in free agency so far -- and at least one source close to the process believes they're out of the Posey running even though he's an Ohio native
-- but here's one thing you can almost guarantee about the Cavs' summer: Daniel Gibson is as unlikely to move as any restricted free agent on the board. The reason: LeBron James is a huge Gibson fan. ESPN.com

Question: What are your thoughts in your future with the Kings? Ron Artest: No comment. Q: If you could be with any team next season, who would it be? Artest: No comment. Q: Have you asked the Kings for a trade? Artest: No comment. That's too many difficult questions. Sacramento Bee

George Hill, the combination guard from Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) almost certainly will be on the opening night roster. In a rare show of confidence, Popovich asserted that Hill will be Tony Parker's primary backup and make the Spurs better, at both ends of the court, "right off the bat." Like Hill, Spurs second-round picks Malik Hairston and James Gist are 22. Popovich says he thinks both players are good enough to make the Spurs' 15-man roster. Ian Mahinimi, 18 when the Spurs made him the 28th pick of the 2004 draft, also will be in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. San Antonio Express-News

Everyone beyond Vince Carter, Devin Harris and the new guys are available so make an offer and try to avoid the Christmas rush. The Nets truly want a combo guard and Keyon Dooling would be wonderful but he is pricey. If the Nets can move some parts, maybe they can work something out. Dooling and Lawrence Frank are tight and Dooling also played for Brian Hill in Orlando. NY Post

And after watching his draft picks excel in Orlando during the summer league, Rod Thorn acknowledged that Brook Lopez could be competing for a starting job. Looks like only three guys are viewed as starters: Devin Harris and Vince Carter in the backcourt plus power forward Yi Jianlian (obviously subject to change). NY Post

Kings: There's little they can do about the perennially second-rate Brad Miller, who drew a five-game suspension this week for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. They re-signed guard Beno Udrih. They have to trade Ron Artest, immediately, but if it turns out to be for the Lakers' Lamar Odom, that won't make even the slightest impact. The Lakers can't wait to unload Odom before he lets them down again, horrifically, in the biggest games. San Francisco Chronicle

Quentin Richardson has shed about 10 pounds since April,
not counting the emotional anvil he dropped after walking away from another depressing Knicks season. Training camp was overshadowed last fall by a sexual-harassment trial involving Coach Isiah Thomas and point guard Stephon Marbury. The season was quickly ruined by a feud between the same two people. NY Times

Quentin Richardson arrived in Vegas, about 15 pounds lighter than when the season ended and with a shaved head. Richardson admits he played last season too heavy and that may have been why he had no legs on his suddenly errant jumper.
I remember vividly last July Quentin coming to summer league following his surgery and talking about having no pain in his back. But the inactivity led to weight gain. NY Post

Mike D'Antoni had not seen Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks' first-round draft pick, play in person until this weekend. Gallinari, a 19-year-old from Italy, made a quick first impression. "He can play," D'Antoni said enthusiastically. He was impressed with Gallinari's toughness and his athleticism, two qualities that are not often associated with European players. But D'Antoni seemed most impressed when Gallinari, in the middle of practice, suggested running a play for a teammate, because that teammate had not touched the ball in six possessions. D'Antoni also said he was "extremely pumped up" about the potential of Wilson Chandler, the Knicks' first-round pick in 2007. "He's got a lot of skills," D'Antoni said. NY Times

Knicks: What you saw last season and most of the Isiah coaching era was the result of a thin playbook. By last season, a few Knick players told me they weren't even running plays anymore. (As if we couldn't tell). The Knicks would come out of timeouts and literally it was get Jamal the ball and get out of the way. The D'Antoni philosophy, which Weber is trying to instruct over three days, is based on constant ball movement. When the ball stops, a shot must go up. It's that simple. Pass and move, pass and move until there is a shot. And usually that shot opportunity comes quickly if the passing and moving is done right. NY Newsday

Sean May has seemingly spent the past three years on crutches and the target of fat jokes. He's undergone three knee surgeries, ballooned to nearly 300 pounds and has played in only 58 of the Charlotte Bobcats' 246 games. And after undergoing a risky microfracture procedure in October, there were questions whether the 13th pick in the 2005 draft would ever play again. AP/Arizona Republic

But after spending 14 weeks on crutches, May's recovery reached a milestone a few days ago when he began running. He took part in conditioning drills during a minicamp practice Thursday night, and May is certain he'll be ready for the start of training camp in the fall. Really, he is. "Without a doubt. As long as by mid-August I'm full go, that will give me a good month, month and a half to really get at it with the team," May said after a workout at UNLV's Cox Pavilion. "I don't want to have any restrictions during training camp. I'm sure they'll monitor me a little bit and probably safeguard by not doing two-a-days and whatever. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't want it to be, He's not ready yet.' " AP/Arizona Republic

Since winning his first NBA title last month, Ray Allen said fans remind him daily of the franchise's first championship in 22 years. "It's great anywhere out there walking during these past couple of weeks," Allen said. "Sometimes I forget what I'm doing because, yeah, you might see 20,000 in the building, but there's millions of people on the outside who watched us, so anywhere around America I've been, people have been great." Allen hasn't had a problem celebrating the Celtics' championship win over the Los Angeles Lakers in a celebrity golf tournament field that includes Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Charles Barkley, Tony Romo, Lawrence Taylor, John Elway and Ray Romano. Boston Herald

One thing that won't change for the Celtics is the Big Three. Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce will return to try to lead the C's to a second straight title. "It's been great, and we look for many more years together," Allen said. It was discovered during the NBA Finals that Allen's 17-month-old son, Walker, has diabetes. That diagnosis has changed Walker's life, the Allens' parenting and the family's diet. Boston Herald

Sean May has seemingly spent the past three years on crutches and the target of fat jokes. He's undergone three knee surgeries, ballooned to nearly 300 pounds and has played in only 58 of the Charlotte Bobcats' 246 games. And after undergoing a risky microfracture procedure in October, there were questions whether the 13th pick in the 2005 draft would ever play again.
tired.gif
I thought this kid would be solid for years.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Sean May has seemingly spent the past three years on crutches and the target of fat jokes. He's undergone three knee surgeries, ballooned to nearly 300 pounds and has played in only 58 of the Charlotte Bobcats' 246 games. And after undergoing a risky microfracture procedure in October, there were questions whether the 13th pick in the 2005 draft would ever play again.
tired.gif
I thought this kid would be solid for years.

laugh.gif
i knew chubby would be a bust, dont know what anyone saw in himhonestly.

Originally Posted by hdogg523

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ill take mcgrady in mia... the rockets can take marion and haslem

no its alright you can keep them

That's a steal for Houston if it weren't for Marion asking for such a big contract. Marion ~ Tracy, and Haslem is the best role playing PF in theLeague IMO (before you get all hyped up about it, Dirk, Elton, Amare, Bosh, etc. do not count, they're not role players).

I'm still
eek.gif
@ the fact the Knicks used a top 5 pick on a player,they've never seen play before.

Bulls should make an offer for Tmac, giving up anyone but Rose.

That's an interesting proposition. If they could keep Tyrus+Rose+Gordon, and offer Deng+Nocioni+Noah and whatever else it takes to get it done, that wouldbe a great tandem to grow a team around.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by hdogg523

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ill take mcgrady in mia... the rockets can take marion and haslem

no its alright you can keep them

That's a steal for Houston if it weren't for Marion asking for such a big contract. Marion ~ Tracy, and Haslem is the best role playing PF in the League IMO (before you get all hyped up about it, Dirk, Elton, Amare, Bosh, etc. do not count, they're not role players).

marion is a glorified role player son, he isn't equal to tracy.
roll.gif
can marion lead the rockets without yao to a 60%+ winning record the past 2 years? yao has missed around 60+ games the past 2 years and houstondoesn't miss a beat.

Back
Top Bottom