Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Kwame's contract isn't so great but I think he can help the Pistons.

They need someone with bulk and size to play defense against teams like Boston and Cleveland in the East. They were getting killed by Perkins in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Funny...the biggest two busts of the past decade have both played for the Detroit Pistons.

Ricky Davis in LA isn't a bad look either if he's coming off the bench.

laugh.gif
and they both played TOGETHER last year in Memphis.

Damn I forgot all about that
And they both play the same position.
laugh.gif

Clearly the Pistons were looking to fill the hole they created... ... ...

... ... ... when they got rid of Darko, and the hole they need to fill is 'overpaid big man who will play limited minutes for us and be the butt of manyjokes.'

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

After everything that happened with the wiz and in LA, I hope he can actually prove some people wrong.

I'm far from a [SAS] KWAH-MAY BROWN [/SAS] fan. But yeah, it would be nice to see the kid finally do good for once.
And I don't know about youguys, but I see this as maybe a precursor to a possible Sheed trade.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

After everything that happened with the wiz and in LA, I hope he can actually prove some people wrong.

I'm far from a [SAS] KWAH-MAY BROWN [/SAS] fan. But yeah, it would be nice to see the kid finally do good for once.
And I don't know about you guys, but I see this as maybe a precursor to a possible Sheed trade.

If true, they better get a good scorer in return.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

And I don't know about you guys, but I see this as maybe a precursor to a possible Sheed trade.
I agree this could spell the end for Sheed after that KG love thing in this years playoffs.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

oh yeah, trade Sheed cuz you pick up Kwame Brown, thats a solid replacement
laugh.gif
The Pistons are looking to rebuild anyways they could move Sheed to clear some cap space for some FA signings.

BTW Sheed>Kwame if no one knew that
roll.gif

laugh.gif

They don't trade sheed because they picked up kwame. Kwame gives them a big body. They want to move in a different direction and maybe kwame could be alittle piece of that puzzle that could help them ship out sheed.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Kwame > Ronny Turiaf

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I think your playing...if not please explain.

[h1]After hearing offers from Europe, Vujacic signs deal to return to Lakers[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: July 28, 2008, 7:24 PM ET

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Had it been strictly a matter of economics, Sasha Vujacic would have left the Los Angeles Lakers to play in Europe.

Turns out Vujacic's decision was based on more than just the money.

3844.jpg

Vujacic

"I'm glad it worked out. Tough month," Vujacic said Monday at team headquarters after signing a three-year, $15million contract to return to the Lakers. "The only thing I can say is I'm happy to stay in L.A., I'm happy to stay with the Lakers. That was myfirst option. It would be hard to leave."

The 24-year-old Vujacic, who agreed to contract terms last Friday, averaged a career-high 8.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.0assists in 72 games this season, and 8.1 points 2.2 rebounds and 0.8 assists while playing in all 21 playoff games.

"I thought he had a wonderful year this year," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We're hoping hecontinues to develop."

The Lakers made Vujacic a $2.6 million qualifying offer earlier this month, but negotiations weren't progressing veryquickly and agent Rob Pelinka spoke with European teams, as well. Pelinka said Vujacic could have earned more by accepting a three-year contract offer to playabroad.

"He was [offered more], you have to look at the taxes," Pelinka said. "The opportunity there was morelucrative. His heart was here. Throughout all the conversations, he made it clear if there was a way to get a fair deal here, that's what hewanted."

Vujacic, a restricted free agent, could have signed an offer sheet with another NBA team and the Lakers would have had theright to match it. Had he signed with a European team, the Lakers would have had no such option.

"I'm glad it worked out and I'm looking forward to next season," Vujacic said. "Now, I can clear mymind a little bit. I know where I'm going to be for the next three years. It's great.

"I'm a gym rat. I'm in the gym all the time. Next year, I want to be better than I was in the previous season.That's my goal."

Josh Childress announced last week he was leavingthe Atlanta Hawks for Greek club Olympiacos, reversing the course of the many internationalstars who have signed with the NBA. Agent Jim Tanner said Childress was guaranteed about $20 million after taxes, and that Childress could opt out of thecontract after each year.

Other players have left NBA teams to go abroad, as well.

"Europe has always been a player in basketball," Kupchak said. "They've never really measured upfinancially. In the last two or three weeks, there have been some significant signings. I'm sure it was a real option."

Vujacic said he spoke with most of his teammates during the past few weeks.

"Kobe [Bryant] called me the first day and thelast day," Vujacic said. "It was pleasant conversation, it was positive. The last thing we said was, 'Let's win thatchampionship.'"

The Lakers made Vujacic, a 6-foot-7, 205-pounder from Slovenia, the 27th overall pick in the 2004 draft. He averaged 2.9points in 35 games as a rookie, 3.9 points in 82 games in his second professional season, and 4.3 points in 73 games in 2006-07.

Kupchak said he expects Andrew Bynumto be 100 percent healthy when training camp begins in two months. Bynum didn't play after injuring his left knee on Jan. 13. The 20-year-old centerwas in the midst of a breakout season, averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots, when he was injured.

"I think if we were to start out the season with this team, we would be very happy," Kupchak said."We only have 11 players under contract. If there are many minutes left in the frontcourt, Chris Mihm would get those minutes. With Sasha back, we have four players in the backcourt wecan trust. We look to fill out the roster."

Under contract for next season are Bryant, Vujacic, Bynum, Mihm, Pau Gasol, LamarOdom, Vladimir Radmanovic, Luke Walton, TrevorAriza, Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar.

Philly signing Kareem Rush is a good look. Dude is a sniper, and can free up EB42 down low.

Good look in Denver RB.

there's no reason why Kwame Brown isn't rotting on a bench somewhere in Europe. i can't understand how any NBA team could still throw money athim...let alone $8 million

Kwame is BBBBBBBBBBBBBBaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

laugh.gif

I'm saying... Maxiell... Dyess... Kwame...
I think Detroit has some solid bigs. Adding Kwame allows them to move Sheed.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

What's up with Louis Williams and Andre Iguodala

Stefanski said he will match any offer but if Iguodala is looking for that max deal I hear a sign and trade will happen.

Last year against the Pistons in the playoff show why Iguodala isn't a max type of player, dude showed up in how many games? 1 and that was ablowout

As for Sweet Lou I hope we re-sign him to a long-term deal, I really like how he's starting to get minutes and showcase his talents

Back
Top Bottom