Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Aaron Goodwin has been an agent for 22 years.
He said he reminded Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry recently that he negotiated contracts with his father, Bob, back in the day.
All he wants to do now is sit at the negotiating table opposite Ferry and actually negotiate a contract for point guard Delonte West.
West, a restricted free agent, flew to Cleveland days after the summer league in Las Vegas and met with Ferry and Cavs assistant general manager Chris Grant.Goodwin said West expressed his desire to play for the Cavs.
"He wants to play in the NBA and for the Cleveland Cavaliers," Goodwin said.
When the free-agent period began, Ferry and Goodwin decided that they would let Grant and Noah Croom, who works for Goodwin Sports Management in Seattle,negotiate a new deal. Goodwin and Croom flew to Cleveland early in the process to outline parameters of a contract.
With one month of the free-agent period now in the books, Goodwin said he believes the Cavs are low-balling West.
"They said, 'Take the deal we've offered or we'll go an alternate route,' " Goodwin said. "They won't negotiatefairly."
According to a league source, the Cavs have talked to Philadelphia 76ers guard Louis Williams, another restricted free agent. Williams, 21, is a 6-foot-2,175-pounder who averaged 12 points for the Sixers last season.
He has reportedly turned down a contract starting at $3.9 million from the Sixers.
The Cavs signed fellow restricted free agent Daniel Gibson to a five-year, $21 million contract. The first year of the deal starts at $3.7 million.
Goodwin said the Cavs have offered slightly more to West.
"They made an offer to Delonte for around what they got 'Boobie' to sign for," Goodwin said. "Chris Duhon got $5 million-plus, and hemight not even start (for the New York Knicks). All the comparables that we showed them doesn't matter to Cleveland.
"They keep saying how much players want to play with LeBron (James). That doesn't work with Delonte."
Goodwin said the Cavs told him they have five or six players who are all around the same level playing-wise. So, he said they want to keep all of those playersat the same level contract-wise.
"It doesn't work that way," Goodwin said. "Delonte is their starting point guard. He has to play offense and defense. He has to play defenseagainst guys like (Washington's) Gilbert Arenas.
"I think he's hard-nosed, gritty. He can help that team. It's not apples for apples."
A league source said Boston and Miami have approached the Cavs regarding sign-and-trades. The source said they were turned down by the Cavs.
"To quote another team, 'Why should we negotiate for the Cavs?' " Goodwin said. " 'If we make an offer, all they'll do ismatch.'
"Teams hide behind the first refusal clause - the right to match anything. Other teams see value in West, but Cleveland doesn't."
A source said West wants a five-year contract. The Cavs have offered several options, including a four-year deal with the final year a team option.
One source doesn't think West should get the full mid-level ($5.6 million) in the first year of a possible deal. But the source said he thinks West shouldbe in that range and average $5 million over the course of the deal.
Reportedly, the Cavs are not in that ballpark.
If things break down, Goodwin said his client will play for the qualifying offer of $2.7 million and become an unrestricted free agent after the 2008-09season.
"If he gets a good deal, we'll do it," Goodwin said. "If not, we'll take the qualifying offer."
Goodwin and Croom, the lead negotiator in this ordeal, have spoken to teams from Europe, including Dynamo Moscow in Russia.
Playing overseas, though, doesn't appear to be a viable option. Goodwin said he wants to get a fair deal for his client with the Cavs.
"The ball is in their hands," Goodwin said. "If they go get someone else, the hand is set. If we sit down and work something out, we'll getsomething done. We are not posturing. That's where he wants to be."
"Quit telling us these bluffs. Sit down and negotiate a fair deal. They are making offers not far off the qualifying offer."
Goodwin said he normally doesn't comment on negotiations, but he felt compelled to do so with the way the Cavs are handling negotiations.
"I felt I needed to comment so the Cavs' fans don't think we are being unrealistic and don't know the market," he said. "We want tobe fair."
Ferry said he is not allowed to comment on negotiations as per league rules.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Ricky Davis in LA isn't a bad look either if he's coming off the bench.

He'll be part of our bench mob that's for sure
smokin.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
theres only one real bench mob in LA, go to Anaheim or some +%#! buncha bums
We'll see who's bench really has the bums dumb *#!%
rtmjx0.gif

damn chill. you look like you purposely want to get banned?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Ricky D aint that bad his attitude is another story though. I'm excited about him coming off our bench.

you are excited for ANYBODY the clippers sign...

get off my daddy sack and worry about azibooty you LAME
i guess you got a new name approved huh?

As for the Balkman deal, I like it. He was the odd man out in NYC with Chandler and Danilo here, so the Knicks received 2 non-guaranteed contracts they canwaive (about 1.5M), cash consideration, and a 2nd round pick for 2010 (which makes two). We WOULD have a 1st round pick as well but PHX has it from the Marburytrade, gotta love Zeke.

Nenad Krstic fell off hard.

I remember people were considering him to be one of the better big men in the league.

There were teams that showed interest in Krstic throughout the process. The Grizzlies, Bucks, Cavaliers, Heat and Bulls were among them. Memphis, Cleveland, Miami and Chicago were some the Nets had discussions with Monday, but were unable to work out anything.

At one point, the Grizzlies were offering a package that included either Kyle Lowry or Javaris Crittenton. Since the Nets already have 15 guys with guaranteed contracts taking back players becomes difficult because they would have to make more roster moves or buy out someone. Both could happen before the summer is out anyway.

So, they lost Kristic for nothing when they could've got Lowry or Crittenton back?
laugh.gif
I think Kristic was on his way back to becoming one of the better big men inthe league.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

There were teams that showed interest in Krstic throughout the process. The Grizzlies, Bucks, Cavaliers, Heat and Bulls were among them. Memphis, Cleveland, Miami and Chicago were some the Nets had discussions with Monday, but were unable to work out anything.

At one point, the Grizzlies were offering a package that included either Kyle Lowry or Javaris Crittenton. Since the Nets already have 15 guys with guaranteed contracts taking back players becomes difficult because they would have to make more roster moves or buy out someone. Both could happen before the summer is out anyway.
So, they lost Kristic for nothing when they could've got Lowry or Crittenton back?
laugh.gif
I think Kristic was on his way back to becoming one of the better big men in the league.

when was the last time that guy was even fully healthy ?

smokin.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
rtmjx0.gif
Naw man I'm not trying to get banned but any Laker fan that wants beef over nonsense deserves to get stepped on.

smokin.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
rtmjx0.gif
Naw man I'm not trying to get banned but any Laker fan that wants beef over nonsense deserves to get stepped on.
and how exactly are you gonna step on us? you gonna put that foot through the computer screen?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
I think Kristic was on his way back to becoming one of the better big men in the league.

when was the last time that guy was even fully healthy ?

The 05-06 season when he played 80 games. He was averaging 16ppg and 7rpg in the 06-07 season til' he was out for the rest of the season after 26games. In the 07-08 season, he was pretty healthy with the exception of December and January where he missed all the games in those months.

smokin.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
rtmjx0.gif

Unacceptable, either way.

Suspended. See you in a week.

was gonna post those but too lazy, and you should just go get the pics off of yahoo since those dont have watermarks

Originally Posted by Respect21

Nenad Krstic fell off hard.

I remember people were considering him to be one of the better big men in the league.

co-sign.

dude looked like he had major potential. i remember him going on a long stretch of double-doubles... some games shootin lights out, 65% from the field...goin20 and 14 boards... i used to be like
eek.gif
who the hell is this dude?

then the next season, i picked him up as a backup center for fantasy...dude fell off HARD... i was waiting patiently for him to just get ONE DOUBLE DOUBLE...his stats put me to sleep, cut him instantly... couldnt believe how quickly one dude could fall off.

Hope he does well in europe tho.

Back
Top Bottom