Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

^yeah, but paying prolific combo guards is different from paying solid bigs it feels in today's league. bigs are more of a premium.

that said, i don't think Deng deserves franchise player money either. not that he isn't good nor dependable, but i don't see him as the face ofthat franchise or their franchise player.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

AI aint getting traded

YOU'RE WRONG!

frown.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

The nuggets would be plain ******ed to trade AI for anyone on that rockets roster less than Yao or McGrady.

we can only hope they are
laugh.gif

Dont worry, they are. Hopefully they pull the trigger too. Get Bubba Chuck out of there.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Deng is definitely worth that deal. He averaged 17 and 6 and is only 23 years old. Much better than that Biedrins deal.
cmon. biedrin's deal is 6/54 without incentives. deng's deal is 6/70 without incentives.

do you know wanna with incentives?

biedrins: 6/63.
deng: 6/80.

rethink your statement. that is just an absurd amount for a player like deng. and i like the guy.

23ska909red02 wrote:
Where's this Iverson stemming from?

An nt'er posted this in this thread on the last page. He said its all over the rockets message board. Just a rumor.

Ska, i posted the Iverson rumor... it was all over clutchfans.net...

Then like 30 minutes after i posted the rumor here, the Artest thing came out of nowhere... so i doubt any truth to the AI thing now...

p.s. the rockets got Sean Singletary and Patrick Ewing Jr. also in the trade... but both are probably getting waived.

T-Mac makes 18 mil a year..Yao makes almost 14...Artest makes almost 8 million..Iverson makes 19 million...NINETEEN MILLION..So if they were to keep Iverson atGuard with Alston startiing as PG, Alston makes 4.5 mill a year...Their starting lineup alone would be getting paid almost 64 million dollars...Some entireteams don't even get paid that much...If you think that AI trade is still possible then u lost ur mind..There is a such thing as salary cap/ luxury tax..Ifthey were to pickup Iverson they would become the Knicks of the west (in terms of salary, not talent)

Also, Nuggets are in the same conference as the Rockets so to give another team that much of an edge in their same conference, even for cap room would just beidiotic...When the Celtics got stars, they were smart enough to look to the West bc they know its easier to get a star sent from a different conference asopposed to getting it from a conference rival...KG-Western team...Ray Allen-Western team...Sam Cassell (even tho he didn't do crap)-Western team..It'sjust common sense

The Rockets are also expected to acquire rookies Patrick Ewing Jr. and Sean Singletary in the deal to make the money match, but both have partially guaranteed contracts and are likely to be released. The Rockets will also send the Kings roughly $1 million.
Sorry, Joka.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Minnesota re-signed Ry Gomes.

deng is not a 70 million dollar player. those players don't deactivate at 17 points. bulls overpaid cause he bluffed them. at least you know bg can get you40+. I think pax is banking on Rose's play making deng raise to all star level. the nba gms overpay regularly. oh and I am Bulls fan tired of thebull------.

The Knicks reportedly prefer to trade Marbury and get something in return, rather than releasing him outright.

smh.gif

- Ok, who the hell will be dumb enough to trade for Steph when they know damn well that the Knicks don't even want him around? On top of THAT, why the hellwould the Knicks want to even take on more contracts (cuz there's no way they are getting back another player who's contract is expiring for Steph).
This franchise continues to suck.

- I agree about Deng's deal. How do you give a mentally-fragile guy that type of deal? More than Monta?? You guys were saying that Bogut/Okafor/Biedrinsgot big money because they are Cs and there's a lack of quality Cs in the L right now. Well if Deng is getting just about what all of THOSE guys got, thenthe Bogut/Okafor/Biedrins deals are already looking mighty good.

- And what's IguoDOLLAR gonna command now??
eek.gif

On a side note, the XX3's look smooth with this uni.

777eb5d9d5356e6768e69336bed24a6c-getty-82057005jdg028_rookie_shoot.jpg

And the XIIIs never looked better.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

9673bd8eed6efc994f698cea638bcb95-getty-82057005nsb010_rookie_shoot.jpg

6d345084e8a3f4af76854a7236ca5442-getty-82057005fm008_rookie_shoot.jpg

OJ killin it with the yellow...
pimp.gif

b95291d3ce8146935105fd196dd934cb-getty-82057005fm030_rookie_shoot.jpg

Originally Posted by Bigtomdawg

Deng is the real deal. the second best high school player after lebron that year
the third best player behind lebron and chris paul, unless you mean back then.

[h3]http://rimshots.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/29/suns-kicked-tires-on-childress/[/h3]
[h3]Suns kicked tires on Childress[/h3] [h4]July 29th, 2008, 4:20 pm · Post a Comment · posted by jerrybrown[/h4]
The Suns confirmed a SportingNews.com report that the Suns did make inquiries about a possible sign-and-trade deal with the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Childress before he decided to leave the NBA and sign a deal in Greece.

The Suns did have the $8 million trade exception from the Kurt Thomas trade with Seattle to work with (which expired on July 21), but the deal almost certainly would have included either Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw in an attempt to balance the contract and keep the Suns from taking a further luxury tax hit.

But Childress was looking for a contract similar to the one he got in Greece (well in excess of even the nearly $7 million a season offered by Atlanta), which was more than the Suns had anticipated. And the Hawks appeared to have little interest in a sign-and-trade deal, figuring they were still in the power position to sign the restricted free agent with the number of NBA teams with cap space shrinking around the league.

The Suns are still waiting and hoping that Goran Dragic will be a Sun this season, but could make a move involving another point guard soon. The list of free agents still out there ranges from Sam Cassell to Carlos Arroyo to Jason Williams to Shaun Livingston. Both Arroyo and Williams are said to be drawing interest from Europe, while Livingston has yet to be cleared to play basketball as he recovers from a catastrophic knee injury that has kept him sidelines for the last 17 months.

Back
Top Bottom