Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Gordon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Ehh, D-Wade is not a legit superstar IMO.

Maybe the media like him or something, but if Kobe/LeBron/Duncan/Melo, etc. had a team that was as bad at that team last year,
they wouldn't have seen the end of it on ESPN and the internet. True superstars don't let their team be THAT bad

Don't give me any of that tanking bs, they didn't start going into full tank mode until Pat Riley starting scouting college players instead of coachinn

his team was doing bad and he was injured...he tried to come back to early and give them a lift but all he did was hurt himself and the team more by notbeing full recovered....

so your saying he is not a superstar for having a bad season playing injured last year???

Originally Posted by igotthatjuice

this guy chris broussard just said bynum, pau and kobe is a better three than Tmac yao and artest ... i have officially heard it all from the guys espn pays to talk about sports

It's kinda close though.

Yao > Bynum

T-Mac < Kobe

Gasol = Artest, IMO.

Gasol is a skilled big man no doubt, but, I think once you get in his head/get physical with him, you can take him out of his game. Sorta like what KG did. Artest gives up height, but he can body Gasol to try and prevent him from getting deep position. And whatever height Artest lacks on the defensive end, hemakes up for it on the offensive end, as, Artest has SG skills and quickness to beat Gasol facing the basket.

What's more important is the Rockets have two guys who can play top notch D out on the peremiter, or, they could double down on Kobe, with Artest andShane alternating. That's tough.

I'd take Shane + Brent Barry + Landry off the Rockets bench then any three from the Lakers bench, though. Yes, bias.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Dwyane Wade said today that he is "angry," and plans to play that way in the upcoming Beijing Olympics. The Miami Heat guard said he is angry about those who have questioned his fitness, those who debate his value to the U.S. team, and those who equate the Heat's drop in the standings to a supposed decline in his ability at age 26 (as well as those who continue to run tired pictures of Wade being carted off in a wheelchair). "That's going to be like that probably all year, for a while, just that anger, that focus of getting back to total respect," he said this morning by phone before joining his Olympic teammates at practice in Macau, China. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Son is gonna have a big year.

pimp.gif

Won't matter....they probably won't win more than 40 games...if that.

Originally Posted by franchise3

this guy chris broussard just said bynum, pau and kobe is a better three than Tmac yao and artest ... i have officially heard it all from the guys espn pays to talk about sports

It's kinda close though.

Yao > Bynum

T-Mac < Kobe

Gasol = Artest, IMO.

Gasol is a skilled big man no doubt, but, I think once you get in his head/get physical with him, you can take him out of his game. Sorta like what KG did. Artest gives up height, but he can body Gasol to try and prevent him from getting deep position. And whatever height Artest lacks on the defensive end, he makes up for it on the offensive end, as, Artest has SG skills and quickness to beat Gasol facing the basket.

What's more important is the Rockets have two guys who can play top notch D out on the peremiter, or, they could double down on Kobe, with Artest and Shane alternating. That's tough.

I'd take Shane + Brent Barry + Landry off the Rockets bench then any three from the Lakers bench, though. Yes, bias.
laugh.gif

I have to agree with the exception of the bench comment
laugh.gif
. That'sa maybe.

Tmac will match Kobe tit-for-tat in scoring, even if his defense is nowhere near the caliber of Kobe's. Yao will demolish Bynum unless he gets in foultrouble and Gasol is mentally weak. Even though Artest wouldn't be guarding Gasol all game long, he does have somewhat advantage over him just becausehe's physical. If you're physical with Gasol, he will cave in.

Dwyane Wade has shaved his head and won't let his hair grow out the way Vince Carter and Gary Payton did during the Sydney Olympics of 2000.

Vince was a beast when he grew his hair out

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Dwyane Wade said today that he is "angry," and plans to play that way in the upcoming Beijing Olympics. The Miami Heat guard said he is angry about those who have questioned his fitness, those who debate his value to the U.S. team, and those who equate the Heat's drop in the standings to a supposed decline in his ability at age 26 (as well as those who continue to run tired pictures of Wade being carted off in a wheelchair). "That's going to be like that probably all year, for a while, just that anger, that focus of getting back to total respect," he said this morning by phone before joining his Olympic teammates at practice in Macau, China. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Son is gonna have a big year.

pimp.gif

Won't matter....they probably won't win more than 40 games...if that.

They'll be at least .500, which is a hell of a lot better than 15 games. We still need 1 more piece anyway.

and WADE > MELO

Why yall *substitutes* acting surprised ? I like Melo's game but he is not a superstar.

The NBA-Euro exodus continues ...
By J.E. Skeets

I'm trusting The Sport Count's Babelfish skills here, but MetroNews Italia is reporting that 40-year old, six-time All-Star, and baby-makin' machine (
roll.gif
roll.gif
)
Shawn Kemp has been offered a contract by Italian club Premiata Montegranaro. So, for those of you with your "NBA-Euro Bingo cards" out at home, that brings the list of players to have signed or be considering a move overseas to: Childress, Garbajosa, Delfino, Nachbar, Krstic, Brezec, Landry and Delonte West. Hopefully Reignman completes that elusive "X" you're gunning for.

I'm sorry but if andrew comes back strong this is true lakers 3 > rockets 3

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

I'm sorry but if andrew comes back strong this is true lakers 3 > rockets 3
yao >>> bynum.
artest > pau for the simple fact he's tougher
kobe > tmac

and let's not forget also battier there to contain kobe.

Back
Top Bottom