Sleep Pattern

School is about to start and I just can't seem to fix my sleep pattern.

Sometimes I wake up as early as 7am or as late as 2pm.

The amount of sleep I get seems to range between 4-12 hours.

I can't be the only one
frown.gif

I was on a bad sleep schedule for the whole summer. Going to sleep at 9am or later.
The best way to get into a semi-regular sleep schedule is to stay up all night into the next day and go to sleep at 11pm or so, and just wake up at 7-8am. I have to correct my sleep like every month or else I start going to sleep later and later.
Or are you having trouble staying a sleep?

my pattern is also screwed, like today slept at 4 am last night, woke up at 7am for school and then I gotta go to work
frown.gif

You have to understand it will hurt to actually change your sleep pattern. You have to focus and fight through the grogginess and general lethargy for days. It's not just a switch. A lot of people fail to grasp this.

I've been waking up at like 6 every morning feeling super refreshed. So I go back to sleep because I don't have to be up until 9, and when I wake up at 9 I feel tired and I'm dragging. I just don't get it

I have lost all ability to sleep. Up at 5 am for work each day. I try to go to bed at 9 or 10 but i can't sleep through a full night. I wake up routinely at 3am then roll around for a bit. Finally fall asleep around 4 alarm goes off at 5.

Forever tired

Same here. Forcing myself to get up at the earlier time a few days in a row usually helps me get back on track.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

I was on a bad sleep schedule for the whole summer. Going to sleep at 9am or later.
The best way to get into a semi-regular sleep schedule is to stay up all night into the next day and go to sleep at 11pm or so, and just wake up at 7-8am. I have to correct my sleep like every month or else I start going to sleep later and later.
Or are you having trouble staying a sleep?
I have done that a couple of times.

It felt like once my head hit the pillow I was NEVER going to wake up again.

I've been traveling to a different city at least every 2 weeks since April for leisure and work.

I recently spent time in Europe for 10 days and that totally destroyed any semblance of a schedule I had. I try my best to keep on pacific time but it's been killing me when I have to travel from LA--> NY-->Chi--> SF--> Boston (where I'm currently at). Being between different time zones every week doesn't help. Hopefully I can get a normal schedule once all this travel ceases. Many people have recommended sleeping pills but I'm not inclined to do that because of the level of addiction associated with them.

I've also never been able to go to sleep before midnight PST since I was 14 which causes large problems when traveling out of the PST time zone and wanting to spend time with co-workers/friends on the east coast. Being out at 10 PM EST wouldn't be so bad if i didn't go to bed at 3am and have wake up at 7am.
frown.gif

any tips on jet lag?

I start school after labor day. I'm from california and go to school on the east coast.
So I'll be going 3 hours ahead. It's gonna suck, I have an 830 class 4 days after I arrive, so it's basically waking up at 530. I've been home for 4 months.

My sleeping was messed up for so long, i'd be up online till like 4am and back up for work at 6
Now I am in bed by 11 during the week, at first it was impossible, now its cake!

Pull an all-nighter, or force yourself to get up at 730 or whatever time.. dont lay down, or even get comfortable until the night. Clean the house or something to stay awake... Make sure you get up and go to sleep at the same time each day..

Dont do anything on your bed other than sleep. I used to eat, watch tv, go on my laptop on my bed. Once I stopped it was easier to fall asleep because you train your brain that when you are in bed its time to shut down.

Back
Top Bottom