Sleeping Tips?

I don't think I've slept more than 3 full nights without taking something in the last 3 years. Most of the time I'll wake up 1 time, but it usually takes about an hour or longer to finally fall back. I tried many things:
- no tv in bed, 1 hour before I go to sleep.
- I don't drink anything 2 hours prior to trying to sleep.

I'm not expecting anything, but I don't think it can get much worse...

if by not taking anything you talking about :smokin

it takes a while for your body to adjust to not smoking before bed. trust me you will get use to it though and should get into a normal routine with time.

Last edited:
Pills were the only way I was sleeping before, but I'd feel like a zombie all day so I stopped taking them.
May try the zzzquil. I'm mainly trying to sleep good without taking anything.
My bed is fairly new, so I don't think that's the problem. Somebody gave me one of the stay cool pillows or something that they bought off this commercial. They paid like $60 :smh:, so I don't think that's the problem either.

Last edited:
are you stressed or depressed? 

Anything going on in your life?

You live w/ a girl , alone a family or room mate?

Are you hydrated enough?

Are you on team nofap? A you not smashing?

Last edited:
Head on the pillow, close eyes...see u in the morning. Feel bad for you guys with insomnia. I swear I can sleep almost anywhere at any time.
After sex fuhgetaboutit, might knock out before I can get my pants back on.

Sorry to hear that. I found replacing my mattress one of the best thing I did which contributed to better quality sleep. The king size I bought was around $700 with a pillow top and worth every penny. When I work out, play bball or something, I normally knock out right away. You sound tired already from lack of sleep the night before so waking up even earlier won't help. Hope you find a way soon. My mom has a similar problem and requires sleeping pills.

Head on the pillow, close eyes...see u in the morning. Feel bad for you guys with insomnia. I swear I can sleep almost anywhere at any time.
After sex fuhgetaboutit, might knock out before I can get my pants back on.
Man had OD insomnia in high school and can pretty much do exactly as you said once I hit college. Hell im tired right now, could easily lay down and end it.

Heavy sleeper too
mean.gif

I guess I'm just a lost cause.
I actually went to a sleep clinic thinking/hoping it was sleep apnea or something, but they said I was fine. As for sex, still can't sleep well. Girl eventually falls asleep and I'm still up :\.
Guess I'll just hope it changes one day.

I guess I'm just a lost cause.
I actually went to a sleep clinic thinking/hoping it was sleep apnea or something, but they said I was fine. As for sex, still can't sleep well. Girl eventually falls asleep and I'm still up
ohwell.gif
Guess I'll just hope it changes one day.
Im serious, you need to meditate.

Meditation wasn't what cured my insomnia, but even after I was rid of it it turned a 10 minute effort to sleep into about 1. Serious.

Edit: And that one minute is taking the time to get comfy and closing my eyes.

Last edited:
I was prescribed something for sleep, but I don't take it every night. To be honest, forgot I had it. I'm not 100%, but I think the doctor told me to not take them every night, but it's not like I can get worse. I'll try them for a week and see how the 2nd week goes.

Last edited:
Ambien in my hero. Tried one last week. Got to bed at a good time & woke up refreshed

Gonna go to my primary next week to get a prescription.

I've tried everything. I hadn't gotten to sleep before 2am in over a year. I takes me at least 30 minutes of laying in the dark.:smh:

Other than yambs, nothing but ambien will work for me

Last edited:
I have trouble sleeping too. DPH helps but I feel disconnected / like a zombie all day so I stopped taking it.

There is a certain "natural" remedy I use now, but I can't talk about it on NT 
ohwell.gif

I think we all know what it is though 
grin.gif

What time you usually go to sleep OP? Your sleeping schedule could be screwed up, ever try staying up 24hrs+?

I try to be in bed at 9. A problem, which I was told by a doctor, is that I have a tv in the room. I always turn it off an hour before I'm planning to sleep.
I actually tried sleeping at my moms house a couple times, no tv, and it was helping for a couple times. Unfortunately, I started waking up in the middle of the night so I stopped that.

I have trouble sleeping too. DPH helps but I feel disconnected / like a zombie all day so I stopped taking it.

There is a certain "natural" remedy I use now, but I can't talk about it on NT :\

I think we all know what it is though >D

the issue is you could be talking about two things and make complete

sense with either...except there's an entire thread about one so i guess

that only leaves...

:smokin

I think meditation would help you. Once you learn to clear your head and you're laying down, you should catch some z's.

Back
Top Bottom