Smart computer people I need your help (black screen of death?)

Its an acer laptop windows 8. I see the acer logo when I boot it but then it goes to a black screen with just the cursor. I can adjust the volume on this page as well as change brightness. However I cant access task manager. Any help?

isnt to get into safe mode f8? Ive been mashing f8 it doesnt work. I didnt make a recovery disk with acer yet, i am screwed.

sounds like maybe a hardware failure somewhere but I don't have much experience with win8

Do you have the disc it came with

bought this laptop 3 weeks ago smfh. No thers no cd drive on it. Ive tried mashing on f8 when i turn it on, no safe mode.

so its probably a virus. I was on a site then it stopped working. Noticed the internet browsers would keep saying "waiting for espn.com" when the internet was totally fine, other computers were ok. Then I turned it off, and now Im here.

Last edited:
bought this laptop 3 weeks ago smfh. No thers no cd drive on it. Ive tried mashing on f8 when i turn it on, no safe mode.

so its probably a virus. I was on a site then it stopped working. Noticed the internet browsers would keep saying "waiting for espn.com" when the internet was totally fine, other computers were ok. Then I turned it off, and now Im here.

Only 3 weeks ago?

Yeahhh, you need to return that ASAP for a refund or an exchange.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time with fixing it.

If you bought it three weeks ago, go get it refunded or fixed by the manufacturer for no charge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom