SMH I'm at school and just saw the Fila "America Cups".......why me?

First I would like to say yes this is post worthy and for the record they are that bad. I also will spare this NTer if he promises never to wear themagain.........ever.

roll.gif
I've yet to see some of those in person.

Seen them at finishline last week for the first time...jus smh an kept it movin..havent seen anyone rock them in person though..

Originally Posted by WWSyndicate

Somebody at Fila got a big raise this year, first gucci, then prada...LV your next!

LV just may be next for real
smh.gif
. Fila designers have no more innovative ideas...they're straight thieves

It's beyond me why people hate on these but popped boners over bapes.

Would you guys respect them more if they cost MORE than the pradas?

Fila knows there are enough idiots out there to buy these otherwise they wouldn't be in the store.

i still wear a cups but these really mess it up for cats who wear pradas. a cups is part of my clubbin kicks so its w/e now

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

have they been hit for copyright infringement yet?
didnt somebody say suttin along the lines of that a cup design fila bought it or suttin like that? prolly ducktales

That's the same thing I was thinking. If these were made by some fly by night streetwear company and went for $500 they would be"
eek.gif
" and "
pimp.gif
."

for some reason, this doesn't bother me all that much. don't really wear prada sneakers (all my high-end stuff is heels, casual/dress shoes),haven't worn fila in a good sixteen years. idk, pseudo-knockoffs aren't that big of a deal because a) i'm not wearing nice stuff for other peopleas much as for myself and b) when i do wear nice stuff for other people, the ones who matter will recognize and i don't have to worry about copycat brandsruining that.

every brand and their mother makes some kind of polo shirt, but lacoste and polo still reign supreme. you can get seersucker anywhere, but brooks brothers iswhere it's at. trenches? all over the place, but there's nothing like burberry. alden, johnston & murphy, and brooks brothers make bit loafers . .. but gucci loafers are still a must-have item for many folk. who doesn't make ugg knockoffs these days? if something's really a classic, itdoesn't matter who else makes it . . . the brand that made it iconic will most likely remain the most desirable.

but on the real: a cups are trash to me.

Originally Posted by JMaddness2345129

That's the same thing I was thinking. If these were made by some fly by night streetwear company and went for $500 they would be "
eek.gif
" and "
pimp.gif
."

Not really. I'm a fan of A-Cups and if another company, Gucci or LV stole that look I wouldn't be allover it. A-Cups is Prada's staple shoe. IfPrada charges $150 for these, or even $100, I would probably buy a load of them to last a lifetime. These Fila's are like fake Jordans, the only differenceis it's legally made and sold to the public. If Fila made an Air Jordan XI Concords replica and look real similar except for the Jumpman, would you guysbuy it even if it cost $50? I'll be surprised to see many people say yes.

its funny cause fubu ued to sell their a cups for 30, I seen a lot of people with them. my friend works in footlocker now and he tells me a lot of people askfor these filas. lol

I couldn't do it to my self, I'd rather pay the 300 extra and stick to my pradas

These Fila's are like fake Jordans, the only difference is it's legally made and sold to the public. If Fila made an Air Jordan XI Concords replica and look real similar except for the Jumpman, would you guys buy it even if it cost $50? I'll be surprised to see many people say yes.

Ok. I mean, I agree with you, that when one company copies another company's design it's almost like making fake shoes, but.......explain the BAPEphenomenon.

Bapes were just AF1's with a star instead of a swoosh, made in clown colors. Was the fact that a swoosh was replaced by a star enough to mean that theyDIDN'T copy the design? Because the rest of the shoe is identical. If we're saying that, then we're saying that the only thing that made the AF1special (as the #1 selling shoe in Nike's history) is the fact that it had a big swoosh on it.

good point Zen Baller.

i for one, never liked BAPE period. i think the price point attracted ppl to it. not everybody could get that until FAPE got OD.

Back
Top Bottom