Sneaker Hall of Fame

A new project I'm working on is a "Sneaker Hall of Fame". I wanted to ask everyone on here, if there was a "Sneaker Hall of Fame" - what type of elements would you want to see in the space?

_Displays?
_Fixtures?
_Story telling aspects?
_Videos / Photos?
_What else?

Most importantly:
_What kicks are Hall of Fame worthy?

photos most importantly with the history of the shoe...

this is a pretty interesting topic; we could start the Niketalk Sneaker Hall of Fame...I'd be down

we could set up rules have voting on it

Make a Shelve that securely hangs the shoe like how a Hunter displays his prize games head. 
SHOE-CU-2.jpg

Like this with a Plaque next to it.

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SHOE

I think we start off with an e-hall of fame to start off and see where we can take it...I volunteer to be on the committee and help assist

I say we start out with a 2012 class...what you think OP? this is your baby

The actual shoe framed on the wall like above^ ,  picture of their player next to them if they're a player series (I.E. Jordan next to a pair of Jordans, Penny next to Foams).

History on the shoe, details of materials, release dates, what the players did in the shoes if possible, historic events with them, (I.E. Concords 2011 Riots / Craziness, Galaxy Foams)

All in a nice place to really show them off.
pimp.gif

Man all these 2005-present "sneakerheads" are really trying way to hard. Really a sneaker hall of fame? It's not enough to just like a some shoes now you have to let everyone else know that you are a "sneakerhead".

admission would be on a bracelet basis (limited to 50) and would cost $200 a visit. watch out for the resellers who will be outside being criticized but still getting business.

I don't see why it is such a bad idea? I think making displays is too much but having sneakers voted on each year and giving a little background and history
I think I have a different idea than OP; I am thinking a Niketalk e-hall of fame not an actual place you visit 

For some clarity on this project, this is an idea my company is actually in the early development stages with a major partner to make come to life. Think a BALLROOM x BLVD ICE pop up store aka "Hall of Fame"coming to life in an actual space...

The idea just sounds like more people trying to jump on he "sneakerhead" bandwagon and make money off of these hypebeast kids. How much more can this hobby be whored out before it just dies? Why would anyone want to go to a place to just look at shoes they can see all day online? The whole purpose of starting a business is to make money so how do you plan on doing that?

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

The idea just sounds like more people trying to jump on he "sneakerhead" bandwagon and make money off of these hypebeast kids. How much more can this hobby be whored out before it just dies? Why would anyone want to go to a place to just look at shoes they can see all day online? The whole purpose of starting a business is to make money so how do you plan on doing that?

Why would anyone go to any museum? I don't think he ever said this was going to be a business... 

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

Why would anyone go to any museum? I don't think he ever said this was going to be a business... 

Museum or business either way it sounds very lame.

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

Museum or business either way it sounds very lame.

This is the "Shoeseum" or basically a "museum of shoes". I would love to go there one day.. doesn't seem "lame" at all if you ask me.
pimp.gif

I'm sorry I have been buying Nike and Jordans since 1989 and that place looks very lame. I guess to younger kids who are new to all this it would be cool to see some of that stuff but his collection looks to be a bunch of newer stuff that he just buys to buy. That's not what this hobby used to be about. It use to be about buying what you like and proudly wearing them. That place just represents the new age "sneakerhead" who likes to collect and stare at their shoes and just buy anything Nike throws at us.

I'm sorry I have been buying Nike and Jordans since 1989 and that place looks very lame. I guess to younger kids who are new to all this it would be cool to see some of that stuff but his collection looks to be a bunch of newer stuff that he just buys to buy. That's not what this hobby used to be about. It use to be about buying what you like and proudly wearing them. That place just represents the new age "sneakerhead" who likes to collect and stare at their shoes and just buy anything Nike throws at us.

Are you @#$%$#% serious?

He has every single colorway and model of Air Jordans to come out from 1-2011.

Also he has enough Air Maxes to show the evolution on a single conveyor belt.

Air forces, Foams, Dunks all over the place. History of EVERY SINGLE MAJOR SHOE LINE is displayed in here.

"Newer stuff he just wants to buy"? You can't be serious.
eyes.gif

And just about all of it is from 2004-present. All those dunks, forces, air max and bball and training sigs are 95% retro's. Don't get it twisted he has some nice stuff in there but he said himself he just goes on eBay and buys up everything. Like I said to the kids now that is what makes a nice collection of kicks but im more interested in having pairs I like that mean something to me notmjust every Nike gimmick in the book.

And just about all of it is from 2004-present. All those dunks, forces, air max and bball and training sigs are 95% retro's. Don't get it twisted he has some nice stuff in there but he said himself he just goes on eBay and buys up everything. Like I said to the kids now that is what makes a nice collection of kicks but im more interested in having pairs I like that mean something to me notmjust every Nike gimmick in the book.

He has EVERY SINGLE MODEL AND COLORWAY OF AIR JORDANS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you know that there are colorways of Jordans that have not been retro'd.

..plus, he has them in multiples. I'm almost positive that he has OG, Retro, and re-Retro of every colorway and model. These are just the ones we see in the museum to have on display. Who knows what his personal collection looks like.
pimp.gif

I'm 99.9 percent sure that you're wrong that majority of those are retros. I actually think that most of those will probably be OGs with retros mixed together.

Also, he has every single pair that means something to him. He even has his own childhood dream car in that museum. Maybe the dude has love for sneakers past all of us that inclined him to do all this.

Back
Top Bottom