sneaker REHAB do you guys think their should be one

i got out the game for a few years ... and now i'm back in w/ the foam releases .... i pretty much gave up on JB ...

i'll buy a release or 2 here and there i guess but nothing like it was before ... i'm a recovering addict

Originally Posted by Diego

The General section of NT is sneaker rehab.
Very True 
juggy4805 wrote:
s2kray wrote:
General section = half way house

If your here your not in the nike/nike retro/Jordan forum. Congratulations on taking the first step.

True statement, the hype in those forums gets the best of us. Hype does kill!

When I use to lurk and even when I signed up to NT, I was always in the JB section. I was out every weekend, buying or looking at sneakers.
My girl hated that I was spending so much money on sneakers.

When I discovered the General section, I stayed away from the JB forum and found myself not buying as many sneakers as I use to.

I feel like I've accomplished something. Since 2008, I've purchased about 5 sneakers in total.

Every now and then I get tempted to buy, but I manage to contain myself come release day. 

I sold my shoes and bought a car
pimp.gif

I still have some goodies tho.

Real bills and growing up is rehab

OP do you work? How do you buy shoes?

I stopped when I had other more important things to buy.... and when JB quality went down you noob

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I swear it sounds like these kids get boners just thinking and talking about shoes.
roll.gif

I wouldn't say I'm an addict because I have self-control and I'm very strict when buying sneakers.

I spent 405 dollars on a pair of Air Jordan IIIs today -
smh.gif

This will be my last pair for a minute, I hope.

Not gon' lie. If there was one, I'd be in there.

Every time I log on, I go directly to TSG.com, KATC.com, Sneakerfiles, & KOF. I then, visit NT's Nike/Nike Retro section and remain on NT.

I can go on, but no hypebeast, just into that new feel, touch, smell.

Originally Posted by eight2one

my addiction was done once the bills/other priorities over took it.

+1

Also it got easier to fade out once I got to the point of having almost every pair I ever wanted.

^^yeah they worth like 200+ now
i work at a fast food joint
working through collage man
but forreal copping sneakers is like an enjoyment
waiting for release date or coppin before man
like seriously i enjoy collecting sneakers it gives me a hobby i can acually use not just make look pretty like a model car or something
ughh
Hi my name is SneakerJUNKIE i have been a Sneakerholic for 6 Years....

Man I wish I could get some dude at my house and sell them.  My wife won't let me.  She feels like its a peice of me that she was kind of attracted to when we met and it would be like selling a peice of myself. 

I haven't bought a Jordan shoe since the XX3.  All the retos are horrible now.....barely even bought any of the countdown packs and i will never buy fake Jordans so I never bought a fusion. 

Why you tripping over cement II's and IV's anyway?  You KNOW they are not going to be anything like the POG's in terms of quality or look....so why do you even want them?  They are basically fakes.

Like the other dude said, maybe Nike does something decent like foams or the Lebrons but once you get off the JB train, its pretty easy to let go of the rest.  Most Nike retros suck too.  Aggasi's anyone?  Those things were horribly done and bombed.

I've been off of the hype train for a few years now. I used to be in my local shop damn near weekly, if not to buy, to see what was new in there.

I haven't been to that place in months and when I did go I wasn't impressed enough with anything to even ask if they had it in my size. The last few pairs of shoes I bought were all Cortez SI (soft nylon) that were on sale for 19.99 on Eastbay.

Other than that, I wear plain black Jack Purcells and slim Rod Lavers.

Im on NT everyday and I havent even thought about buying a pair of sneakers in a long time.

Gettting old smh

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Man I wish I could get some dude at my house and sell them.  My wife won't let me.  She feels like its a peice of me that she was kind of attracted to when we met and it would be like selling a peice of myself. 

.  Aggasi's anyone?  Those things were horribly done and bombed.

i know what you mean i copped online and couldnt return them some of the worst retros to date
Aggasis where such an Iconic shoe no other tennis player has kicks close to his
and then they bombed them horribly
i been off Jb for awhile honestly its just foams and griffeys and some Og nike heat like
the Grails they keep you wanting to come back in the game to find them man.. thats where it hits hard

Originally Posted by HOVKid

eek.gif
sounds like a cool wife
but i mean, changing is a part of life too.
she wont let you sell them even if you changed your mind on the hobby?

HOVKid wrote:
I used to buy like 2 or 3 pairs of sneakers a month.  Then I got to the point when I had 175 pairs and still wore the same pair every day. 

I buy like 2 or 3 pairs a year now, just cause I always liked sneakers. 

The biggest thing that helped me was Jordan's quality going to garbage and limited editions.  I used to get really upset about all the resellers, etc that made it impossible to just walk in and buy a pair of sneakers when they came out (like I used to) but now I'm glad because it made me quit.

There was a time people made fun of me for how many sneakers I had.  Then everyone started doing it.  Around 2004, when everyone really jumped in, I pretty much got out.

Quoted for truth.

My sneaker addiction is kinda skewed.

Never been much of a hypester, but if its a shoe I really
like I have to at-least cop 2 pairs.
smh.gif

Own around 30 pairs of shoes, most are doubles.

At one point I got really bad too. Buying about 5 pairs a month and rocking absolutely none of them. I got up to about 60 pair I think.

And then it was weird, I literally woke up one day and was like "what am I doing?". I then hopped on EBAY and started selling. I didn't ever look back. The last pair of jays I bought were the 16s that came in that pack. They have always been one of my favs and I needed shoes to ball in.

^^^^ Thats funny too
laugh.gif
because back in the day the thought of ballin in jays was
smh.gif
. I remember I was in a 3 on 3 tourny and some dude was ballin in his DMP 11s
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. I literally almost passed out
laugh.gif
. But in reality, let the man live
laugh.gif
. He bought them so he can do what he wants with them.

It is just funny how life causes you to phase through things.
laugh.gif
I look back now like
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom