Sneaks Up 4 Custom Dunk

sneaks-up-san-antonio-4-1.jpg

sneaks-up-san-antonio-4-2.jpg

sneaks-up-san-antonio-4-3.jpg

sneaks-up-san-antonio-4-5.jpg

Paying homage to the Orchard St. custom dunk release from several years ago, the Sneaks Up crew has decided to have its very own custom Dunk release to build momentum for the Sneaks Up 4 event scheduled for Sunday, April 25th. No need to climb trees or telephone poles for this release; the appropriately titled “Dunk Hunt

instead of "paying homage" I wish they would have come up with their own shoe since the OS Dunks werent all that great either. Somethin more in tune with SanAntonio, or with Texas in general. Or if they really wanted to put a spin on the OS dunks, spun a lil harder and had characteristics of them, but still done somethin better

Very nice makeup Jake. Conn, it's base comes for a GR cw white/red.

^Thanks Fred. I always like seeing what it looked like prior to the customization....makes me appreciate the final product that much more.

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

^ Thanks G

EL - My apologies for not being a master customizer like yourself...

ohhhhhkay...if thats how you wanna take it, fine.
the comment wasnt really about the customization "skills" or technique, but if youre lookin for a pat on the back for gluing on denim swooshes and letters, you got that already.  Im bringing constructive criticsm to the shoes......my statement was more so about the theme/concept behind them.  Why pay homage to 2 already mediocre shoes?  why not really stand apart and do your own thing?  Something special.  The comment was directed at whoever decided to "pay homage" to the OS dunks.  

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

^ Thanks G

EL - My apologies for not being a master customizer like yourself...

ohhhhhkay...if thats how you wanna take it, fine.
the comment wasnt really about the customization "skills" or technique, but if youre lookin for a pat on the back for gluing on denim swooshes and letters, you got that already.  Im bringing constructive criticsm to the shoes......my statement was more so about the theme/concept behind them.  Why pay homage to 2 already mediocre shoes?  why not really stand apart and do your own thing?  Something special.  The comment was directed at whoever decided to "pay homage" to the OS dunks.  

As for the OS series being mediocre, that's your own opinion and I understand and value that and I do apologize for my comment. But after working the past few weeks on 6 pairs of these, I just didn't expect to get a negative comment as the first response and I did take your comment to heart coming from a respected custom shoe designer. True, no need to boast on how clean of a job I did because they technique is simple. By all means I would have done something extravagant and stand apart like you say but I did what fit within my means.

Considering OS, I value the ground breaking marketing strategy and simplicity behind it all. The group and myself agreed to directly derive the colors from the 2 OS dunks, add the denim and keep it simple. After all, I was on limited timing and we were on a limited budget to do the work, plus I'm a novice. Through out this entire process, I was learning what to do as I went. We couldnt get too deep into since it was just going to get given away and we get no proceeds from the show to top it off, we put it all on for FREE. We decided to adopt the "hunt" idea to give clues out via news, facebook and twitter on where the shoes were located. You find them, you get the left and redeem the right and the box at the show. The 6th dunk, not pictured, is slightly different and will get raffled off at the show.

Again no beef EL, I was just butt hurt... lol

I agree, although I didnt think much of the look of the shoes, I loved the concept behind the original OS dunks and having people hunt for them. Beautiful marketing, so in that respect, it makes sense that you'd play off their shoes. I just meant I would've liked you guys to have taken it a bit further and really made it more your own, even with keeping in contact with the original OS theme. Thats all I meant. Like maybe....how the green pair have the sections cut out? It woulda been dope to maybe do that, but cut it out in the shape of the state of Texas? or cut out a number for each pair 1 - 6? I dont know....just throwin stuff out there.
Youre never gonna really see me go in on another customizer cause I feel like customizing is a subculture within a subculture...a small fraternity of sorts, so I try to keep all my comments on the positive side and Im sorry if my comments came across as being negative. Im just REALLY passionate about it and its hard to convey tone through text.

^^^^^El, you don't want me to show Jake your custom on my AF2's do you?
wink.gif
. If you want to do a  redo, Lmk. Also, Jake is very sensitive. If I had a lick skill or talent to customize, sew, or even paint, I don't mind your opinion. Who wouldn't want it to look better or improve a project.

Back
Top Bottom