SNOWBOARD SEASON 2009/2010

Its that time of the year again, and if its raining in the Bay, then its snowing in Tahoe!

Need cheap lift tickets? skidazzle.com or go to one of the warren miller shows starting this week ( skinet.com/warrenmiller)

The best thing to do is get cheap lift tickets now, than wait until prices go up.

Need Cheap gear?

Try whiskeymilita.com or steepandcheap.com with hourly deals on snowboarding stuff.

Sierrasnownboard.com in Sacramento is probably the best place near the bay to get good stuff for cheap.

Since this is NIKETALK, here is what nike has planned for this year:

http://www.nike.com/nikesnowboarding/#/product-men

Here's what im riding this year.

pimp.gif

to a hopefully great snowboarding season.

might be going up to boreal this weekend...ill let you guys know how it is...ill post pics of my setup later when i get the chance

Originally Posted by Razorsharp510

damn where can i cop those af1 snowboots!!?.. price? those like nice

Supposedly nike is trying the nike sb approach for them, just go to the website, enter your zip code, and they will show you the closest place.

They are not sold online, so i think they are trying to build hype. On the snowboard.com forum, there was a post on how they were pretty garbage, even thenike rep said it himself.

Baydestrian, let me know how good the snow is out in boreal.

its going to be 80 degrees around the bay today, i dont think snow will be around anytime soon. =(

For the first time in 9 years, I missed last season, but hearing about how bad the snow was last year I didn't really miss much. Let's all hope thisseason brings in massive snow storms so we have good snow.

As far as Nike snowboarding goes. I was able to check out some samples over the spring. The Nike snowboarding boots don't fit well and if you have widefeet, they're going to hurt pretty bad. You're better off sticking with the brands who have been making snowboarding boots for years. The gear, on theotherhand, is moderately comfortable. The pants I tried on seemed thick enough to endure the rugged wear of a novice who constantly falls on the ground.Materials and contruction remind me of how Nike makes most of their ACG line - good quality overall wih rugged built in mind.

If some of you guys want a decent selection of gear, check out Sports Basement. They may not have a big selection as some other stores, but their prices andwhat they DO have will make any person content.

Boreal was ok for the only resort being open...snow was good some dirt spots but not on the actual run. 1 lift open 1 run open..a lot of terrain on the run tho

Dude I love the Nike Zoom Force Snowboarding boots (i have the black grays). Ofcourse I live in Santa Fe NM and we've only had one snow and have not beenable to try them on the slopes. I do like how they fit on dry land though . I might just rock them casually whenI'm off the mountain.

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

Boreal was ok for the only resort being open...snow was good some dirt spots but not on the actual run. 1 lift open 1 run open..a lot of terrain on the run tho
wow... that sucks...was it the run on the right that takes you to the top of the mountain?

^^ no it was the run that is almost directly in front of the lodge..its the run to right of the new lift (castle peak)..like where the mini halfpipe was lastyear that run

yo +%$ is goin on... when the hell is it gonna snow already. i got a 5 day trip booked for dec. 17-22 in south lake tahoe with a bunch of buddies and theresure as hell better be snow by then. i bought season pass to northstar and sierra and i wanna #%!*%@ use it already!!!!!!

Im going to the opening day for Northstar on Wednesday, hopefully its snowing and not raining.

Ill try to take pictures.

When it starts snowing, what's the best place to go up here in Norcal? I've never gone snowboarding btw.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

When it starts snowing, what's the best place to go up here in Norcal? I've never gone snowboarding btw.
i'd have to say squaw, northstar, and kirkwood. you'll have a good time boarding, i guarantee that.

Missed 3 Seasons....got married, had a child....now me and the wife are hyped for this season, can't wait.

Cris.

Where the mother $!%# is the snow!!?!?!? I'm gettin anxious! Check out Breck already!

Come on Tahoe, dooooo somethin!!

Never ended up going...

Northstar doesnt even open till this sat (depending on conditions)

I got surgery on my ankle so im out till January, but since there is not snow, im good
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom