Snowboarders Please Enter..

You can mess with the size. I should be a 158-159 but ill ride a 156 no problem.

Imma look for a used board this summer, whatever size (156-159) I can find for a decent price ill grab.

I wish I got one of these instead of burton white pro model last year, These guys are coming up, everyone who has one loves it. Handmade, three year warranty. Expensive and I never seen one on sale unless it's a demo board. You live in ny so few people have heard of them but out here in pnw those are the boards been used the most by advanced riders.

I absolutely hate Never Summer. They are such a boring company and seem to appeal the an older generation that I just can't get down with. Sure they are made in CO, but their graphics are terrible, not a fan of their camber profiles on most of their boards, and the people that back them are annoying as hell. The entire package with that company is just a huge turn off.

Was thinking about picking up either a Gnu Pickle or Lib Tech Skate Banana. I also thought about the Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro, but I don't think it's the board for me. Decided to go with Union Force bindings as well. I did pick up my boots a few weeks ago and went with the Salomon Synapse boots--so comfortable.

Looking to make the pick up today. Board and Bindings come out to $486.

What do you like about those boards? Where do you ride mostly and what terrain? fully rockered boards are fun in the park and powder but terrible if you are just riding groomers.

Also nice choice on Forces, I have had several pairs and riding them for the past 4-5 years, no matter what I try I keep coming back to them. Might have to try the new Contact Pros though since they are supposed to have a surfy feel which I love on certain days.

What do you like about those boards? Where do you ride mostly and what terrain? fully rockered boards are fun in the park and powder but terrible if you are just riding groomers.

Also nice choice on Forces, I have had several pairs and riding them for the past 4-5 years, no matter what I try I keep coming back to them. Might have to try the new Contact Pros though since they are supposed to have a surfy feel which I love on certain days.

I like the edge hold they have and the fact that they're going to be easy to initiate turns. I won't be on the park at all, I'll be bombing runs all day out on the east coast.

Whoever was thinking about a Burton custom. The board is fine but don't get their stupid binding system. My boy's comes loose every trip through the park or on any hard landing. They are garbage. Just get the og bindings and you're good. Plus you don't want Burton bindings anyways.

I think I'm about to swoop a Rome garage rocker this summer for next year :pimp:

Burton stands by their products so they will always fix them if they break. But for the price there are better brands.

Last edited:
I like the edge hold they have and the fact that they're going to be easy to initiate turns. I won't be on the park at all, I'll be bombing runs all day out on the east coast.

I know those boards have magna traction but if you are thinking a rockered board has great edge hold you are highly mistaken. Most edge control comes from the contact points, on a rockered board those are lifted and aren't in contact with the snow, especially on a groomed run. I would suggest checking out a cambered deck or a hybrid camber for what you are describing, will hold up a lot better for speed and turns will be much better.

If bombing runs all day is what you're into...the Travis Rice board would be a better choice, as opposed to the pickle or banana. Currently riding the T-Rice with some Forum Shaka bindings, and the board is a beast!!!! Def a "quiver killer"...board performs on groomers, ice, powder, park no problem. The banana and pickle will tend to be unstable if you try and go straight forward at high speeds...you'll always have to have either the front or back edge of the board down for it to remain stable.

Last edited:
sick.gif
why est?
all new burton boards are est only now 

Did not snowboard once this season... :\

Might pick up surfing, since it seems like winter doesn't exist in SoCal anymore.

i am 6-3 and i just started a year ago and moved in to the terrain park stuff. whats your goal if you like speed you want a longer board…tricks you want a shorter board. I began on a camber burton custom then switched to a rocketed burton custom and to me it was night and day difference in the handling. you catch edges easier on a cambered board which may help with stability in the beginning stages but if you want a little more play in your handling id recommend a rocketed board. BTW i both boards for me are 156

I'm a dominican in NYC who ***** heavy with snowboarding but none of my people mess with I t.

We east coast heads should get this poppin and meet up either lake placid or Vermont or whereever the slopes are great

Hit me up or post in here. Just a suggestion.

Noob question here, after about 12 years snowboarding I'm gonna try skiing this season name we have done it before... Is there a difference in clothing I have to wear?im gonna buy new pants then it hit me if there's such a thing called skiing pants and snowboarding pants.

Noob question here, after about 12 years snowboarding I'm gonna try skiing this season name we have done it before... Is there a difference in clothing I have to wear?im gonna buy new pants then it hit me if there's such a thing called skiing pants and snowboarding pants.

The only Technical difference I can think of is that many snowboard pants put the Ankle Gusset zip on the inside of the ankle. Because good skiers keep their boots fairly close together there is the potential for your ankles to catch or grab. With that said, Ive been skiing for almost 25 years, and I currently use a Burton snowboard pant with the inside style gusset and I experienced no problems last season. Another thing to consider is that many snowboard pants have cargo pockets. Skiers move their knees much more actively, so having gear in your pants might be annoying, but of course you can just keep them empty.

Beyond that, I think the only other difference between snowboard clothes and ski clothes is that if you dress like a sloppy boarder, you look extra ridiculous on skis. You'll end up looking like Henrik Harlaut which is bad for everybody.

Been out a few times this year. Every week. :pimp: been eating **** trying tricks I had on lock last season. :lol:

have been snowboarding about 3x.. and this last time i finally saw and improvement and fell in love. Want to stop renting my board/binding/boots.. any suggestions for a newb? any help would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom