Snowboarders Please Enter..

How do you stop ? I just keep falling every time to make it simple for me .. My body is all sore now though ..

Its all in the hips brother.
Just "carve" your way side by side and balance.

Man i havent boarded in almost 10 years , best times of my life up on the slopes, took a nasty jump and tore my knee up and ive never been the same.

miss that ****

What goggles are you guys using? Looking to replace my cheap Smith ones 
laugh.gif
 Maybe with Oakleys or Spy+ 

Man went for the first time earlier this month. Dying to go again. When's a good time to purchase gear and a board for next season? Thinking of just getting some now but don't know where to start.

Looks like you're from the Bay Area. Go check out Sports Basement. They should still have some boards from last season since it was a horrible year last year.

If you are in the bay,

I would buy your setup this season just cause we're suppose to have a great season.

Last edited:
Sports basement is clutch in the Bay.

As for goggles I have the Electric EG2 from a few seasons ago. When you buy goggles also note that the lens is important too. Some weather conditions are ideal for certain colours to help with your eyes. The orange lens usually can handle any and all conditions which is why they're found on the cheap goggles.

View media item 1852493
View media item 1852494
Mammoth had good coverage last weekend. Laid some fresh tracks and loved the borrowed Burton FA

Sick. We laid a bunch too. I'm a park rat and usually only ride man made snow since it doesn't snow here anymore. Waaaay different.

The house board shop is cool as hell. They are like a half hour from me. They stay plugging it. They ride like champs too.

Last edited:
Air blasters. You can do better but they were free. I really like dye.

I have been wearing Air Goggles forever. They rarely ever fog and do the trick. Can be had cheap and replacement lenses aren't breaking the bank either. Plus the Baker lenses with the double lenses are money, don't have to worry about scratching. And the rose blue chrome lenses are still the best storm/flat light lens I have ever tried, and that is what I wear 90% of the time here in the PNW since it is normally gray skies and dumping snow.

Have a pair of Smith Vice's on the way to try, wanted to switch it up and try something with a spherical lens and have heard good things.

Air blasters. You can do better but they were free. I really like dye.

I have been wearing Air Goggles forever. They rarely ever fog and do the trick. Can be had cheap and replacement lenses aren't breaking the bank either. Plus the Baker lenses with the double lenses are money, don't have to worry about scratching. And the rose blue chrome lenses are still the best storm/flat light lens I have ever tried, and that is what I wear 90% of the time here in the PNW since it is normally gray skies and dumping snow.

Have a pair of Smith Vice's on the way to try, wanted to switch it up and try something with a spherical lens and have heard good things.

Yeah man. I dig them. Mine never fog either. I roll with the yellow lenses so I can see where I'm going. I only really wear them when they are blowing snow here. They probably don't make snow where you are but those machines will blind you with snow.

I don't know how much they cost but I'm sure they aren't much.

Got up to 60 mph this weekend on my park board w/ rocker. :lol: they aren't meant for that. Every little bump you're in the air. Def would need another board if I was riding mountains on the regular.

Last edited:
^agree. New snowboarders can get super frustrated and it just ruins the whole day. It sucks for everyone too. That's not really something you learn with the whole squad. You just have to go out with another dude to help you who hopefully is a good teacher.
When I went the first time ever the other day , my friend nearly just abandoned me without telling me anything about how to start ..

Mt. Creek opens tomorrow for all the NY/NJ boarders. Wonder how icy and bad the conditions will be. :lol:

:wow: but at the same time i shouldnt be surprised. it was 75 like 2 weeks ago in nyc. still won't F with upstate or new england until winter decides to take a **** over the northeast.

..heard some mountains up north were going thru layoffs cuz of the slow season

Last edited:
Been planning a trip to snowboard w/ a bunch of friends. Need to take advantage of my seasons pass 

Back
Top Bottom