So, a cop tried to give me a ticket for riding my BICYCLE thru a redlight -_-

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Cmon fam, don't you know bicyclists have to obey the same laws as cars/motorcycles?
THIS. if i was a cop in chicago, i'd be handing out mad tickets to people on bikes.  they put other people in dangerous situations with no regard.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

lol henzo's a hipster.
Dudes in some denim capris on the fixed-gear with them rose colored Lennon shades smh

This dude 0cks
laugh.gif

Definitely see this a lot around campus and Gainesville in general, these cops around here don't have anything better to do though. You'll get ticketed for jaywalking and the streets are clear.

Cmon fam, don't you know bicyclists have to obey the same laws as cars/motorcycles?

no i didnt, its not common knowledge. 

so are cars allowed up bike trails? can bicyclists go on the freeway? do bicyclists have to do hand signs when turning? 

indifferent.gif
 cmon FAMMMMM not everyone knows that law. 

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

no i didnt, its not common knowledge. 

so are cars allowed up bike trails? can bicyclists go on the freeway? do bicyclists have to do hand signs when turning? 

indifferent.gif
 cmon FAMMMMM not everyone knows that law. 

Too bad ignorance of the law is not an excuse that cops accept.

I hate how everyone is whining that cyclists need to obey the laws of the road. Maybe we would if people driving cars viewed us as equals and no lesser. Everyone tries to squeeze by with no room and sees us as an obstacle. I stop at lights and etc and tryto stay toward the shoulder. I never ride on the shoulder because that is where all the road debris (rocks nails glass etc) are.

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

You should've made a video and posted it on YouTube like this guy.
I'd track him down and give him a ticket for being an idiot.

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

You should've made a video and posted it on YouTube like this guy.

Everyone please watch this had me :rofl:g. Haha the cop car at the end

I got a ticket for making a right turn through a stop sign without stopping on my bicycle the day after my 22nd birthday. The cop was sitting on his motorcycle and just yelled STOP!!!! I probably could have jetted but I immediately stopped. He asked why I didn't stop there, and I said because there were no cars in either direction and I am going to class. Gave me the whole lecture about how we have to obey the same rules of the road and blah blah, and even said, oh you had a birthday yesterday. Gave me the ticket - %@$% cost me $161.

Anyway - even after that I continued to run stop signs, because well - stop signs suck when you're on a bike. I probably have saved more than $161 in gas for all the riding I did to and from school and to and from work, so I guess it was worth it in the end, but it was still frustrating.

My favorite professor at school, an ex LAPD Lieutenant, said that it was a chicken %@$% ticket, and that he himself runs stop signs all the time on his bike. This happened just off of the UC Irvine campus. They eventually got rid of the stop signs and put in a traffic light. Before the 4 way stop it was a 2 way stop - they put in the 4 way because of how many accidents happened at that particular intersection.

i know in chicago its a law that if you ride your bike on the street your supposed to follow all rules of the rode a motorcycle/car would have to follow (including signally turns smh)

i never seen it or heard of it being enforced from anyone tho
edit yo that vid
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's all the hipsters fault smh

But I heard that some places in BK, especially the Jewish community have been against more biking lanes being put up in their area.

But I always thought it was common knowledge that cyclist have to follow traffic laws

Out here in LI, on the weekend you have these little Tour de France's going where these cyclist are rolling 20+ deep taking up the street. I have seen them follow traffic laws but if they are slowing down cars and holding up cars, can they get ticketed for that?

My brother's brand new whip (2011 toyota tacoma 4 door quad cab) got t-boned by a bicyclist that ran a downhill stop sign at about 30mph today. He hit the back end of my brother's car and flew over the truck bed and landed on the street unconscious... He is in the hospital right now and probably doesn't know what happened yet. The cops took the report and agree that the bicyclist is 100% at fault. I hope he is OK so he can pay for the damages
laugh.gif
. There are scuff marks, a huge dent, and the tail light is gone...

Be safe and follow the rules out there, bicyclists.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Henz0? hipster Cyclist? bwahah never thought I'd read that in the same sentence
i picture him more the dipset riding around on a dyno type biker.

For reals? I used to run them all the time (when there were no cars coming or theres no traffic at all). This one time, I think I ran one in front of a cop and he ain't give a damb
pimp.gif

This other time she decided to be slick and stopped me for not having lights.... when I was riding on the damb sidewalk
indifferent.gif

so running the red light on a bike is fair game for a ticket but they don't ticket j walking, so pick up ur bike walk with it if its clear than keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom