So a friend of mine is facing 21 years in prison...UPDATE: Convicted on all 3 counts, will serve 90

No surprise. Imagine that, if you catch what the pigs do on tape, you get the book thrown at you. What do they have to hide that they don't want it on tape? Police state becoming more and more apparent everyday.

You should explain to the community what a "police state" is because everyone thinks I'm nuts for claiming it's existence.

Awesome post, stay classy San Diego!!
Rashi, you mind if I put this on infowars?

Sure.

No he shouldn't. That's how they get a lot of people and from the sound of it they know they don't really have a case and offered him the 2yrs. Facing 21? of course they try to scare him.

OP will you please keep us updated on this case.

That's why he isn't taking the plea. People convicted of vehicular homicide get less than than the max he's facing.

I will update the thread. Jury selection was held today btw.

Freedom ain't free and if you've ever had to deal with matters in the Just-US system, you will see how corrupt it is. It's a flat out joke, at the end of the day they want your money and if you don't have any....they will gladly take your time and send you a bill upon your release for the stay.

The Police State of America has officially arrived. Self exile or ridiculous wealth is the only way to live peacefully now.

Stars often complain about photographers hounding them and about seeing their intimate secrets published in the media. Do celebrities have a right to privacy? According to freelance celebrity photographer Russell Turiak, "There's a separate law of privacy for celebrities and private people. When you're a celebrity, you sign away your right to privacy." Is he right?

People can sue if the media reveal highly offensive secrets about them. But there's an exception if the secret is newsworthy. Because the First Amendment provides for freedom of the press, the media cannot be prevented from revealing newsworthy items. The question is: Is everything about a celebrity newsworthy?

People can also sue if someone intrudes into their private space in a highly offensive manner. This could apply to photographers taking pictures of celebrities. But the celebrities must be where they have a "reasonable expectation of privacy." This would exclude most public places. It may even exclude cases of photographers on public property taking pictures of celebrities on private property. Turiak thinks it does: "When they say, oh, they shot right in the window of my house, well, why didn't you pull your shades down?"

Replace "celebrity" with "police".

When individuals apply to become a police officer, they should be well aware that they will be performing in front of the public's eye. If they think their actions will reflect poorly on themselves in front of a camera, maybe they should reconsider their actions.

Many claim that police photography is an obstruction of justice and interferes with police duties. I can see how this is a valid point with numerous scenarios. This rationale also raises the possibility of the photos and videos being misconstrued to show the police in the worst light possible; queue the publicity and public uproar. Also, completely plausible.

Many citizens claim that the footage is to provide evidence of crooked cops that abuse their powers. History has a handful of examples here, as well.

Each footage should be taken as single case scenarios because I don't think these are at all cut and dry. Police may have to break up a huge riot while on-lookers are incessantly shoving their cameras in the policemen's faces. Police may be curbstomping hobos for the hell of it, and they don't want record of these actions.

I think this may turn into a huge case with issues that need to be defined for a good time coming now. It's an extremely thin line, and I can't say which side I most defend.

I hope your friend doesn't get an prison time.  It's ridiculous how much legal disregard there is for politicians and police.  They can do whatever they want and abuse their power to no end with no repercussions
mean.gif
.  I'm glad your friend didn't back down and I hope the police brutality issue gets more light shed on it...

pepper-ground-black.jpg

angus.jpg
I agree with his principles and ideals, and hope he gets off but when the man wants something, he gets it.

So you might as well tell him to do what's in the spoiler.

The Police State of America has officially arrived. Self exile or ridiculous wealth is the only way to live peacefully now.
oh word? officially arrived? this **** has been here..thats what I dont get man...the history of this country speaks for itself but you still got people acting brand new :lol: whatever yo :smh:

Last edited:
I figured he killed someone from the title.

He sounds like a good dude. Hope he gets off.

The state will end up realizing it is a waste of money to take him to trial and throw the case out.

Back
Top Bottom