So After Opening Weekend, How Are Your Brackets Looking?

Mods, if you feel like this should be locked and subsumed into the Official March Madness Thread, then my bad. I just think this is more separate than theactual games being played, matchups, etc. Just looking at how we're doing in Bracketville after opening weekend. I'll get it started:

I've got 11 of the sweet 16 right, and still got all of my Elite 8 teams except Pitt, so I'm not looking too terrible.

Pretty pleased with myself for nailing a few upsets as well:
Sienna over Vandy
Davidson over Gonzaga
Western Kentucky over Drake
West Virginia over Duke

Currently 18th out of 132 in the Yahoo Niketalk group.

train_wreck.jpg

Final four still in tact, only hitting about 2/3 of my picks though.. i was very conservative this year, a few years ago i would've nailed most of theseupsets but i couldn't pull the trigger on most this year even though i knew we were due for a good number of them.

11 of 16 in the sweet sixteen

My only picks that actually hurt me is Gtown and I had Arizona for some odd reason makin it to the round of 16

currently in 9th place, i was really couuing on Uconn because I dont think Xavier will knock off UCLA now
14m5ml3.jpg

Terrible. My brackets were really funny (well not really). I swear I picked so many upsets correctly they just weren't in the same bracket. But the worstpart is that I kept thinking they were while I was watching the games. I had Davidson over Georgetown; WVU over Duke; Villanova over Siena; and a few others.Oh well.

- 9 of the sweet 16 in my company pool, can still get all elite 8 and final four teams

- 10 of the sweet 16, #68 out of 132 in the Yahoo NT Tournament, lost two elite 8 teams and 1 final four team(UCONN)
sick.gif

Mine is garbage, but then again I don't really put much effort into it. Some of my female friends, who know absolutely nothing about most of the teams,have better brackets than me right now.

12/16 of the Sweet 16 still left.
6/8 of the Elite 8
35/48 overall.

I got so close to picking Davidson over Gtown, and I had Villanova going to the Sweet 16 in my other bracket (which is garbage) just because Scottie Reynoldsis from where I live.
laugh.gif

36/48

G'town out of my final four.
4 teams out of my sweet 16.
2 teams out of my elite 8.

Awful.

Seemed like every upset that I picked didn't happen, and all the ones that I didn't pick happened.

Had Duke out in the second round and Davidson over Gonzaga, but that's about it as far as me correctly picking upsets.

Thought Butler could pull it out against the Vols, but...

Oh well, should be an entertaining Sweet 16 with all the lower seeds in there.

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

train_wreck.jpg

Indeed.

After the first day, I almost had a perfect run. It all went downhill from there.

I tried to go into this year with as little knowledge as possible, but I screwed up that strategy. I should've had xavier going to at least the elite 8because one of the guys I used to play ball with, who also happened to be the best PG in our league, had the name Xavier. Instead, I picked them losing in thefirst round because I thought a team named Xavier can't be destined to go far.
smh.gif
I should've picked Davidson because their best player is named Curry and I love curry food. But once again, I thought a team named Davidson sounds like alosing team
smh.gif

Lesson Learned: When making unknowledgeable March Madnesspicks, make them based on personal affinity as much as possible.

36/48 overall

Proud Moments:
- not picking Gonzaga over Davidson
- West Virginia over Duke
- Siena over Vandy

Moments I'd Like to Forget
- USC & Butler in the Elite 8
- Not having faith in my fellow Big Ten teams (sorry MSU & Wisky)

36/48 overall

Proud Moments:
- not picking Gonzaga over Davidson
- West Virginia over Duke
- Siena over Vandy

Moments I'd Like to Forget
- USC & Butler in the Elite 8
- Not having faith in my fellow Big Ten teams (sorry MSU & Wisky)

Proud Moments
-Picking Davidson over Zaga
-WV over Duke
-Picking Georgia over Xavier even though they lost

Not-so-Proud Moments
-Having Georgetown winning it all
-Having Clemson in the elite eight
-Picking Kent St. in the 1st Rd. when UNLV just absolutely tore them to shreds

Conclusion- My Bracket is (insert swear word) up

Not too bad after looking at some of the ones above lol...

The Siena thing didnt pan out for me like i wanted... i wasn't expecting them to beat Kansas but i figured id go for it, but then they played like dog asssagainst Nova
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

id have a perfect elite 8 still if i didnt take that risk 10/16 isnt bad for the next round considering that all the upsets so far gives my deeper teams aneasier road to the Elite 8

I knew Dook would lose in the second round, too bad i picked the wrong team to beat them (
smh.gif
at UofA every year)

but basically im happy my 3 seeds are still in the hunt for the final 4 the way i picked it
pimp.gif
im hoping to get lucky with Xavier... Wisconsin though i think can take townKansas and MAYBE upset UNC
pimp.gif

0e32548ea75029a0c0ce887242be99266e22dc7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom