So basically I just got hustled by a 9 year old at Vons

I was walking into Vons to get cat litter and there was this kid and another little girl standing outside asking people to buy candy to help finance something for school. The kid was standing there with crutches and they had a shopping basket with packs of those mini candy bars in the basket.

The speech was that they needed to raise 10k yada yada and the price for each pack was $50 but because I was so nice he'd drop it to $20.
99525ff4457014a9d6879e405aa84e28efb15ea.gif
I looked at the kid and told him I wasn't paying $20 for that little pack of candy that I could get right in the store for $3 and that if he told me the real price I might help him. He then asks for $10 and says he'll throw in a "free pack"
laugh.gif

I just went ahead and gave him $10 and took 2 packs of Baby Ruths, so basically I paid $5 per pack. I'm sure he and this little girl went into the store, bought the candy off the shelf and stood outside to re-sell it, and the store employees just let them do it, but hey...I figured if this kid is hustling that hard with crap candy, he must need it for something. Plus, I get paid tomorrow anyway so...
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
op you soft, woulda just went in the store, bought the $3 pack of candy, walked back out mean muggin him and proceed to eat the candy.
If you are this gullible, I happen to have acquired a new bridge in Brooklyn that I am willing to sell you for an amazing price, but this deal is only available until midnight. PM me if interested. k

Thanks for sharing this story, op. Copy and pasted in a word file and saved onto my external hard drive. Going to put that in my safe. I also took screenshots for visuals, too. Can't wait to share this story with my future kids.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

eyes.gif
op you soft, woulda just went in the store, bought the $3 pack of candy, walked back out mean muggin him and proceed to eat the candy. 

I didn't want any candy in the first place. Like you just said, I'm soft.
laugh.gif

cool

but speaking of hustling, I recently moved to ny, and its nuts to see young kids breakdance for money in the subway.

first, they can breakdance in a moving train??

second, at that age, i wasnt even thinking about making an extra buck on the side. (they dont look like ultra poor/homeless kids either)

smart kids. had to toss em a doller

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Thanks for sharing this story, op. Copy and pasted in a word file and saved onto my external hard drive. Going to put that in my safe. I also took screenshots for visuals, too. Can't wait to share this story with my future kids.
Hahaha! You guys are harsh...

Out here in Cali I always have kids running up to me in grocery store parking lots w/ Candy they are selling for some school fund raiser... I just hit give em 
indifferent.gif
 and keep it movin'

Dead On w/ the Fat Kid & the "Basketball" excuse.
I forgot about that Jay-Z picture.. 
laugh.gif

The only way i'd pay that much for a Candy Bar, is..

If it was a Wonka Bar w/ the Golden Ticket inside. 
willy-wonka-wilder.jpg

selling candies would be the soft way for our youth to attain money.

what happened to the days of mowing Mrs. Pennington's lawn's for $10? 
30t6p3b.gif
*shakes fist*

Back
Top Bottom