So did JB switch the colors on the ankle padding of the new Retro II's?

In every picture I've seen, the "NIKE" label on the back of the shoe has the colors reversed. Instead of a black tab with red "NIKE" lettering like the OG, it looks like they flipped the colors to match the tab of the other OG colorway with a red tab and black "NIKE" lettering. Can anyone post a pic to clear this up?

2010 Retro

Jordan_Retro_II__5_-570x320.jpg

101_DSC04243.jpg

air-jordan-ii-retro-qf-new-images-03.jpg

OG
air-jordan-2-ii-retro-white-varsity-red-black-3.jpg

And not to mention they sewed down the 23 completely.

Which doesn't really make a difference if you like the shoe.

Is that all??? What about the fact that the haven't taken the trim off the side-panel? Does that only bother me? The red on my 02 or whatever is very blood-red, so a brighter red is appreciated, but I can't double up with the coloured trim thing. Fail again.

Only saving grace is the NIKE stays on the back, but if on a II, why not on all the other Js up to VI???

^^ Good question. I can deal with the extra trim, but it does get kinda annoying sometimes because its both red and black instead of juss one

I guess I'll juss accept the red I don't know if I feel like paying more for it to look closer to the OG

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

they nice not too much of a difference between these and the OG's

Really??? Have you ever SEEN a pair of ORIGINALS?

How would you feel if there was a red fading to black outline around the main side panel on a VI for instance? Would that still be same as the original? No, of course not. Couple that with the black Nike backtab changing to red, and this is less like the 04 issue which wasn't even NEAR the original either.

To me the red padding at the back isnt a huge deal, it looks good with red padding as well.

I have a fresh pair of Retros from 2004 with the black padding, but to me either one is okay.

It couldve been alot worse fam. Be happy they didnt do something like add PL to the upper or something.

I could imagine that too
laugh.gif

When the word first got out that these were releasing I was some what excited. Now that i hear they're trash I'd rather save my money..

Originally Posted by SnowboardingPanda

I could imagine that too
laugh.gif

When the word first got out that these were releasing I was some what excited. Now that i hear they're trash I'd rather save my money..
And they are trash why??

Really?
Did nobody notice that they used two different leathers?
The leather by the ankle is SMOOTH leather, and the leather near the midfoot of the shoe is TUMBLE!!!
That is so terrible! Broke my heart when I saw that.
Why couldn't they just change the heel, and leave everything else the same?
Morons!

^^Ok then don't complain when u see a small change like no one is supposed to know the difference on a shoe you like

They do it so all these babies with older retro's who cry about it can still stick their noses up and feel superior.

Back
Top Bottom