so earlier today, my grandmother passes away from diabetes...vol. health is a big issue

as the title says...
not only did she have diabetes, but it was also affecting her kidneys liver and idk what else diabetes can do to your system, but her condition was SEVERE and shes had it ever since i was an infant/toddler (im 18 yrs btw)

it was 3:15pm 3/7/11. she was in the hospital for 2 days and the nurses were giving her medicine to help her with the condition she was in. but the previous days before she was hospitalized, she could not eat drink nor walk. my aunt really wanted to bring her to the hospital but my grandma was stubborn and said she did not want to go because she thought she'd feel better. then comes sunday morning, she is rushed to the hospital  around 7 or 8am i believe.and almost everyone from my family got out of their way, just to rush to the hospital. mind you, she lives in RI and the majority of the family lives in MA. so this would be a good  1hr20mn drive.

to break the long text...my grandmother was like a goddess to my family, i loved her, we loved her. family and friends loved her in general. she took care of me when i was a baby as if she did with my mother, uncles, aunts, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

the start of this week has been very depressing. right when i got the good news about starting my new job, i get bad news about my grandmother in the hospital, saying she only has 2 hrs to live and that 2 hrs turned into another day which made a very big difference.

ill love my grandma forever. NT Fam im sure yall have relatives who is currently dealing with diabetes, love them as much as you can. family will always be there for you no matter what

as the title says...
not only did she have diabetes, but it was also affecting her kidneys liver and idk what else diabetes can do to your system, but her condition was SEVERE and shes had it ever since i was an infant/toddler (im 18 yrs btw)

it was 3:15pm 3/7/11. she was in the hospital for 2 days and the nurses were giving her medicine to help her with the condition she was in. but the previous days before she was hospitalized, she could not eat drink nor walk. my aunt really wanted to bring her to the hospital but my grandma was stubborn and said she did not want to go because she thought she'd feel better. then comes sunday morning, she is rushed to the hospital  around 7 or 8am i believe.and almost everyone from my family got out of their way, just to rush to the hospital. mind you, she lives in RI and the majority of the family lives in MA. so this would be a good  1hr20mn drive.

to break the long text...my grandmother was like a goddess to my family, i loved her, we loved her. family and friends loved her in general. she took care of me when i was a baby as if she did with my mother, uncles, aunts, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

the start of this week has been very depressing. right when i got the good news about starting my new job, i get bad news about my grandmother in the hospital, saying she only has 2 hrs to live and that 2 hrs turned into another day which made a very big difference.

ill love my grandma forever. NT Fam im sure yall have relatives who is currently dealing with diabetes, love them as much as you can. family will always be there for you no matter what

I'm sorry about your loss OP. Prayers go out to your family to get through the rough time. Diabetes runs in my family and I never really gave it much thought until the last couple months. Everyone knows about HIV and Cancer at a young age yet Diabetes awareness isn't happening at the same rate. Only diabetes commercials/ads i see are the NBA ones, hopefully people can learn more about it.

Very sorry for your loss. My condolences.

On a good health note, I have been running a mile and a half consistantly for about two weeks now and I've lost 5-6 lbs. Been eating right, and watching my portions. I gotta get my health under control. This should be a lesson to anyone who reads it.

Keep her alive through your memories.

I'm sorry about your loss OP. Prayers go out to your family to get through the rough time. Diabetes runs in my family and I never really gave it much thought until the last couple months. Everyone knows about HIV and Cancer at a young age yet Diabetes awareness isn't happening at the same rate. Only diabetes commercials/ads i see are the NBA ones, hopefully people can learn more about it.

Very sorry for your loss. My condolences.

On a good health note, I have been running a mile and a half consistantly for about two weeks now and I've lost 5-6 lbs. Been eating right, and watching my portions. I gotta get my health under control. This should be a lesson to anyone who reads it.

Keep her alive through your memories.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Im sorry to hear that fam

RIP 

Yeah, I've had the displeasure of learning all the great things diabetes can do to a person from the scientific point of view the past week in class. Lacerations in the liver among the many things that diabetes does. It sounds like your grandma meant a lot, so keep your head up and make her proud.

Yeah, I've had the displeasure of learning all the great things diabetes can do to a person from the scientific point of view the past week in class. Lacerations in the liver among the many things that diabetes does. It sounds like your grandma meant a lot, so keep your head up and make her proud.

Sorry dude. My grandma just passed away couple weeks ago. I know how you feel bro.

Sorry dude. My grandma just passed away couple weeks ago. I know how you feel bro.

I envy the relationship that you had with your grandmother.
Sorry for your loss man, may she rest in peace.

I envy the relationship that you had with your grandmother.
Sorry for your loss man, may she rest in peace.

RIP fam.. She's in a better place now, and I know she'll be watching you all the way.

RIP fam.. She's in a better place now, and I know she'll be watching you all the way.

Back
Top Bottom