Kanye West
Mariah Carey
Killa Kyleon
Snoop Dogg
Me...
embarassed.gif

Edit: Lil Flip
Bow Wow

Zapp and them USED it, it didn't use them...I understand the roots of it. Roger Troutman...but yeah...

Who else has used it, I just noticed that it's become a regular thing to do on your CD...

auto tune (e.g. wayne, kanye, t-pain) is different from the talk box (e.g. zapp)...so try NOT to confuse them.

Originally Posted by NolanMJJ

auto tune (e.g. wayne, kanye, t-pain) is different from the talk box (e.g. zapp)...so try NOT to confuse them.

Definition of someone who doesn't know what he is talking about. I guess you have never seen Ye in concert? He has a guy at the bottom of the stage witha guitar controling his vocoder. And at the end of the show Ye introduces the dude as "Johnny WhatsHisName on the VOCODER."

...also Lil Wayne uses Vocoder.

oh wait

HHDX: Your use of the vocoder makes you stand out in the game - was that something that you came along by chance or was it just a decision on your part?
T-Pain:
Honestly, I came across it by chance. It just happened. I didn't plan on that making me into the person that I am. I wasn't trying to do it, at first. I was just really into making music. So, the using of the vocoder had just came about out of nowhere, but I'm glad that it's worked for me.

...dog go take a nap. So try NOT to confuse that with "sleeping"

2 different ways to achieve the same thing thats all... auto tune is well automatic... the OG vocoder/talkbox/whatever the %@## u wanna call it... u had toplay the right chords so ur vocals would stay in tune... with auto tune its automatic so u just select the key ur going to "sing" in and it takes itfrom there... dont really matter... same %+%#...

Originally Posted by Patriots 18 1

Originally Posted by NolanMJJ

Definition of someone who doesn't know what he is talking about. I guess you have never seen Ye in concert? He has a guy at the bottom of the stage with a guitar controling his vocoder. And at the end of the show Ye introduces the dude as "Johnny WhatsHisName on the VOCODER."

...also Lil Wayne uses Vocoder.

oh wait

HHDX: Your use of the vocoder makes you stand out in the game - was that something that you came along by chance or was it just a decision on your part?
T-Pain:
Honestly, I came across it by chance. It just happened. I didn't plan on that making me into the person that I am. I wasn't trying to do it, at first. I was just really into making music. So, the using of the vocoder had just came about out of nowhere, but I'm glad that it's worked for me.

...dog go take a nap. So try NOT to confuse that with "sleeping"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

why did you get so offended? did i ever call you out?

i'm pretty sure wayne uses autotune buddy. auto-tune is a form of vocoding so i don't see how you proved me wrong at all.

reference: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=21583

Auto-tune is a plug-in made by Antares, which is used for pitch correction. While it's best used sparingly, on parts where a vocalist like J. Lo, for example, might not be able to keep her pitch steady for an entire verse or what have you, rappers and singers these days just run their main line of vocals through it in excess and you get robot-like audio. I think people assume it's the same thing as a vocoder because it uses a form of vocoding to achieve its process, but not it's not actual vocoder itself, nor does it produce the same harmonic results.

A vocoder is something totally different than auto-tune, and it's not a Roger Troutman talk box either, which is another mistake people seem to make. Without getting too deep into signal flow, a vocoder takes a signal- say you've got a microphone plugged into a synthesizer like the Roland V-Synth GT. The signal that comes through that microphone (you singing, rapping, chanting, whatever) is sent to the series of oscillators and filters which create the synthesizer's sounds (now mixed with your vocals), which you can play through the keyboard or along with the keyboard. However you alter those filters and oscillators, that will change the resulting sound.

http://ibeatthat.blogspot.com/2008/05/set-record-straight-for-yall-re.html

You can read that blog too.

and yes, I have seen 'Ye in concert at the Glow in the Dark...what songs have you seen him use the vocoder for, to spit lyrics? I'm pretty sure the OPis referring to his lyrical use of it, like in Put On or Lollipop. As a guitar player you can still use the vocoder to control the sound coming from theguitar, which is probably what 'Ye was referring to at the end of his concert..

honestly though, take a chill pill...people on niketalk getting offended for no reason.

yeah two different things. These dudes are using like Melodyne's Autotune, Zapp used Vocoder.

i liked wayne before he used autotune, i hope he doesnt use it for every track on c3

Back
Top Bottom