So FIFA 2009 is the GOAT Next-Gen Sports Game

Originally Posted by WHPH10

The game is very frustrating and I wish they put some sort of AI in it. Like for instance, a real soccer player would never accidentally walk out of bounds.

A legitimate gripe, it's not like this happens all the time. It's rare if anything and quite trivial compared to some of the problems in games like2k9.

Also, it's very annoying when I pass and I press it twice because it doesn't register with the player and then when the receiver of the pass gets it, he too passes it away.

And it particularly sucks when I attempt a defensive clearance and since I held square before the player gets the ball, he doesn't clear so I have to press it again. Also, One button is used for tackle and passing, and one button used for sliding and lobbing a pass. I sometimes pass after a tackle just because I was pressing the tackle button to get possession. Or when I try to slide in on defense but somehow get control of the ball and I clear it out instead. Like how is someone supposed to react to the potential 0.3 milliseconds it takes to go from a defensive position to an offensive one?

This isn't really a problem with quality players
grin.gif

And there's also no point really in having the fancy dribble tricks because how many times are they actually effective?
The skill moves just take practice. I'm not going to act like I'm a pro at them because I rarely use them but I've seen themeffectively used online a good amount.

The defense is also very susceptible and vulnerable to lead passes. Having someone like Wayne Rooney or Francisco Torres running towards a lead pass with one defender on them almost always leads to a breakaway.
True, this wasn't as big of a problem in 08.

I don't know why but I've always loved NHL and FIFA games but could care less about the sport and don't even follow it the slightest.

Originally Posted by theHBkid

***Question:

I started playing Be A Pro mode and got my guy up to 81 OVERALL, but when i get out of it and go to like exhibition mode with a friend, my guys the starting 58 OVERALL in the squad menu.

Can i not play with my 81 OVERALL player?
Is it a created player or regular player ?
The only time player's ratings change are when you dl the roster update from adidas live season from actually how theyperformed on the pitch.

How do you request a game?

PSN: KRSTFRJ
Go to your HUD in online mode >address book >PSN id of other player>invite to game
I on btw...

FIFA 2009 does have some flaws for instance players falling after being tackled(no slide tackle) for the ball
lack of dribbling it never works for me(L2+ R)
auto switching is
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PurpHeartGrapes

Madden 2009
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NBA 2K9/2K8
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NHL 09 ??? Haven't gotten to play one yet
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
fixed.
ALSO, i completely agree with your point.. i never really was into soccer.. but then i started playin the World Cup games that come out every 4 years.. ohboy.. thats my s***!!! so i started playin the FIFA games after they came out each year.. some of the best made sports games of all time.. no question
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

I agree 100%. what skill difficulty do you play on in single player? I was ready to say match until I saw you had a PSN
eyes.gif

let me guess you play with:

1. Man utd
2. Inter
3.Milan
4.Barca
5.Liverpool

anyways..... anybody with a 360 that wants to get smacked around and doesn't use those 5 teams hit me up......SupremeLItoNYC

I usually play with real madrid and america
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

36193.jpg

wink.gif

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

I agree 100%. what skill difficulty do you play on in single player? I was ready to say match until I saw you had a PSN
eyes.gif

let me guess you play with:

1. Man utd
2. Inter
3.Milan
4.Barca
5.Liverpool

anyways..... anybody with a 360 that wants to get smacked around and doesn't use those 5 teams hit me up......SupremeLItoNYC

I usually play with real madrid and america
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

36193.jpg

wink.gif
*shots fired*

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Originally Posted by theHBkid

***Question:

I started playing Be A Pro mode and got my guy up to 81 OVERALL, but when i get out of it and go to like exhibition mode with a friend, my guys the starting 58 OVERALL in the squad menu.

Can i not play with my 81 OVERALL player?
Is it a created player or regular player ?
The only time player's ratings change are when you dl the roster update from adidas live season from actually how they performed on the pitch.
Yeah, it is a created player. in BAP im a solid 82 but out of it, im the 58 i began with. what the hell?
eyes.gif

does anyone know why they dont take the players to the national team while playing career mode?

i really liked that
laugh.gif

My little cousin said something like this........and I thought he was out his mind!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.......He said something like its the greatest game on PS3by faaaaaaaar....

The game is very frustrating and I wish they put some sort of AI in it. Like for instance, a real soccer player would never accidentally walk out of bounds. Also, it's very annoying when I pass and I press it twice because it doesn't register with the player and then when the receiver of the pass gets it, he too passes it away.

And it particularly sucks when I attempt a defensive clearance and since I held square before the player gets the ball, he doesn't clear so I have to press it again.

Also, One button is used for tackle and passing, and one button used for sliding and lobbing a pass. I sometimes pass after a tackle just because I was pressing the tackle button to get possession. Or when I try to slide in on defense but somehow get control of the ball and I clear it out instead. Like how is someone supposed to react to the potential 0.3 milliseconds it takes to go from a defensive position to an offensive one?

And there's also no point really in having the fancy dribble tricks because how many times are they actually effective?

The defense is also very susceptible and vulnerable to lead passes. Having someone like Wayne Rooney or Francisco Fernando Torres running towards a lead pass with one defender on them almost always leads to a breakaway.

However, although the game is very frustrating, it is very competitive and fun to play.

That being said, I'm down for a PS3 tournament or league.

PSN ID is WHPH10.

couple errors there, but agree with some. Fancy dribbles are essential to this game, works tons o' times, unless you're playing against cpu onlegendary.

Ok, sooo I got a newbie type of question. Been looking for a good sports game to pick up, I am guilty of playingt he usual suspects: Madden, NBA 2k, MLB 2k,now..I have been thinking about either picking up soccer or hockey. Is this game really that good? I only have a 360.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Ok, sooo I got a newbie type of question. Been looking for a good sports game to pick up, I am guilty of playingt he usual suspects: Madden, NBA 2k, MLB 2k, now..I have been thinking about either picking up soccer or hockey. Is this game really that good? I only have a 360.
yes get it

if you dont like it return it and get nhl then
grin.gif

Ok, sooo I got a newbie type of question. Been looking for a good sports game to pick up, I am guilty of playingt he usual suspects: Madden, NBA 2k, MLB 2k, now..I have been thinking about either picking up soccer or hockey. Is this game really that good? I only have a 360.
yes get it

if you dont like it return it and get nhl then
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Gonna have to check this out. Not too sure. But if they have a demo on xbox live that would be great. Is it relatively easy to pick up(as in game controls wise.)

it may take some getting used to... fifa's been out for a while so the competition online is pretty rough.

^Are you sure ? because I can't even use a created player in exhibition mode.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

auto switching is
indifferent.gif

You can turn it down or completely off. I put my down to the very last notch so I basically switch players when I want.

Originally Posted by Aztec

wink.gif
Dude posts the match result from a past season like we cant post from games we have won.
laugh.gif
calm down..its all for fun and jokes...i couldnt care less what teams you guys root for
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Aztec

wink.gif
Dude posts the match result from a past season like we cant post from games we have won.
laugh.gif
calm down..its all for fun and jokes...i couldnt care less what teams you guys root for
roll.gif
Yeah I know just for fun and jokes

Spoiler [+]

That was hilarious huh
roll.gif
roll.gif

FIFA 2009 does have some flaws for instance players falling after being tackled(no slide tackle) for the ball
lack of dribbling it never works for me(L2+ R)
auto switching is
indifferent.gif

Probably my biggest complaint. So frustrating when your player barely gets nudged and he reacts like he just ran into a brick wall at full speed.
smh.gif

Other than that though they did an incredible job with the physics.

And I'm telling you guys, the skill moves just take practice. The hardest part is remembering that your player is rotated 90 degrees compared to when youdo them in the Arena.

Back
Top Bottom